Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I really don't understand the point of SP for the most part. There's so few things to actually unlock/purchase that it seems like a waste of time and resources to make a currency system at all (not that I imagine it's difficult to implement). I could understand it if it was like SCIII which had ass tons of weapons and costume pieces and special items to buy, or SCIV which had a lot of characters that were purchasable, but neither is the case. There's the museum which isn't that exciting to unlock stuff for, and maybe 2 pieces of equipment in each CAS category.

Yet there's so many ways to earn Soul Points. It's gonna end up like SCV where you max out your Player Points fast and then never have a use for them.

Not that it's a terrible thing or anything, I just feel like I wish Soul Points felt more useful so that when I earn some I'm like "OOO, what can I get with these?!" like I did with Gold in SCIII.

It even crossed my mind at one point that maybe they plan to add tons more CAS items that are purchasable in-game via free update patches. It'd help to make up for the lack of CAS items (without paying for DLC) and also make Soul Points have more value since there's more you can actually do with them. I think someone mentioned that they do have 'free DLC' planned too so I guess something like this might not be too far off. I certainly wouldn't mind getting free DLC CAS that you have to unlock in-game.

I dunno how many of you actually enjoy watching videos without commentary but I've been recording my Soul Chronicles and I started Libra the other day so if anyone wants to check 'em out then:
I wish I could've done them with commentary but I don't live alone anymore and I really hate people being able to hear me talk. Still, I wanted to capture my very first playthroughs of everything in the game :)

Welp, i think i'm not so interested in Azwel. Spent some time in the practice mode and his movelist just isnt as appealing as i thought it would be. After i got bored looking at his stuff, i went back to Ivy and Zas and was very excited. Especially for Zas whom we havent seen since SC4. So i'll take that as i'll be having more fun with my old characters.

Welp, i think i'm not so interested in Azwel. Spent some time in the practice mode and his movelist just isnt as appealing as i thought it would be. After i got bored looking at his stuff, i went back to Ivy and Zas and was very excited. Especially for Zas whom we havent seen since SC4. So i'll take that as i'll be having more fun with my old characters.
I made a super crazy succubus lady with the zealot voice and my god does Azwel fit her so well. I like the moveset a lot, especially if you can freak out your opponent with stance dancing that works 90% as effectively as a back/sidestep; my only beef with him is a lack of good lows imo, and the lack of kicks really makes his moveset feel weak, but he has great zoning options. Get em to try step your 44bs and smack em with 66a, or use 6k,k to tech crouch while advancing inwards.

Modding update: the first (public) mod has been released. It removes NM's chest armor and helmet. You can already do this in CaS ofc, but it's still an interesting test case. I also got the creator to switch Soul Edge onto one of Siegfried's CaS weapons, which I've really wanted since the beta (I pretty much want to play as NM but with Sieg's style).

Meanwhile, the very first mesh (as in imported/edited model) mod for Tekken 7 was just released. Given that it took well over a year and a half since launch, and SCVI likely uses a similar file system, we'll be waiting a good bit for cutom models.
So a guy said they faced this in rank....let the debate begin.

View attachment 52261
"I see absolutely nothing wrong with CaS in ranked.
There's no button configuration at the character select screen even though other games including Tekken 7 have it? Okubo, come on, bruh.
Yeah, big issue because I'm the only stick player of my group of friends so we have to keep pausing the game to switch controls. CSS button check would be useful, as would the game remembering each controller's button config like Skullgirls does (so that, for example, the fightstick can be unplugged or replugged and keep the same config no matter which player).
Anyone elese having problems with the game crashing on PC?
Idk about crashing, but my friend's PC hangs super hard when you remove controllers. We're convinced it has to do something with his Steam beta client having a bunch of controller drivers that don't play nice with SC upon (de)activating.

Got some playtime in last night. Good fun!! Here are a few observations.

1. Libra of Souls CAS parts...…….Yeah, that's a serious lack of selection. Fortunately, it had (most of the) parts that I can use for my CAS. But they definitely need to add more parts. And real parts, not more silly stuff like Kitty heads or sexy bikinis.

2. I didn't notice any real input lag while playing offline matches on my Xbox One X. However, I did notice some lag while navigating the menus or selecting characters in Arcade Mode. Like, you press A to select, but there's a few second delay before the selection goes through. Anyone else notice that on Xbox or PS4?

3. Also, jiggle. lots of jiggle...…………...
Yeah, same issue on the Xbox 1 S, but hard to tell on-line it it's network delay or input lag.

I'm on PS4 and yeah the delay is really annoying especially when you're in the lab just scrolling between moves in the command list.

Also you would think after six Calibur games and nearly 20 years they would have the option to have the command list on screen while you practice but what's worse is that you have to click out of several menus from the command list on screen before you can get back to controlling your character. No matter how you cut it this is incompetent design.
Totally agree, I despise such bad UI design as it's not rocket science and annoys users to no end.

Spent hours practising against Azwell, winning maybe 20% total and mostly by luck. Got the hang of the right strategy but he is INSANE with all that range, speed, juggling and RO capabilities. Is that dude really considered balanced?

I was neither for nor against the whole armor breaking thing, but now that I've gotten to see the horrible abominations that people consider "good" character designs -- my tune has changed. I enjoy destroying them piece by piece and revealing them for what they truly are!

Full armor breaking a really bad CaS in ranked is the truest form of retaliation.

I haven't played any online matches yet, so can't speak to lag there. but so far, in my offline play, I haven't encountered any noticeable lag in matches.

just the annoying lag when navigating the menus/ui.

Armour break frequency is way better than scv, doesn't happen as easily and the entire equipment set doesn't break off on one hit like in SCV, much much better.

I am literally addicted to this game already after playing all yesterday and all today.

The gameplay is so smooth and loose. I think they've achieved something quite special with this game.

Back