Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The more I play Sophitia the more I actually want lizardman because holy cow they play way different for characters that're supposed to be clones. I can't do any of the aggro rushdown stuff I used to. Her whiff punishes are sick, though.

If we're getting DLC this soon, and it's a character, maybe it really is him. All they'd have to do is finish the rest of his moveset and give him his stance back, which they're able to pull from 4 more or less.

I use a nightmare edit without his giant hand and he doesnt have phantom grap or anything at least I didnt noticed it

So what you're telling me then is the game adjusts his grab range depending on whether or not the arm is there.

I just... have a hard time believing PS would do that. It sounds like a lot of extra work to me. I think what is really happening is smaller characters use a bigger character model so they appear to have longer reach and take hits from a distance outside their bodies. Its the opposite for the larger models they have shorter range than they appear to have but attacks can wiff right through them sometimes.

That would make sense to me. I guess i can understand people having issue. It might throw people off visually at first but learning the game and correct matchups isnt really all visual anyway. Its supposed to be memory and quick thinking i thought.

Thought getting good involves memorizing if you have enough frames to punish something on block or not. Other than that i thought visual cues are just a loose reference guide. Not something you can just "eyeball it" to know if you can hit.

Idk if the netcode is garbage or not, but the matchmaking is atrociously bad on PC. I played maybe 6 or 7 matches last night and maybe 2 of them went smoothly at all, and even those still spiked at times. You have to set your preferences so wide to get a single match that you're guaranteed to find shitty opponents.

I also have a mixed experience on steam.
For friendly match there isn't big problem, but finding a ranked match :
  • can be very long if I set the preference for connection to 4 or higher. At certain time of the day, it's actually impossible
  • even with 4 or higher, 1 match out of 3 is laggy
9 encounters out of 10 are CAS (and I mean complete CAS, not recolor of original characters).
Both casual and ranked, I have seen plenty of Nightmare and Geralt, but I haven't seen a single one Talim, Astaroth, Xianghua yet. I encountered Azwel, Raph, and Yoshi just once.

The more I play Sophitia the more I actually want lizardman because holy cow they play way different for characters that're supposed to be clones. I can't do any of the aggro rushdown stuff I used to. Her whiff punishes are sick, though.

If we're getting DLC this soon, and it's a character, maybe it really is him. All they'd have to do is finish the rest of his moveset and give him his stance back, which they're able to pull from 4 more or less.

TBH, as much as I want him in, I think it'll be Cass. Her redesign artwork wise is too extended for her to not make it.

TBH, as much as I want him in, I think it'll be Cass. Her redesign artwork wise is too extended for her to not make it.
I mean, she has a portrait and he has a portrait, 3 weapon models, a style icon, new moves, returning moves, a model, etc. His assets are in and the NPC version has been ready for about two months minimum. Since then, if they were working on him in the meantime, he'd definitely be the earliest possible post launch DLC character to be ready. This is already a budget game, I simply don't see them wasting the work and assets put in.

Honestly this game just emphasizes to me that clone-hate (or clonophobia) is pointless. Inferno, despite being broken and having relatively minor changes from Nightmare, is really fun to play. And every CAS character is a clone of the main cast anyway.

What I'm trying to say is: bring back Hwang, Lizardman, Rock and Li Long. Do it, you cowards.

Honestly this game just emphasizes to me that clone-hate (or clonophobia) is pointless. Inferno, despite being broken and having relatively minor changes from Nightmare, is really fun to play. And every CAS character is a clone of the main cast anyway.

What I'm trying to say is: bring back Hwang, Lizardman, Rock and Li Long. Do it, you cowards.
As someone who has mained a clone for ages and experiments with the base characters, it's crazy how much "clones" can truly add to the game. In some cases, I vastly prefer the clone to the unique decloned counterparts! It's a cheap way to get more out of your work, and open up new potential playstyles as well as draw in the fans of those.

I wouldn't mind Lizardman, but I'd rather have Cass first. And even then, I'm not sure we need 3 s+s characters.

So, that's why I'd take Cass over Lizardman, unless they give Lizard his double axe style.

I wouldn't mind Lizardman, but I'd rather have Cass first. And even then, I'm not sure we need 3 s+s characters.

So, that's why I'd take Cass over Lizardman, unless they give Lizard his double axe style.
Because he brings something to the table that is unique compared to sophitia and cass, and has an axe anyways not a sword lol. They all play diff, especially 3 onwards. His double axe style kinda blew tho. Dropped V quick over that nonsense. One of the best examples of unique not being better.

Because he brings something to the table that is unique compared to sophitia and cass, and has an axe anyways not a sword lol. They all play diff, especially 3 onwards. His double axe style kinda blew tho. Dropped V quick over that nonsense. One of the best examples of unique not being better.

But i think it would be more accurate to say his movelist changes in general were just not good. Like dropping crawl stance and whatnot. That doesnt really have anything to do with the off hand having a shield or an axe.

frankly, as long as I get Cass in the Season (1) Pass, I couldn't care who else they add. if they want to add Lizardman, too, then go for it.

as long as there's Cass.

But i think it would be more accurate to say his movelist changes in general were just not good. Like dropping crawl stance and whatnot. That doesnt really have anything to do with the off hand having a shield or an axe.
That's true. If he played exactly like his SC4 self but with an axe in his off hand I guess I wouldn't have a problem :^)
Pretty unnecessary though, considering we have no normal sized axe users anyways.

We don't need another S+S blond with a generic Soul Charge. We already have one.
I prefer Lizardboy.

I just need Hilde and Setsuka. =(

That's true. If he played exactly like his SC4 self but with an axe in his off hand I guess I wouldn't have a problem :^)
Pretty unnecessary though, considering we have no normal sized axe users anyways.

Its the issue with three shields that bothers some people. I dont care either way personally. The existence of CAS lizards ruins Aeon for me. I really wish that wasnt a selectable race. If Aeon is established as the dominant, leading figure among Lizardmen, then you cant have ninjas, magicians, monks, etc. Or in other words, more intelligent Lizardmen.

SCV Aeon will never not be better than not-Sophitia with crawl stance.

Just replace Aeon's flight with crawling and you'll get the best parts of Lizardman in one character. That I'd gladly pay money for.

Its the issue with three shields that bothers some people. I dont care either way personally. The existence of CAS lizards ruins Aeon for me. I really wish that wasnt a selectable race. If Aeon is established as the dominant, leading figure among Lizardmen, then you cant have ninjas, magicians, monks, etc. Or in other words, more intelligent Lizardmen.

He fights the way he does serving Ares. It's in SCIII he starts to regress, but he still shows advanced intelligence by discarding his weapons, I don't personally see the issue.

If I had to choose a single character to return though, I want Algol.

SCV Aeon will never not be better than not-Sophitia with crawl stance.

Just replace Aeon's flight with crawling and you'll get the best parts of Lizardman in one character. That I'd gladly pay money for.

Why not both though

I'm just not too convinced they're going to bother importing a fully-fledged Lizardman into the game (and not already have one in the base roster to begin with) if the one we have in-game is already a mish-mash of previously used assets (the SCIV armor, the weird Sophitia clone-esque things going on, the Lizardman Chief model itself not even being anymore unique than the generic CaS Lizardman).

Back