Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Maybe this is what the patch was about. Someone posted this in a SC modding discord:
View attachment 53397

He modded his RP and he used bad language in his display name. I'm not sure which of these triggered the ban, but this is the first time I've seen someone get banned in the game.
Interesting. I wonder if using those obscured CaS characters will be enough to warrant a ban. It'd make a lot of people happy lol

Nice to see someone being fair and logical about all this. My only complaint is that he left off Amy from his list of possible returnees. :sc4amy1:
Did he actually just forget about her.. or does he knows.. or does he really think she doesn't have a chance against all the others :'(

I was hoping for "Copied City" as a stage since its was so different and had an amazing music but this one is great too
That would have been even more futuristic and out of place and people would have hated it even more. City Ruins is a good compromise for the setting.

Interesting. I wonder if using those obscured CaS characters will be enough to warrant a ban. It'd make a lot of people happy lol

Actually, i enjoy this idea far more than them outright cutting CAS from ranked because it directly punishes the indivdual instead penalizing everyone else.

I suppose there is still the matter of different hit boxes though.

there should be a report button but I guess they don't have the manpower to review if these are legit reports or salt throwing

Probably didn't do much beyond that, although supposedly there's been talks about Ivy and Taki's jiggle physics being reduced heavily or something in the next patch, specifically on PS4 due to a newer policy of Sony's. So the minor animation changes could just be that. Doubt it though, since I don't see why those changes would appear in a PC patch regardless.

Edit: I do find it funny that any effort would be put to changing that, though. Idk about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure the last thing we're actually worried about in a match is animations on characters' chests that probably go unnoticed almost entirely.

Probably didn't do much beyond that, although supposedly there's been talks about Ivy and Taki's jiggle physics being reduced heavily or something in the next patch, specifically on PS4 due to a newer policy of Sony's. So the minor animation changes could just be that. Doubt it though, since I don't see why those changes would appear in a PC patch regardless.

Edit: I do find it funny that any effort would be put to changing that, though. Idk about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure the last thing we're actually worried about in a match is animations on characters' chests that probably go unnoticed almost entirely.

I definitely dont care. I mean once they're in outfits like that, what is the point?

But if they do change something like that, wouldnt it be accross the board on all platforms?

It's just a few random guys on the web who keep saying that Ivy and Taki's jiggle physics might get reduced, I even saw this silly rumor at
4Chan
This franchise has had stuff like this (breast jiggle/big breasts, etc) for over 2 decades now.

Lastly, the people who've worked on this franchise have already done a good job by rating it for teens and adults with partial nudity and violence, there honestly isn't a need to tone down anything.

That's all I have to say about this matter.

I definitely dont care. I mean once they're in outfits like that, what is the point?

But if they do change something like that, wouldnt it be accross the board on all platforms?
Not likely, as this isn't the first game to get censored due to Sony's new policy about it, and only on PS4 versions. Vita, Switch, Xbone, etc., all get unaffected from what I've heard on the subject. Could be across all platforms to avoid getting backlash for it being on just PS4, but that could have the opposite effect and increase the people who might complain about it. I just can't say I see the point in the new policy since it's only going to negatively effect things for the games that this could apply to, which let's be honest, are probably games where that kinda thing was at least part of the reason people were playing them.

Funny note on that: I believe Sony's also requiring the plead/appeal process on it to be done exclusively in English, even in Japan and what-not, which further complicates things for the developers and seems like a bad decision all around. Not sure how accurate the info is overall on the subject, but it's a thing. Take it as you will.

although supposedly there's been talks about Ivy and Taki's jiggle physics being reduced heavily or something in the next patch, specifically on PS4 due to a newer policy of Sony's.

You know I would have just rolled my eyes over this, treat it as just another assumption pulled out of someone's ass but it's actually got me concerned considering there was some game heavily censored from a series that had never been censored before. A lot of the blame has been put on the fact that Sony HQ has moved out of Japan and moved to San Fransisco hence the new policy.

It's just a few random guys on the web who keep saying that Ivy and Taki's jiggle physics might get reduced, I even saw this silly rumor at
4Chan

This franchise has had stuff like this (breast jiggle/big breasts, etc) for over 2 decades now.

Lastly, the people who've worked on this franchise have already done a good job by rating it for teens and adults with partial nudity and violence, there honestly isn't a need to tone down anything.

That's all I have to say about this matter.
This is fair and will be left at that, then. Agreed that it's silly, and yeah, the series has always been like this. Didn't know firsthand as I only got the info through a friend who'd told me about it.

I'll admit i definitely took that statement as "ok, we are getting another guest"
But then i also took "Geralt was selected because of popularity and he fits in the world of Soulcalibur"
As "Ok, technological androids are off the table."
Considering the Soulcalibur world has automatons thanks to the Cult and 2B is from the game Nier Automata...it fits pretty well all things considered. In all honesty we should have expected 2B the moment they made automatons a playable race.

You know I would have just rolled my eyes over this, treat it as just another assumption pulled out of someone's ass but it's actually got me concerned considering there was some game heavily censored from a series that had never been censored before. A lot of the blame has been put on the fact that Sony HQ has moved out of Japan and moved to San Fransisco hence the new policy.
All things aside, that's interesting to note. Could explain things somewhat, although still a bit odd. Honestly I find the idea of the change to sound pointless and stupid, so I can agree with how you'd take it that way. I doubt it myself.

All things aside, that's interesting to note. Could explain things somewhat, although still a bit odd. Honestly I find the idea of the change to sound pointless and stupid, so I can agree with how you'd take it that way. I doubt it myself.

The mental thing about it though is that the Switch version is completely uncensored, you know that family friendly console company. People have even made joke about it that we're in some kind of warped reality for this to even happen. It's just too bad San Fransisco is militant over sexuality (as well as other things).

Back