Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'ts a common misnomer that you need a "fast" connection to play online. You need a low latency connection. Low ping to the nearest hop. You need to play on a wired connection. You need for nothing else on your network to interfere with this connection.

;] GLHF
Need fast connection for streaming on twitch :)

I agree with this, people who can't appreciate getting less cas parts than we got in the game before this need to stfu already, i don't give a shit if cas is your favorite mode and you couldn't care less about libra. WE GOT LIBRA STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT LIMITED CAS!
I love Libra, but CaS is still lacking. It really shouldn’t not have parts that were in SoulCalibur V. I can’t really fathom why they were cut.

I'm going to play this game for as long as possible and I will stream it when the internet gods finally give me that fast connection... I'll make fanart, too (I can draw pretty decently). I wont let this game die, it's my favorite game ever and it helped me get through very hard times in my life. Now I am having the worst time in my life (not to get into too much detail...) and bam! Soulcalibur is here again to save my soul. I'm gonna buy it today again on PC and I really don't give a shit about all the mistakes they made. I can feel the passion Project Soul has for it, if someone can't then I pity you. Most, if not all, other fighters look very uninspired compared to SC, to me. Not to mention, it is the only game of it's kind.

Same, irl isn't easy and this game keeps me out of water since months. Stress and excitement reading your speculations really helped to clear head. And since release, other games seem no more so attractive in comparison.

SF5 20h Mk10 3h KI 2h Tk7 12h Doa5 3h, no modern fighting games interested me more than 20h. (While i enjoyed SoulBlade, SC3 and Tekken 3 for dozen of hours, couldn't find same interest in new Tekken.)
SC6 92h and still want to play more and more, despite its flaws and even if still miss SC3 Chronicles of sword, just this one managed to captivate me !

no, listen a new game should always be an improvement of the last game and never go backwards on any aspect and if its not improved then at least it needs to stay the same quality. they are lacking content for CAS and that is not right.
Holy moly, you couldn't be more right.

no, listen a new game should always be an improvement of the last game and never go backwards on any aspect and if its not improved then at least it needs to stay the same quality. they are lacking content for CAS and that is not right.
Of course, if the game isn't on a smaller budget. It obviously didnt have the same budget as SC5 so how can you expect the same or more. If they imported everything from SC5 and didnt give the characters new designs, you guys would be complaining about that. There are very specific circumstances surrounding this game. If you keep taking it out of context and comparing to previous games, it just makes it seem like you cannot grasp the entirety of the situation. I feel bad for Project Soul to have such unforgiving audience and an awful publisher. Did you miss the part where every character has new moves, amazing supers and the entire gameplay, the CORE of the game, was reworked?

Of course, if the game isn't on a smaller budget. It obviously didnt have the same budget as SC5 so how can you expect the same or more. If they imported everything from SC5 and didnt give the characters new designs, you guys would be complaining about that. There are very specific circumstances surrounding this game. If you keep taking it out of context and comparing to previous games, it just makes it seem like you cannot grasp the entirety of the situation. I feel bad for Project Soul to have such unforgiving audience and an awful publisher. Did you miss the part where every character has new moves, amazing supers and the entire gameplay, the CORE of the game, was reworked?

What you write is absolutely understandable, but i just would like to temper on one point please.

People including me sometimes can seem unforgiving here, but i think everyone here bought the game at release, sometimes by giving up buying another game : Dragon quest, Tomb Raider, Forza Horizon, Assassin's Creed, Hitman 2, RDR2, etc. Who knows what some of you renounced to buy this new SoulCalibur 6 ? Maybe even some of you deprived themselves of something irl to play this game, we never know !

I don't mean it gives us the right to act like spoiled children.
But it's just to reassure you that people here probably like much more this game than it seems !
I'm sure if a new SoulCalibur 7 had to be released next month, most people here would blindly buy the next one with a new fresh hype !

P.S. I still prefer SC3 CoS and didn't like much Bamco marketing for this game until very recently (i don't care about 2B but just can admit the marketing is quite amazing on this one), but don't worry i love SC6 too !

Last edited:
It doesn't just make good business sense deciding to include 2b as dlc along with a fast reveal after launch. Actually getting her out there fast makes good business sense too to actually reap the rewards of those who've decided to buy the game for her. I wouldn't be surprised if we get her pretty soon.

The fastest 2B will be released, the fastest we will get other DLC characters and CAS parts and next season pass ? :D
Not a good news ?
It could be an act of desperation, if they are crunching for DLC then bamco is pushing them to put it out as fast as possible so they don't have to pay them to do the work as long, it could be a sign that sales aren't high and they are trying to get the DLC out asap to recoup costs, it could also mean less quality assurance is put into the DLC meaning it could come with bugs or be unbalanced or just lower quality overall. If we do get her in the next two weeks and the other DLCs rather quickly I will be happy we don't have to wait a year but that doesn't mean it's a "good" thing.

SFV still has big name VAs like Kyle Hebert and Laura Bailey come back to voice literally a line or two for new DLC character stories.
SF is Capcom's flagship title, while SC is a bastard child Bamco wanted to kill off. Your comparison doesn't make much sense.
We won't see actual budget before season 2, or, which is more probable, SCVII (if SCVI and S1 are a success of course).

Last edited:
Are you seriously comparing SC to SF? Like, is this a real thing someone would do?
Yeah, I'm comparing two lower-budget sequels that seemingly underperformed and are relying on DLC to recoup costs. You also are ignoring that SC has always at least tried to look like they care about story, while SFV was SF's first go at it.

Ofc they aren't 1:1 in terms of budget, but forbidding comparisons because you like one game better won't help your case.

Yeah, I'm comparing two lower-budget sequels that seemingly underperformed and are relying on DLC to recoup costs. You also are ignoring that SC has always at least tried to look like they care about story, while SFV was SF's first go at it.

Ofc they aren't 1:1 in terms of budget, but forbidding comparisons because you like one game better won't help your case.
You're comparing the biggest fighting game franchise in the world to a game that almost never happened because it is a well known fact the head of the fighting game division at Namco has it out fo it.

You're comparing one of Capcom's key titles to one between many fighting games in Namco's belt.

You're comparing a sequel that lacked time not budget to a sequel that lacked both.

It is not a bad analogy, it is a terrible one.

PS: To everyone who is bitching about early DLC after flailing around asking to know what was in the season pass: Get better.

Back