Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Nightmare's CE hits me from the side, that's the problem I have with. You can't punish it upon seeing it charge up (because it's uninterruptible, even if you hit before the auto-impact), can't guard because it can be made unblockable, can't guard impact or reversal edge, and can't sidestep because it has a big hitbox.

Nobody else's is like that, a couple like Talim's and Yoshi's might catch you off guard if you forget how they work in the moment but Nightmare's (and Zas' to a lesser extent) are just way more awkward to fight back against than anyone else's.

Last edited:
Nightmare's CE hits me from the side, that's the problem I have with. You can't punish it upon seeing it charge up (because it's uninterruptible, even if you hit before the auto-impact), can't guard because it can be made unblockable, can't guard impact or reversal edge, and can't sidestep because it has a big hitbox.

Nobody else's is like that, a couple like Talim's and Yoshi's might catch you off guard if you forget how they work in the moment but Nightmare's (and Zas' to a lesser extent) are just way more awkward to fight back against than anyone else's.
Nightmans CE can be interrupted by lows

I can totally assure you you can sidestep it UNLESS you sidestep once and the guy immediately releases, but usually most people will charge (and you could guard a non charged CE anyways).

If a Nightmare player has enough time to hit you with the unblockable, you should have had enough time to sidestep out of its reach. Happens to me consistently if I am not careful. Also as PSY says, low attacks will interrupt the charge.

As for Zasalamel, no idea due lack of enough experience, but even if it hits you on the side I believe that a) You can always block it and b) It has a really, REALLY short range.

I doubt most "ragequitters" actually "rage" as they quit. Ragequitter is a derogatory term implying the person has no control over her/his emotions and can't cope with defeat, therefor quitting. It's a flawed, short-sighted conclusion.

Fighters (especially SC...) always bring bad player etiquette in various forms and quitting a game is actually a statement against such play. There's never any point in playing if you're not having fun, and if the opponent repetitively behaves like a dick I'd say that a statement is justified. Then again, people will always interpret these things in their own favor.
If the opponent repetitively behaves like a dick, beat them.
People behave like dicks online and off. Offline are u just gonna snatch your controller out the system and leave? Lol
The besr statement against it is an ass whoopin "u didnt mentally affect me like u wanted to."

Prolly been discussed already but anyone else think ranking up is a little too easy? Seems like if you play long enough youll rank just fine

Yeah ranking up is more of a time sink than anything to do with actual skill, i'm E3 and I'm about as good as the cpu on medium.

Personally, I think it takes too long to gain rank. Mostly because its now tied to the individual style. Between working 40hrs a week, I've only gotten to F5 with two characters, and one is at G1. (Hopefully getting to F5 tonight with it, but I'm taking a break to play with a friend)

Edit: Also, can I say fuck the GI on Ivy's CE? OP af.

If the opponent repetitively behaves like a dick, beat them.
People behave like dicks online and off. Offline are u just gonna snatch your controller out the system and leave? Lol
The besr statement against it is an ass whoopin "u didnt mentally affect me like u wanted to."
One cannot choose to win. The dick in question might actually be capable, albeit with dick play and dick behavior. And yeah, I'd totally understand why someone would just quit if there is no mutual respect or one is just having a shitty experience. Save that time for better things, I'd say. Personally I couldn't be bothered, but I can totally understand a "quit" if the case is severe enough. Some people are just obvious assholes, they deserve no better so why not rob them of their satisfaction, rob them of the game. It IS a message in itself, but as I said, dicks will probably only choose to interpret these things as "ragequits" because it favors their ego.

I get mad at Ring outs more than anything and if i get hit with like 3+ ringouts in a bo3 in ranked you can bet your ass imma rage quit and go play something that actually takes skill like Tekken for a bit. That being said by rage quit I either put the controller down and go get something to eat/drink or i'll just ring myself out. I think actually disconnecting from the game so your opponent doesn't get the points they clearly deserve is too much.

Between RE's, CE's and SC's, there is way too much cinematic crap going on. It's like 1/4 of the fight is spent waiting for the animations to finish.

I feel like this is a design oversight. It's too flashy, too many things going on in the screen, too many disruptions.

I have this problem with RE. It seems like if I'm already doing a move, say AA for example, and the opponent engages RE, it's like it will automatically do RE-A regardless of what I press after RE hits. The AI abuses this and already has the proper move that trumps my RE-A in the works.

I like this game though. I like how everyone is basically top tier ( I know that doesn't make sense but you get my point). I like how everyone has more options and ways to deal with bad match-ups than before. I like old vets returning in the cast.

TBH though I would prefer a future SC game to have LESS mechanics, less cinematics, and bring back brave edges. I also prefer JG over RE, it's a reward for a hard read instead of a panic button with a mixup. Sometimes less is more.

Between RE's, CE's and SC's, there is way too much cinematic crap going on. It's like 1/4 of the fight is spent waiting for the animations to finish.

I feel like this is a design oversight. It's too flashy, too many things going on in the screen, too many disruptions.

I have this problem with RE. It seems like if I'm already doing a move, say AA for example, and the opponent engages RE, it's like it will automatically do RE-A regardless of what I press after RE hits. The AI abuses this and already has the proper move that trumps my RE-A in the works.

I like this game though. I like how everyone is basically top tier ( I know that doesn't make sense but you get my point). I like how everyone has more options and ways to deal with bad match-ups than before. I like old vets returning in the cast.

TBH though I would prefer a future SC game to have LESS mechanics, less cinematics, and bring back brave edges. I also prefer JG over RE, it's a reward for a hard read instead of a panic button with a mixup. Sometimes less is more.

While REs and CEs are nice and all, they do take a little time to finish and my brother complains about the CEs taking a lot of time just to finish. They're not bad, but you're right. Too much cinematic stuff going on every 5 seconds or so. SCs ain't that bad to me.

I just noticed something artwise: The right side of Siegfried's design has traces of Nightmare, indicating he's not rid of his corruption completely even after getting freed the first time: His armor still has dark blue spots here and there, his right arm has a blue-ish/dark corrupted look too.

Man, for all the shit one might want to throw at Project Soul they certainly took time to implement even the pettiest details.

Back