Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

git gud :kappa:

Can we talk, by the way, about how when you Ring Out someone your character smiles? I just noticed this on Groh in practice. That satisfied face.
There was a knightmare player that moved from middle to the edge. Behind the screen I bet he was smiling thinking I'll be stupid to go near him so he can do is famous flip over move to ring me out. I hate that over powered cheap stale crap character and his clone.

There was a knightmare player that moved from middle to the edge. Behind the screen I bet he was smiling thinking I'll be stupid to go near him so he can do is famous flip over move to ring me out. I hate that over powered cheap stale crap character and his clone.
They’re not that bad dude. Just learn the matchup for both him and Sieg. Join their retrospective discord’s for check the SA’s for information on how to deal with them.

Or better yet....just take them to practice and set them against your own character of choice. Set the bot to do a specific move of theirs and look for ways to overcome said move among their moveset.

Last edited:
They’re not that bad dude. Just learn the matchup for both him and Sieg. Join their retrospective discord’s for check the SA’s for information on how to deal with them.

Or better yet....just take them to practice and set them against your own character of choice. Set the bot to do a specific move of theirs and look for ways to overcome said move among their moveset.
I fought them so much I know what expect I do win and also lose its 50/50. I'm just tired of fighting the same characters over and over again it just kills tge online. Also makes no sense for someone with armor and a big ass sword to move so fast.

I'll have to agree with Synalon.
Acceptable alternatives:

Nerf the damage.

Remove the animation on hit and she pulls them down next to her like Ivy Lick. That way she cant reset the mix-up from distance.

Change the animation to copy 66B+K. That way it doesnt look similar to 2B+K visually so an opponent can see it better and react.

If you special low it, its useless.

Nerfing the damage and the animation changes I’m cool with but somethings gotta be done.

Its a good mix up but it’s way too strong at the moment.
It can be easily reset, does massive damage and can ring out from mid stage.
And if all else fails 66AA.

It’s a disservice to actual good ivy players because now lazy ones are climbing ranked really fast.

I’m sure some of you really good players have noticed while playing in your own bracket and have been curious to know “How the fuck they got there?”

I just noticed that Masaaki Hoshino was mentioned in the ending crédit as a « technical director » in the project soul team , guess that he didn’t leave the studio !

Nerfing the damage and the animation changes I’m cool with but somethings gotta be done.

Its a good mix up but it’s way too strong at the moment.
It can be easily reset, does massive damage and can ring out from mid stage.
And if all else fails 66AA.

It’s a disservice to actual good ivy players because now lazy ones are climbing ranked really fast.

I’m sure some of you really good players have noticed while playing in your own bracket and have been curious to know “How the fuck they got there?”

To be fair, i just combed through a few of the top videos and watched an Ivy player literally spam that by just repeatedly walking up to the range and catching someone like 5 or 6 times in a row. I mean yeah, i get that it is strong and maybe needs something done but... still you'd think that after maybe the third time i dont know... block low maybe? No?

To be fair, i just combed through a few of the top videos and watched an Ivy player literally spam that by just repeatedly walking up to the range and catching someone like 5 or 6 times in a row. I mean yeah, i get that it is strong and maybe needs something done but... still you'd think that after maybe the third time i dont know... block low maybe? No?

That would make sense but I look at it this way Characters that have such an advantage it feels like you’re fighting two people (it’s the case with everyone in the grand scheme of things but bare with me)

Capability and Competence.

Her range is really dangerous most people’s game plan that aren’t familiar with her meta is to not get caught by a leathal hit, counter, ring out.

The floor grab almost seems like an annoyance until someone knows what they’re doing and integrates it into a set up to keep distance like... I donno
66BB 66AA 6AAA 2B+K mix up

If a competent Ivy player isn’t afraid of close range combat the match up becomes extremely difficult even more so for players that aren’t used to her she’s is a unique opponent that’s for sure, I’ve seen C and D ranks get eaten alive by competent E and F ranks.

She’s really not a walk in the park.

That would make sense but I look at it this way Characters that have such an advantage it feels like you’re fighting two people (it’s the case with everyone in the grand scheme of things but bare with me)

Capability and Competence.

Her range is really dangerous most people’s game plan that aren’t familiar with her meta is to not get caught by a leathal hit, counter, ring out.

The floor grab almost seems like an annoyance until someone knows what they’re doing and integrates it into a set up to keep distance like... I donno
66BB 66AA 6AAA 2B+K mix up

If a competent Ivy player isn’t afraid of close range combat the match up becomes extremely difficult even more so for players that aren’t used to her she’s is a unique opponent that’s for sure, I’ve seen C and D ranks get eaten alive by competent E and F ranks.

She’s really not a walk in the park.

I dont understand how Ivy can be a threat at close range though. I'll admit i'm still a bit of a scrub myself and have a ways to go but from what i can tell her general plan needs to rely on pushing them back out. I suppose that depends on the character she's fighting and how well they do in close range.

If this were SC4 Ivy with all of her Sword Stance shenanigans then that would be different. Seems like she doesnt have any of that good close range stuff anymore. That was the last time i played Ivy.

I fought them so much I know what expect I do win and also lose its 50/50. I'm just tired of fighting the same characters over and over again it just kills tge online. Also makes no sense for someone with armor and a big ass sword to move so fast.
Dude, they're not even close to the worst BS you will face in this game. They're both slow and punishable on a lot of moves, learn the frames, learn your punishes. Their stances are interruptable most of the time. As a NM/Sieg player, you have to play the keep away game, you have to be defensive and fish for whiffs. Rushdown kills these characters.

Ivy is much, much worse with her long range grab and 66a. If you wanna complain about someone, complain about her.

I can’t help but to find nightmare, sieg, ivy and seong mina cheap (as in way too easy too use) and i’m tired of fighting them in ranked. Also, the reach is fucking insane and I still find seong hard to predict.

I can’t help but to find nightmare, sieg, ivy and seong mina cheap (as in way too easy too use) and i’m tired of fighting them in ranked. Also, the reach is fucking insane and I still find seong hard to predict.

you have to know how to punish on long range against Mina for example: 6A is punishable on block and 1B is also punishable, but i have noticed that people do not punish at all, i do remember i came across a NM that knew hat 6A on Mina is punishable that was a really hard fight i dont remember if i lost or won tho.

So I've got something here a little different than usual, the modding community have been doing some excellent nostalgic edits to the game.

_scvi__souledge_by_natsu_ken-dcqr744.png5bd8db5fc3fc9.jpg5bd8db6698132.jpg5bd8db666074e.jpg5bd8db6645e26.jpg5bdcd5572507b.jpg5bdcd555b7049.jpg

And a mod for Siegfried using Crispin Freeman's voice from SC3.

What is punish? A simple AA? Cause I main Tira and some chara are faster then AA. Also, how do i block a throw when it’s already grabbed and you fall back. Cause i’m tired of getting beat in ranked by players that i can easily be winning from . I have so much to learn when it comes to blocking in time and punishing.

Back