Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Cass and Amy make sense as the last two since they both appear in the chronicles, Amy more so than Cass but I mean, C'mon, it's Cassandra. I imagine Hwang may have been planned to be on the season pass but got cut due to the outcry for 2B. Given her position on the roster I'm convinced she was a last minute decision. I hope we see some more OG's on the next season pass, but given the demand and the trend of PS trying to meet everyone's demands, Setsuka will most likely be the first to appear. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Cass and Amy make sense as the last two since they both appear in the chronicles, Amy more so than Cass but I mean, C'mon, it's Cassandra. I imagine Hwang may have been planned to be on the season pass but got cut due to the outcry for 2B. Given her position on the roster I'm convinced she was a last minute decision. I hope we see some more OG's on the next season pass, but given the demand and the trend of PS trying to meet everyone's demands, Setsuka will most likely be the first to appear. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Nah, Okubo explained somewhere (maybe Kayane did in a video she made?) that he already was in talks with Yoko Taro on January. Cassandra was a given given the design, and Amy looked the least likely I guess.

What could have been was that Lizzy, Hwang and Edgemaster were truly considered at earlier stages, but they decided to focus on something else. Whatever the case, I guess we know now!

Hwang and Lizardman especially, but maybe also Edge Master, do seem like they were going to be included, but weren't, for one reason or another, so they just got slack with those and then Cassandra and Amy were set up for DLC after Tira. But what I don't understand is why Lizardman appears as a fighter, even as Aeon himself in Libra of Soul, but Hwang and Edge Master never do, going so far as to have a newly designed fighter for practice (Drona) instead of Edge Master, who they already had a model for in SoulCalibur V, and then for Hwang, not showing him in any context, and yet both Seong Han-myeong and Arthur did make appearances in battle. The inconsistency is maddening.

I'm calling it. Cassie will share the same stage as Sophie a.k.a Shrine of Eurydice.

Anyways, since Amy's pretty much all but confirmed as DLC, thanks to the leak. I wonder if she'll get nerfed from SCIV so that she's on par with her Lost Swords variation, along with some new stuff being added here and there. By the way, I've never played Lost Swords. =\
Gee, I'll be very disappointed if that happens. Cassandra lost moves like 6AAA and 44B entirely and she's got some really weird changes. I can't remember exactly what they did with Amy. Anyway, I don't think any character has been based on their Lost Swords variant so far, so it would be weird if they did that with Cassandra or Amy.

I'm very curious to see what changes they'll do to the characters though. I assume they'll at least try to replace the few moves they do share with Sophitia and Raphael. I wonder if it will be as substantial as the changes Seong Mi-na got.

after seeing 2B in action for 5 minutes I'm a have to drop Tira =(

lol sike! but nah for real tira needs buffs bad. PSA

Just been briefly labbing 2B, her move cancels are hilarious especially her Kick cancel.

Please elaborate on "hilarious".

Can that dash of her's be cancelled into any move? Or is it all 8wayrun moves? Or just a few specific options like a stance?

after seeing 2B in action for 5 minutes I'm a have to drop Tira =(

lol sike! but nah for real tira needs buffs bad. PSA
What also sucks for Tira is that she’s quite possibly the hardest character in the game to play, especially with the RNG that comes from her....mood swings.

And being in the bottom 3 characters doesn’t help her.

Initial impressions of 2B are pretty good -- in that she seems like she's going to be pretty strong. I also think she's going to be extra annoying to deal with.

She's got so many sweeping mids, and her throw game is pretty ridiculous. Most of her throws hit for 60~80 damage, which is... kind of crazy.

Also her average damage output on most hits is pretty darn high. What I am whipping together just on a whim mostly hit for 70+ and I am sure there are better combos.

2B IS HERE TO SHIT ON YOUR WAIFU ! I just heard about the rumor that said Amy and Cass might be DLC which GREAT ! Now I need to find some money so i can get that season pass

Did a little bit of snoopery through game files.
  • There are numerous mentions of Cassandra and Amy. It's all subtle references here and there, but I think it's 100% confirmed these two are the last DLC characters in the pass.
  • SC1 music is still there sitting quietly being unused. I have no idea why Namco hasn't released this yet.
  • Edge Master is still listed as a fighting style. But I got a new theory about this. Maybe it's not a reference to Edge Master himself, but a reference to your own character in Edge Master mode. You do fight your own character once in the story mode, so this opponent might have this "Edge Master" fighting style defined for him.
  • No references to any more stages besides 2B's stage. Either Amy and Cassandra will not have their own stages, or they haven't started working on them yet. My bet is on the former. (That said, there are references to what seems like a cut stage from making the main game.)
  • I am finding references to a LOT of new CAS items. A lot of unisex items, and based on the IDs it looks like the vast majority are items imported from SC4 or 5. I'll just copy and paste the list here: https://pastebin.com/raw/QkVn3rcL

Last edited:
Nah, Okubo explained somewhere (maybe Kayane did in a video she made?) that he already was in talks with Yoko Taro on January. Cassandra was a given given the design, and Amy looked the least likely I guess.

What could have been was that Lizzy, Hwang and Edgemaster were truly considered at earlier stages, but they decided to focus on something else. Whatever the case, I guess we know now!

I feel like Edgemaster was originally supposed to be in the main game. There's quite a few moments in libra when the dialogue makes it seem like you're going to fight him and then nothing happens. The same can be said for the Money Pit, which I really hope we see included in a future update.

I am finding references to a LOT of new CAS items. A lot of unisex items, and based on the IDs it looks like the vast majority are items imported from SC4 or 5. I'll just copy and paste the list here: https://pastebin.com/raw/QkVn3rcL

im not oke with the reselling of items of the former titles cus this should already be in game, we should get brand new stuff and not recycled CAS items.

Back