Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

She looks like she has similar ranged options to Ivy... with absurd movement options. Including back, arial and sudden, full screen offensive. Those are dashes which cancel into several other things. Meaning she doesnt have to commit to a single choice.
too early to say

For now 2 things are clearly broken:
Her verticals tracking like Siegfried's
Her backstep

Even her sidestep looks weirdly fast (fastest in game for sure not for frames but for distance covered).

If people got on here and bitched about Ivy who could only zone you by pushing you out and then spamming the ranged game... but then she couldnt move around at all. She had no evasive option to get out of shit and her close range ootions are terrible. 2Bs are not.

Sorry i cannot agree on this.
Single move pushback with added safe mixup for tons of damage that was deemed clearly OP from prerelease tournament videos….

And saying Ivy has no evasive options when she has a Supertechcrouch (22K) and one of the best techstep (SE entry that even on block is a mixup)?
She also doesn't need to retreat despite she has the second best backstep in game since she has so easily abusable pushbacks.

And then the CE.
And we shouldn t forget the command throws….

Of course i am basing this off the videos i've seen. I havent played her so there may be something obvious that im missing. But this definitely looks like MvsC Phoenix shit without the HP nerf.
For now i can just say the backstep needs tuning (or should i say needs the same azwel nerf).

That is clearly abusable but aside that i didn t see much except lot of 50% EASY mixups on block that should not be in a SC game yet they filled this chapter with.

If people told you day one shw was broken you would answer that its still early to judge.
The opposite works too.

Her backstep needs to be toned down being the same or even better than old Azwel.
Actually people did told that and I believed after seeing her half health combos. Only later I realized that it requires two bars and landing a lousy launcher. I am still in no way a fan of her. Didn't even enjoyed playing her cause she does too many things for me pushing one or two buttons (makes me feel I have no control over character). At the moment it seems her dash is pretty easy to deal with but I still keep in mind I can be wrong with that and she can turn out to be broken AF. Could definitely agree on her backstep tho. Didn't looked into that but those crazy backstep are indeed a pain to deal with

giphy.gif

There's already punishment guides out. A lot of her launchers are slow. Idk about backstep. Maybe yes because she already has a counter, several tech crouches, an evasive attack throw, etc. Other than maybe a slight tuning in damage, she's fine. People will get over it or stop playing. It will all work out. We really need to drop the "doesn't fit" rhetoric. Clearly Yoko Taro and Okubo thought differently since she was planned long before everyone asked for and speculated about her.

I think back now to all the complaints and whining about CAS on ranked all over some different hit boxes that may or may not get characters out of otherwise guaranteed combos or whatever. I thought it was silly at first but after thinking more about it i understood players wanted a fair, ranked match and had a right to take that seriously if they wanted.

But comparing that now with the 2B DLC situation seems like a non-issue. Is that a "legit, fair match" for a player that hasnt purchased 2B? How can they learn the matchup? Obviously no one who purchased that character will care because it doesnt affect them.

All today I've been getting awful lag during matches and disconnections in literally 60% of my games. I thought it was because my housemate was watching a film but it persisted even after she turned off her computer (and it's been fine when she's been watching something before anyway). Is anyone else getting godawful lag on PS4? Or just me?

Wow. I have not seen a single good looking CAS online ever. Why are they all so ugly? Even the normal character edits looks horrendous.

SC players just suck at designing I guess. Call me a purest, I like the originals.

Then you haven’t looked hard enough to be honest with so little items this time round I’ve seen some of the best creations the series has allowed players to make.

The layering of items are a lot different this time around so more mixing and matching can be done a lot better that previous versions.

As for 2B I can’t help but feel she doesn’t fit.
In a way she pretty much ignores the ethos of SC in play style.

You could say the same about Star Wars but their characters weren’t so over the top

Even Geralt seems to respect the fundamentals of SC but 2B is just, meh.

Attack range
Follow ups
Agility
Decent damage

There seemed to be an unwritten rule that not one character has all components but she seems to have a lot, which kinda feels like she kicks match up issues in the face.
I’m not saying she’s broken but in terms of ability she seems a bit over the top.
I mean good for her and 2B fans but for the rest of us SC fans that aren’t interested It kinda feels like an L.
Especially since Yun/Hwang, Setsuka, Amy, Cassie, rock etc still haven’t made it yet.

All today I've been getting awful lag during matches and disconnections in literally 60% of my games. I thought it was because my housemate was watching a film but it persisted even after she turned off her computer (and it's been fine when she's been watching something before anyway). Is anyone else getting godawful lag on PS4? Or just me?

Yeah, i played some online today and yesterday and was more sluggish than usual, dunno if it has something to do with new patch or just coincidence.

You're probably playing wifi randoms.

2B feels Broken AF
I could just about agree but I usually have no problem facing off against her, even with the more experienced 2B's. It pays off to learn her moveset as you'll rather easily be able to punish most of it when you can anticipate what's coming. But I have yet to face off against a top 2B user.

An OP character would be someone you've studied and learned and after months of playing STILL have a hard time against, despite knowing the ropes with your main. It shouldn't be like that. For me, Ivy is a prime example. I have long known all her shit and she's still giving me a hard time for most matches. Regardelss of recent nerfs she still has abundantly efficient tools to cheeze-win like a mofo.

I could just about agree but I usually have no problem facing off against her, even with the more experienced 2B's. It pays off to learn her moveset as you'll rather easily be able to punish most of it when you can anticipate what's coming. But I have yet to face off against a top 2B user.

An OP character would be someone you've studied and learned and after months of playing STILL have a hard time against, despite knowing the ropes with your main. It shouldn't be like that. For me, Ivy is a prime example. I have long known all her shit and she's still giving me a hard time for most matches. Regardelss of recent nerfs she still has abundantly efficient tools to cheeze-win like a mofo.

I don’t feel 2B is broken but with all her carrying on it doesn’t make facing her enjoyable.
It feels like something you’re forced to do instead of opting into something I want to play.

There were some players that kicked my arse up and down the stage with ivy but there was an experience in wanting to learn Adapt, get better but with 2B.
Her attack strings are so long and the agility she has accompanied with them makes the most novice of players mash and get easy ringouts.
2B is way more fleshed out than the rest of the cast which already seems disproportionate.

I was an E1 with Zas and E2 with Sophitia and because the match making in terms of level is bad in this game and I don’t know the match up very well.
I’m loosing like 100 RP to mashy 2B’s in G rank (who know my character very well and the game because their a E or D with someone else).

It’s the first time this week I haven’t wanted to play the game since it’s debut.

2B is genuinely frustrating and not in a heat of battle kinda way like Ivy.
The over the top anime BS is just off putting.

Everyone is intimidated by good characters even if they have actual flaws. Again, nerf the backstep slightly and give a bit of scaling. Most 2B's don't know what they are truly doing nor do they utilize her more nuanced tools. Just go on YouTube and look at a punishment guide.

Back