Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'd be up for one more guest character depending on how many additional characters we will get with SP 2. if we get 6 more characters, and one of them is a guest, then I'd be ok with that.

but if it's 6 characters with 2 or 3 guest characters, then no. Just like with Injustice 2, I'd rather they not waste precious slots for multiple guest characters at the expense of SC characters.

If this is true, and we're getting 6 new characters, I'm going to die of excitement!! I'm okay with 1 more guest, so long as both Setsuka and Hilde are in this new batch!! 😃😃😃

If we consult our infamous by now best friend, the popularity poll, and discount the SoulCalibur V characters, this is who is left, after Cassandra and Amy:

14. Yun-seong - 295
20. Setsuka - 214
23. Hwang - 193
24. Hilde - 154
30. Lizardman - 76
31. Rock - 71
32. Li Long - 65

So I mean, if SoulCalibur IV is fair game, it would be Hilde, and if not, then it would be Li Long. The other five seem like locks.

Rock died, but then there's this guy called Stone that looks and plays suspiciously like him...
I dunno what they'll do about his grabs though, seeing as all of them belong to Asta now.
Does this mean that Rock would get a gameplay redesign? Or would they just make different throw animations for him?
I don't care about Rock, but I'm curious about his almost guarateed return because of that.

I dunno what they'll do about his grabs though, seeing as all of them belong to Asta now.
Does this mean that Rock would get a gameplay redesign? Or would they just make different throw animations for him?
I don't care about Rock, but I'm curious about his almost guarateed return because of that.

That was the only reason I ever had any doubt about him being DLC; he fits the design objectives of the devs for this entry well enough (mixed popularity or not) so he felt like an obvious choice--but those moves going to Asta really did seem to indicate the dev team started out work on this game with the presumption he would not feature. Assuming he is returning after-all, it'll be a strange thing to see some of his classic moves rolled into another character only for him to make an appearance after-all and get replacements. Why would they not just design new moves for Astaroth in that situation? The only thing I can figure is that the decision to include him after-all was a late decision in their contemplation of DLC content. Again, assuming 'STONE' is who and what we assume that reference to be.

Are any of Astaroth's grabs or attacks from previous Soul Caliburs in general missing?
Maybe they just mixed it up between them like with Nightmare and Siegfried.
At first i also thought Siegfried was gone because of all the Siegfried moves that migrated to Nightmare.

As a possible note Details or Hilde could be stone. Details is like silk hiding steel. Or stone in this case. Still probably rock

Yooo These patch notes are weird like what the hell is up with Sophitia’s 1 AA change?
I’ve got my ass punished if I use that anyway...

And Astaroth’s command grabs are break attacks now like WHAAAAAA?!
but you can’t block a grab, so is just for the sake of being obnoxiously oppressive.
So my Zasalamel’s CE is useless and Sophitia’s TAS k no longer lethal hits after a missed throw.

And Talim can cancel her CE now...
Why so she can guard crush you and throw out that high damage wind queef

What the hell is going on up in ere!!?? O_O

Can't we have Bangoo since the SC6 library says Rock went back to America? Or will he come back for his son?
So it appears Project Soul asks for some fan feedback:
Also the form appears to be broken for me for some reason. Am I the only one?

It works for me. You have to keep comments under 1000 bytes, however. I really hope everyone is planning on stressing how ready they are to buy as much DLC as Namco is willing to produce. Don't let this opportunity to improve the odds slip by. And don't waste it complaining about flapjack not being as dominating as it was, or Ivy being OP, or RE being one of the worst things to happen to the mechanics of the series. Even if at least two of those things are reasonable observations, I hope everyone will stress first and foremost how eager they are for DLC. Be a team player! ;)

So it appears Project Soul asks for some fan feedback:
Also the form appears to be broken for me for some reason. Am I the only one?
I will be suggesting the return of Team Battle, changing "any region" in matchmaking to let you play with people choosing "same region" when you're in the same region, and more DLC (as a way to keep the game alive with an extended DLC budget).

Back