Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Sigh... I wish they were less elusive with information. I want to get hyped for the 21st, but if we're not getting a release date confirmation then, what's the point (unless you're a pro-SC player)? I get that mystery garners hype, but as someone who's been waiting a literal decade to main my favorite fighting game character again, I just can't take it....

Anyone else with me on this?

(The only hope we have is the fact they haven't shot down the 26th yet. Also, the CAS pack was released within a few days of the last big SCVI event.)

A translation of the Q&A before they discussed Amy. I screenshotted some highlights as well such as, implementing more costume colors for default characters, possibly increasing meter gain for people who do not use reversal edge (idk chief), turning off armor break is being considered, and fan designs may be considered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190312-204808.png
    Screenshot_20190312-204808.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot_20190312-205237.jpg
    Screenshot_20190312-205237.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Screenshot_20190312-204918.png
    Screenshot_20190312-204918.png
    2 MB · Views: 277
  • Screenshot_20190312-205030.png
    Screenshot_20190312-205030.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 292
  • Screenshot_20190312-205333.jpg
    Screenshot_20190312-205333.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 338
A translation of the Q&A before they discussed Amy. I screenshotted some highlights as well such as, implementing more costume colors for default characters, possibly increasing meter gain for people who do not use reversal edge (idk chief), turning off armor break is being considered, and fan designs may be considered.
Glad they're at least considering an option to turn clothing destruction off. While the feature has given us fantastic alternate hairstyles (I'm particularly fond of Mina's) in combat I'd prefer to switch it off. If they simply made it visually optional (while keeping the function of 'armor break' in the gameplay) everybody wins.

Last edited:
Glad they're at least considering an option to turn clothing destruction off. While the feature has given us fantastic alternate hairstyles (I'm particularly fond of Mina's) in combat I'd prefer to have it off. If they simply made it visually optional (while keeping the function of 'armor break' in the gameplay) everybody wins.
I'd rather be able to toggle individual parts for destruction. That said, the option to toggle it off at all would be an improvement. Tired of my bugbear and goblin losing their snout and nose respectively.

I'd rather be able to toggle individual parts for destruction. That said, the option to toggle it off at all would be an improvement. Tired of my bugbear and goblin losing their snout and nose respectively.
Yeah, making characters that rely on certain parts to maintain their intended appearance is especially a pain. I've seen far too many instances of great creations transforming into bald dudes in their underwear in the middle of battle.

And yeah, the option to toggle specific parts would be even better.

Wow, what a stupendously aggravating way for them to completely dismiss the many and profound concerns among the hardcore crowd with regard to RE. I mean, let's put aside for a moment how un-keen we are to begin with to hear the devs expressly say "oh, it was too hard to expect players to know their individual character match-ups, so we gave the casuals an all-encompassing panic button to spam for insta-defense...and then decided it should essentially also buff their offensive capabilities at the same time--because if they are sad enough to need a button that blocks everything, they probably should also just be given the ability to go super saiyan anytime they want as well? I mean, why force them to learn, adapt and get better at the established fundamentals of the game?" Why is their solution to the problems that approach creates have to be "allow skilled players to have more meter options" rather than just "let RE stand on its own as a cheese-defense tactic, but not also be a free meter button"?

I feel like pretty much every time that someone raises an issue as regards the newer newb-friendly changes to the formula (not just RE, but balancing towards online play and finessing input windows accordingly) the dev response kind of ignores the substance of the complaints and comes off as "live with it". Which, I guess, fair enough--it's their game. But like some of the balancing choices, it makes me wonder why they even solicit community input if they are convinced there is nothing really needing fixing in that area and only ever address that feedback to insist they essentially got it right and won't be re-analyzing those decisions. Ugh, they should just make a class of weapons for everyone that are pillows and nerf weapons and so forth if they are so determined to coddle the casuals...

Last edited:
I do not have the exact numbers for the old game, because it lived in PSN.
-but I well see the number of streams on YouTube and twitch (it decreases rapidly)
-but I clearly see the number of tournaments in this game (it decreases rapidly)
-but I clearly see how famous players leaves this game.
in all these numbers, the new game falls much faster than the old game

Last edited:
Most fighting games decrease, that's the way it is. The sales have outpaced SCV (which sold 1.3 mil after three years; this game has sold roughly that much by my estimate now). The game will be at EVO and is a popular game there, and they'll likely announced Season 2 at the event. It's fine.

I am very sorry, but ...
but the new game (SC6) fell much faster than the old game (SC5).

You always like to say bad things about SCVI in all your posts. SCVI is getting more support. SCV support was for 3 months. SCVI is getting a Season 2 EVO 2019 announcement.

SC6 is incredible and Namco seems happy with the results, but some are seen it as not good news, super weird lol

You always like to say bad things about SCVI in all your posts. SCVI is getting more support. SCV support was for 3 months. SCVI is getting a Season 2 EVO 2019 announcement.

I was 1000% with you until the last line '

Chokers are forever.
Also, not meaning to bring outside stuff here but seriously, Amy fans are as bad as Talim fans and I hate it immensely.
"She's a cartoon"
Okay so you're not even hiding the fact that you're thirsting over children?
I wish the Soulcalibur fandom had less pervs in it.
View attachment 60145
View attachment 60144
I personally never understood what the issue is. Their ages (Amy's, Talim's) are purely artificial and considering they have basically an adult physicality we could slap even 20yo tag to those characters without any issue.

I personally never understood what the issue is. Their ages (Amy's, Talim's) are purely artificial and considering they have basically an adult physicality we could slap even 20yo tag to those characters without any issue.
But Talim and Amy don't look like 20 year olds, and they don't have adult physiques, especially when compared to the females in the game that are considered adults.

Honestly, look at Tira. If Tira is supposed to be around 17-20 years old, then Talim and Amy clearly look like young teenagers.

But Talim and Amy don't look like 20 year olds, and they don't have adult physiques, especially when compared to the females in the game that are considered adults.

Honestly, look at Tira. If Tira is supposed to be around 17-20 years old, then Talim and Amy clearly look like young teenagers.
They definitely have an adult physicality comparable to real life adults. The fact that they gave Tira 17-20 years does mean nothing - she could be as well 25 and over. That's what I mean when I'm talking about age of a fictional character being arbitrary. If we had a character like I dunno - RE2 Sherry Birkin then that would be a totally different story but as it is right now I don't think there is anything to make fuss about

They definitely have an adult physicality comparable to real life adults. The fact that they gave Tira 17-20 years does mean nothing - she could be as well 25 and over. That's what I mean when I'm talking about age of a fictional character being arbitrary. If we had a character like I dunno - RE2 Sherry Birkin then that would be a totally different story but as it is right now I don't think there is anything to make fuss about
I understand that you and some others see their physiques as "old enough", I certainly don't, they look like babies to me -- but regardless, their ages are displayed in the series and they're both supposed to be around 13-14. And in real life if a 13 year old looks closer to 17, they're still 13... so you probably don't want to lust too hard.

Even IF we accept your premise that they are teenager's. Scientifically and biologically it is considered completely natural and normal to be physically attracted to the opposite gender once they start developing sexually.

This attraction is not, and I repeat is NOT pedophilia.

Now this being said. Being attracted to people who've started demonstrating sexually appealing features and acting on them are two different things.

A person can both recognize the maturing sexual appeal of a young lady AND recognize that they are underage and off limits due to still needing time to mature and acquire the experience to fully understand consiquences and be on an even playing field.

Now there are some who are attracted to and desire to prey upon that naive vulnerability and that is wrong. You will get no argument from me there. But someone simply being attracted to a females that demonstrate child bearing ready traits is normal and natural even if in the earier stages of such.

We are not discussing prepubescent children here.

Is the obsessive attraction some have kind of creepy? Yes due to the predatory aspect I mentioned. Is just the attraction itself, however? No it is not.

Last edited:
I understand that you and some others see their physiques as "old enough", I certainly don't, they look like babies to me -- but regardless, their ages are displayed in the series and they're both supposed to be around 13-14. And in real life if a 13 year old looks closer to 17, they're still 13... so you probably don't want to lust too hard.
They may appear to you as "babies" because of facial features and because of comparison to other female characters. All characters in this game are highly stylised as well and as I said - age of a fictional character has nothing to do because they aren't real and they have no psychology of their own. It's physicality that matters here. But I don't want to push this topic too hard - I am only pointing out why some people may be physically attracted to said character.

Oh god... I was hoping this discussion would just go away. Can we please just talk about things actually related to the game, instead of having THIS pointless, tired debate? It happens all over the internet, within every fandom, and I'm really sick of it.

Last edited:
Back