Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

They're considering adding more stages, great Valentine mansion please.

Yes please and yes please though I want the SC3 version if they plan to use an old design as that stage is sick as fuck. Personally I want all the characters to have their own stages, some of them already have such as Maxi, Nightmare, Kilik, Sophitia, Astaroth and Inferno but for the rest of the cast to have their own with the upcoming DLC characters would be a whopping 17 extra stages. I doubt this would happen but a man can dream.

Yes please and yes please though I want the SC3 version if they plan to use an old design as that stage is sick as fuck. Personally I want all the characters to have their own stages, some of them already have such as Maxi, Nightmare, Kilik, Sophitia, Astaroth and Inferno but for the rest of the cast to have their own with the upcoming DLC characters would be a whopping 17 extra stages. I doubt this would happen but a man can dream.
There's a lot of great SC3 stages they could add.. like the Lost Cathedral.

I just want more stages period, and for them to be more consistent with the standard of detail, movement, interactivity and inspired design the stages of the series were previously known for. But as far as I am concerned, they needn't be legacy stages. Though I would hope that eventually we would get some of the standard recurring themes: a manor/library/gallery, a raft of some sort, a money pit variant, a ship at sea, a coliseum and/or cage match stage, a wind- or water-mill or otherwise mechanistic environment, a cavernous cathedral, a platform in the midst of some battlefield, an eastern palisade or mountain village--so on and so forth.

Last edited:

As much as I love that stage I really doubt that would make it as it's very specific to SC3. I mean it has Soul Embrace in it's background which does not happen until Siegfried puts Soul Calibur into the eye of Soul Edge at the end of Soul Calibur 2.

1. Please provide us the frame data for each character and make it available for browsing in the Training Mode.
As Project Soul, not releasing frame data is part of our policy. There reason for this is twofold. The first reason is that the act of figuring out frame data and sharing it within the community is fun and part of the game experience. If we released the data officially we would be undermining this experience many enjoy. The second reason is that officially releasing the data would put off new comers to the series by giving the vibe that the frame data must be studied closely for the game to be enjoyable which is not what we are aiming for.
Having said that, we also are aware that the fighting game scene is becoming more and more competitive each passing day and that many players would enjoy an official release of the frame data. If we were to provide the data, it should be done properly with all the necessary information and explanation. We are not sure if we will be releasing it, but we are open to the idea and are looking into it.
  1. I understand that Character Creation is an important element, however, attacks are sometimes hard to see. Can you add an option to remove custom characters from Ranked Match?
Separating the player base with this option would increase the matching time and possibly give way to being matched against an opponent of a much higher rank because the number of opponents that fit would decrease. We also consider Ranked Match as “a place to show the characters created by you/others”. Therefore, we are not planning on adding an option to remove custom characters from Ranked Match at the moment. However, we are looking into a solution to players using custom characters to gain unfair advantages.

I think Namco should not be in the business of deciding what's considered fun, and let players decide that. If you want to use frame data, fine, and if you don't want to use it, that's fine, too. But it should still be available.

Oh, and make #JadeSexyAgain. And #GetMoviesOutofComicsMarvel. I am all caught up now in this thread lol.

All they really need to do for a quick fix is make it so anyone that uses a CaS in ranked must use the recommended height for the style they chose. No more short Taki's, tall talim's, etc.

Can someone record/screengrab the Amy gameplay at the event?
Unfortunately there are not cameras/footage allowed and I don't want to risk getting thrown out lol there will however be a stream for the tournament! Not sure if anyone will use Amy since it will be less than Day 0. But I'll be playing her extensively outside of the tournament, so you can count on me for actual information.

I don't get why Amy coexisting next to Viola in the roster is a strange thing for some people while having Siegfried together with Nightmare is totally fine. Hell, most Dragon ball fighting games offer 1000 variations of Goku, all playable as separate characters and no one gives a crap. So what exactly is the issue with having Amy and Viola in VI?

I don't get why Amy coexisting next to Viola in the roster is a strange thing for some people while having Siegfried together with Nightmare is totally fine. Hell, most Dragon ball fighting games offer 1000 variations of Goku, all playable as separate characters and no one gives a crap. So what exactly is the issue with having Amy and Viola in VI?
Well, its simple, really: Siegfried was Nightmare for a relatively short ammount of time, and was still a character at a close point in the timeline, not to mention he also co-existed with other different versions of Nightmare. Amy and Viola are from very different parts of the timeline and they never co-existed, which means Viola would be out of place, since Namco shows to be worried about the story aspect of all characters aside from 2B.

Well, its simple, really: Siegfried was Nightmare for a relatively short ammount of time, and was still a character at a close point in the timeline, not to mention he also co-existed with other different versions of Nightmare. Amy and Viola are from very different parts of the timeline and they never co-existed, which means Viola would be out of place, since Namco shows to be worried about the story aspect of all characters aside from 2B.

During the timeline of SCVI Nightmare and Siegfried did not co-exist, yet we still have them available as 2 separate playable characters. So once again, why not giving Amy and Viola the same treatment? At the end of the day I just want Viola's fighting style to make a return as it would be a shame to leave it simply wasted. For all I care, it could even be an entirely new character taking the place of Viola.

"The first reason is that the act of figuring out frame data and sharing it within the community is fun and part of the game experience. If we released the data officially we would be undermining this experience many enjoy. The second reason is that officially releasing the data would put off new comers to the series by giving the vibe that the frame data must be studied closely for the game to be enjoyable which is not what we are aiming for."

I think Namco should not be in the business of deciding what's considered fun, and let players decide that. If you want to use frame data, fine, and if you don't want to use it, that's fine, too. But it should still be available.

I think they must, must, must be aware that this reasoning is complete and utter, plain and obnoxious, high-grade, rarefied, are-you-kidding-me bullshit. In well over two decades of playing these games, I have never heard someone say:

"I can't wait until the game drops so I can spend un-ending hours tediously setting up and repeating moves over and over again in training mode and calculating the difference between various established figures, with the few other players I know that are that dedicated to helping out their fellow player, just to measure and compare frame data so we can have a quasi-reliable understanding of how a portion of the moves of a handful of characters work. And then spending the next several years filling in the holes and aggregating the data with other players and formatting them into spreadsheets and webpages that we design ourselves in our free time. All to, at the end of the day, arrive at an imperfect understanding of something that should have been handed to us day one. I am so, so much more interested in forfeiting hours of my life to do that rather than actually playing and enjoying the game!!"​

And the last bit about "If we were to provide the data, it should be done properly with all the necessary information and explanation." is the real slap in the face. Yeah, it f---ing should, which is exactly why you are the ones best positioned to provide accurate and full representation of the relevant information, sitting as you are on the mountain of raw data for moves you designed yourself (and are ideally positioned to organize) and in possession of a game developer's/massive corporation's resources. I mean, if your consumers are capable of doing it, you are capable of doing in in a tiny fraction of the time and with a more reliable and polished product. You know, like your major competitors do today? And I promise you, not a one of us will complain about you taking away the "privilege/fun" of creating those data sheets ourselves...

And as to the casuals who you think might feel like they have to use the data? (which btw, yay--more "the game can't be too complex or intimidating" arguments; we can't get enough of those right now!!) Well that's also nonsense: few players will even know that such data exists until they've hit a level of engagement/development of their skills where they are looking to study and exploit it... And anyway, you just got done saying we all enjoy creating this content anyway...so it's going to be out there (supposedly) cowering new players anyway?

Seriously, I'm not in a habit of being this hostile to the people who make the media that I enjoy, but Namco needs to stop it with trying to forward this obviously dumb, disingenuous, horseshit explanation for why they won't provide the frame data. If they aren't willing to take the time because they don't think it's a worthwhile use of their resources they should just say that. It wouldn't get them much cred with the competitive scene, but at least it would be a more honest and reasonable explanation than them trying to insist they don't need to supply it because we, the consumers, want to do their work (indeed, very technical, complex, and time-consuming work) for them.

Don’t forget Azwel’s study. Perhaps the best stage. Also Dumas Mansion seems more likely than Ivy’s this time if we get one.
I feel fairly confident at this stage in saying that we'll get one mansion/library stage at most--and even that is looking like a long shot at this point.

Last edited:
During the timeline of SCVI Nightmare and Siegfried did not co-exist, yet we still have them available as 2 separate playable characters. So once again, why not giving Amy and Viola the same treatment? At the end of the day I just want Viola's fighting style to make a return as it would be a shame to leave it simply wasted. For all I care, it could even be an entirely new character taking the place of Viola.
Because, and I don't blame you for not knowing, because the game didn't really explain it, though there were hints, Nightmare in SoulCalibur V was using Raphael's body. So there's no duplication there, except for Raphael, but the story would have had Raphael get his body back and search for Amy once he regained consciousness of self, had the story been completed. So it would be a Siegfried/Nightmare from SoulCalibur I-II situation for Raphael.

Edit: Typo fix.

Last edited:
Because, and I don't blame you for not knowing, because the game didn't really explain it, though there were hints, Nightmare in SoulCalibur VI was using Raphael's body. So there's no duplication there, except for Raphael, but the story would have had Raphael get his body back and search for Amy once he regained consciousness of self, had the story been completed. So it would be a Siegfried/Nightmare from SoulCalibur I-II situation for Raphael.
Sucks that they had to make Nightmare keep his greatsword. What happened to Soul Edge's ability to adapt to it's wielder? Shouldn't it be a rapier when it was controlling Raphael?

Because, and I don't blame you for not knowing, because the game didn't really explain it, though there were hints, Nightmare in SoulCalibur VI was using Raphael's body. So there's no duplication there, except for Raphael, but the story would have had Raphael get his body back and search for Amy once he regained consciousness of self, had the story been completed. So it would be a Siegfried/Nightmare from SoulCalibur I-II situation for Raphael.
You mean Soulcalibur V, right?

granted, the trailer would give you also a vague idea of what is going on but at the end of the day it would still be 2 characters being available to play that would lore-wise not be able to co-exist as 2 separate characters. All I'm saying is, so many other fighting games provide you with different timeline/lore variations of the original character, hell they've even casually thrown in Tira just to make fans shut up for a second. I'm genuinely asking would you be like 100% against the idea of Amy and Viola being available as 2 separate characters?

Back