Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Yeah Amy is so strange, 'cause controls-wise I feel like I know what I'm doing, but the Easy AI still sometimes kicks my ass. I feel like they might have changed the AI. It seems like they're reading inputs harder and countering in more bullsh*t ways than they used to. It feels like SCIV/V levels of bull now whereas it wasn't that bad until the Amy patch. Maybe I'm losing my mind? lol

Amy's stances are far too easily interupted though. 9 times out of 10 the computer just busts out a quick poke to knock her out of it before she enters properly - more possible evidence of the hard reads, but I'm sure pro players would be able to do the same. Makes the stances feel too risky and not worth the trouble. And as for trying to land roses in the middle of a fight... ugh, it's hell. I can actually max out a rose meter most fights now but not without almost getting myself killed in the process.

But she's my main, I gotta fight through it and somehow adapt to this stuff.

Yeah Amy is so strange, 'cause controls-wise I feel like I know what I'm doing, but the Easy AI still sometimes kicks my ass. I feel like they might have changed the AI. It seems like they're reading inputs harder and countering in more bullsh*t ways than they used to. It feels like SCIV/V levels of bull now whereas it wasn't that bad until the Amy patch. Maybe I'm losing my mind? lol

Amy's stances are far too easily interupted though. 9 times out of 10 the computer just busts out a quick poke to knock her out of it before she enters properly - more possible evidence of the hard reads, but I'm sure pro players would be able to do the same. Makes the stances feel too risky and not worth the trouble. And as for trying to land roses in the middle of a fight... ugh, it's hell. I can actually max out a rose meter most fights now but not without almost getting myself killed in the process.

But she's my main, I gotta fight through it and somehow adapt to this stuff.
I think she may be also a bit bugged. Sometimes I feel like I need to land more roses like some of them didn't get registered for whatever reasons. May be wrong about it of course. Also sometimes she feels a bit unresponsive like I'm doing 235BB but she does only 236B.
Or simply my mechanics turned worse through years

Share that face edit of Cassandra please.
Cass-edit (0-00-00-00).png

I think she may be also a bit bugged. Sometimes I feel like I need to land more roses like some of them didn't get registered for whatever reasons. May be wrong about it of course. Also sometimes she feels a bit unresponsive like I'm doing 235BB but she does only 236B.
Or simply my mechanics turned worse through years
I think you might be right because I've definitely felt a lack of response sometimes (maybe that's part of my trouble with her stances?). I've also noticed the rose thing. We definitely heard it's 4 for each right? I'm sure I've had to hit 5 or 6 before attaining them sometimes, but it can be hard to even tell what's counted as a hit sometimes, and with only a brief flash when you max a meter, it's hard in general to know how many you've accumulated and when you've actually gotten a meter. When they said 'aura' I assumed she'd have a permanent soft glow around her body of the approrpiate colour, or rose petals billowing around her or something, though that'd probably annoy some players. Then again Sieg has Dark Legacy which isn't very subtle so they COULD do that.

Hopefully if there are bugs they'll get onto them eventually. I hate a bad feeling it's mostly just me not being able to play right though. I do recall similar problems in SCIV where I knew how to do her moves, but her range and general strategy was difficult to work with against good AI.
--

Nice Cassandra joke btw, though I can't help feeling like if they don't update her model much, we could still get a face like that and it all becomes too real xD

I think you might be right because I've definitely felt a lack of response sometimes (maybe that's part of my trouble with her stances?). I've also noticed the rose thing. We definitely heard it's 4 for each right? I'm sure I've had to hit 5 or 6 before attaining them sometimes, but it can be hard to even tell what's counted as a hit sometimes, and with only a brief flash when you max a meter, it's hard in general to know how many you've accumulated and when you've actually gotten a meter. When they said 'aura' I assumed she'd have a permanent soft glow around her body of the approrpiate colour, or rose petals billowing around her or something, though that'd probably annoy some players. Then again Sieg has Dark Legacy which isn't very subtle so they COULD do that.

Hopefully if there are bugs they'll get onto them eventually. I hate a bad feeling it's mostly just me not being able to play right though. I do recall similar problems in SCIV where I knew how to do her moves, but her range and general strategy was difficult to work with against good AI.
--

Nice Cassandra joke btw, though I can't help feeling like if they don't update her model much, we could still get a face like that and it all becomes too real xD

Yeah, I can add on to this. I've counted having landed 6 roses at one point and I'm wondering if when you sometimes lose a round it ends up subtracting from the amount you've gotten. It's even more annoying with white roses.

I actually like how they have the little effect on when a rose is enhanced by white or red rose.

Btw, on a side note I'm wondering if I'm going crazy but didn't Talim's SC 66B have a break attack on the first hit as well as the second? Can someone tell me if I'm imagining it or not, or they ended up up removing it earlier or something.

Are you using created characters of her, by chance? It seems certain options that would normally hit them with a rose like her 236 A+B simply won't hit when you use a CaS or against CaS, in most cases anyways, seemingly due to her being smaller than minimum height. Also seems that and some options that would hit with white roses need to either be held or changed up against some of the main cast. It may be worthwhile for them to get looked at for consistency's sake, given how difficult it can sometimes be to build them up in the first place, especially the white roses.

Btw, on a side note I'm wondering if I'm going crazy but didn't Talim's SC 66B have a break attack on the first hit as well as the second? Can someone tell me if I'm imagining it or not, or they ended up up removing it earlier or something.
You’re going crazy, in the past the first hit of her SC 66B,B was no different than the regular version.

I feel... shattered. I shouldn't have clicked on that Tweet because I barely see anyone talk about Soul Calibur 6.
Do you realise that the only way we can fix that is by talking about it more? Lol I’m on twitter a lot and I must say I barely see anyone that frequents this thread talking about SC

Okay this one seems to be the real deal still not looking great for SC6
I hope now people will stop with the "Namco hates SoulCalibur" idea. A close cousin to the "Harada is secretly trying to destroy SoulCalibur because it's not his series" conspiracy theory.

How's this for a crazy idea? Once fans show Namco that they're serious about the game, maybe they'll treat the series better. It's at least worth a try, isn't it?

While I think SoulCalibur VI has a small chance of making back in 2020 I wish it would solely to have another 3D fighter.

Back