Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Pink = Cherry Blossom (Setsuka)
Gray = Metal (Hilde)

THANK YOU! And people saying Lizardman... lol
Guys, characters in the SP are popular characters. Indeed, Cassandra was 12 or 13 back in this poll (yes, old etc etc but still a reference, final point.). Amy and Cassie are back. Now it will be of course the next ones, Setsuka, Hilde and I hooope Yun-Seong, he made better than Hwang ans honestly in SC1 and SC2 he was a silly copy of Xianghua, whereas YunS have a unique playstyle. So the SP2 will be YUN SEONG, GUEST, SETSUKA, HILDE. Thank u next

Kind of wish we got Cassandra’s SCIV 2P but I’m glad we didn’t get two sets of pantyhose. Can someone who has her check to see the placement of her items? Specifically, are her tights an individual item and is her dress in undergarments or middle layer upper body?

How does setsuka fit into all this? Mitsurugi hasn’t killed her master yet? I know she is super likely but generally the DLC characters have had storyline cameos or hints
We don’t have a concrete timeline on Setsuka. We know Mitsurugi kills her master and she swears revenge but not exactly when. Mitsurugi’s timeline doesn’t go to 1590, so Setsuka’s timeline can start after his ends and still feature her master being slain, only learning it’s Mitsurugi at the end. It could have very well happened before SoulCalibur II, because II and III and IV all take place in the same year.

people wanting Lizardman in this game why ?
Because Aeon has a great amount of untapped potential, and this game rolling back the timeline to let him have his spotlight is a great chance to give him his fair shot. It’s beyond obvious that Hwang and Aeon were meant to be in the main game, but didn’t make the time/budget cut.

————————————————————

So it should go without saying that I believe it’s beyond obvious that the season two characters will be Hwang, Setsuka, and Aeon. Assuming no surprises, of course. Rock may have a cameo in Aeon’s story, teasing a season three for himself, Li Long, and Yun-seong (who may also be featured in Hwang’s story). There would likely be another guest in season three as well.

Also I’m very happy to see that Cassandra just literally has Sophitia’s sword and shield, to keep with the lore. She doesn’t get Digamma Sword & Nemea Shield until after SoulCalibur II. Keeping the lore intact will always make me a happy clam.

Still, the implication that all is not as it seems, that Cassandra is able to send her memories back in time while being in the Astral Chaos, raises some questions. Did she actually send the message to Zasalamel? Is she actually going to bring about any change, or does she just suffer for 17 years not accomplishing any of her goals? Is Unbreakable Soul canon? (I never played it, silly to make it canon if you ask me, that would be like making Lost Swords canon.) I’m looking forward to seeing what she brings to the table.

The SamSho guest seems super wasteful, on the surface just a Mitsurugi clone, in more ways than one. I haven’t played SamSho, so I don’t know for sure, and I’m willing to give him a shot, but I’m just not sure what the attraction is or would be. But it is what it is. Hope for a better guest in season three. Also hope that the customization packs are along the lines of pack A/B, a pack with all four characters, that would be grand. Also new stages of course, and those new gameplay tweaks seem very nice!

Last, hoping that Cassandra comes with the SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V soundtracks, including Dance of the Oracle!!

So it looks like Cassanda has some kind of a temporarily electric charge mechanics where she can charge her weapons doing certain moves in order to spend that charge to power up certain other moves similar to Nightmare's Terror Charge. Interesting.

I was watching some replays earlier of Japanese players using Cassandra and I noticed that she has Patroklos A+B and B+K animations during her Soul Charge strings and I believe she also has Pyrrha Ω 236A and back throw animations, and Pyrrha WR A+B. The knockback from her RE K on hit is ridiculous, it's like Astaroth RE B. They changed her standing guard pose so that it matches her idle pose. Her moveset looks more interesting than I expected, it's not as basic as Sophitia. But whether I will actually like playing as her, I don't know. I find Azwel's moveset interesting, but his playstyle doesn't work for me and Voldo is interesting (I played him in SCV), but there are too many things I dislike about his moveset in this game. So I will try her out and see if I like playing her. I wouldn't mind having an extra secondary.

It's great that SCVI will continue to be supported, but they need to fix the online issues as soon as possible. I find this even more important than adding extra characters and stages because when I inevitably get frustrated by the bullshit that happens online and stop playing for a while, those extra characters and stages would just sit there unused until I get back to the game again. I would play offline at events if I could, but I can't travel.

Last edited:
Where the fuck is she!!! What does tomorrow mean?!!!

damn.gif

I can't wait to see what the entries look like when they are datamined with the update. We could possibly see names this time around like with Amy and Cassandra lol. Hwang, Haohmaru, Setsuka, and Aeon are my guess but if and I say IF we do get a Season 3, it could be the remaining datamined entries along with possibly new ones. Hopefully for Season 3, they would have had enough of guest characters and instead add a new character as a marketing tool instead just like with Tekken 7. Rather than opening up the new season reveal with a guest character, they do so with a new character instead. Having too many guests honestly ruin the roster but having new characters can actually freshen things up and they can also return in future installments without the licensing issues that guests bring with them.

Back