Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Interesting that she got Fire Blade since Sophitia took Katzbalger. Also glad she got Icicle, it fits her more shield oriented style.

I just finished her Soul Chronicle. Color me INTRIGUED...
The Unbreakable Soul tie-in was not expected at ALL. I’m very interested to see where PS takes her story in later entries. They took an already wonderful character and just made her the single most powerful retconning force in the whole reboot.

The update is live for Steam now, it's downloading for me, it's big though, 6.5GB. Should be done in a few seconds for me thanks to having Verizon Fios gigabit service.

It’s still lame that they’re so obviously Cassandra, though. It’s the same as all the other main cast parts, for the most part. I’m really hoping season two restores customization to its former glory.

It’s her mask. Why it’s hers will come out in her story.
thanks.

Per the request of @werewolfgold , here's the images from the individual characters' Soul Chronicle opening! https://mega.nz/#!fnIyCSra!u74RoJyqs7qbfzGRyDEyRqb5nhPzVazE0MtGYiC1EUM

The characters and the backgrounds are separate images, so you'll have to combine them yourself. I figured I'd leave them that way so you could re-position them as you like.
Now that we have a PC patch, any chance you could rip Cassandra's Soul Chronicle textures when you have a second?

• Has she finally been blessed by Hephaestus as well?

Well if you remember, she didn't have the highest view of Hephaestus because of all the trouble he'd burdened Sophitia with. For some reason though she was developing her own power to cleanse evil. (I personally think from mechanics like soul charge it's probably true that the characters in this game have always been using their souls as a weapon and a shield against Soul Edge and the malphested, which sees some support in the fact that with his strong will Algol was actually able to subjugate the sword) Rapheal acknowleges this ability but remarks at that time that she isn't as powerful as "the holy stone". And it's noted somewhere in IV that she does some purifying and a light seems to come from her soul. My guess is this power is some reflection of her rejection of powers like Soul Calibur or the blessed weapons of Hephaestus as though to say her will itself is a weapon and humans don't need these kind of powers to solve their problems, which bring their own trouble with them. She even breaks Soul Calibur in her SCIV ending saying something like "You're the embodiment of good in the world? After all the trouble you've caused for Sophitia, get real!". If I had to guess, being stuck in Astral Chaos, a realm that runs on souls and is home to monsters probably threw the development of her powers into overdrive as a means of survival.

@FluffyQuack Soon as you finish Cassandra's Soul Chronicle, I'm expecting a full datamine report! :sc2cas2:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT -- the update finished, but there's no Cassandra?! STEAM LIES NEED TO STOP

The same is happening on Xbox from what I can tell, she's there but people have no capability to use her as she isn't classed as owned by the user.
Or at least that's what Xbox seems to be experiencing.

lol, it's too bad the majority of the US is not up to these standards. Man, we really need infrastructure week for those that are not as fortunate.
Online infrastructure getting better and more people having access to it would be a blessing.
I'm fortunate enough to have a decent connection but its unfair that some people haven't got much of a choice in the matter.

Going forward I do hope things get better. They're obviously great now, but I mean it can only get better.

EDIT: To people on Xbox, if you're not able to play Cassandra or download from the Season pass, you may have to wait another day. Apparently their systems are delayed in applying the licence to accounts, don't buy her again. Also I could be wrong, but it may only apply to people who purchased the deluxe edition rather than the Season pass and game separately.

Last edited:
Back