Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Nah its my PC being sucky sadly I think for the most part. Also the UK time is a complete mess!
The only other problem I'm experiencing directly related to the game is the stages are crashing the game to desktop, one time Shrine of Eurodyce shut off my system entirely too. I'm on W7 if that means anything.
I'm planning on moving to a new system on W10 soon though, so I suppose its not too big a worry still sad.

It still says on Xbox I'm not allowed to download her, guess I'll check PSN again at least.
What are the specs of the PC? It could simply be a driver issue where you would have to do a clean install to being short on RAM depending at the resolution and graphics setting you're playing at. Windows 7 shouldn't be an issue overall as long as you are up to date with the drivers and such.

What are the specs of the PC? It could simply be a driver issue where you would have to do a clean install to being short on RAM depending at the resolution and graphics setting you're playing at. Windows 7 shouldn't be an issue overall as long as you are up to date with the drivers and such.

Not sure what the problem is on a personal level, my specs are definitely outdated but I'm able to net 60FPS with ease, its just the crashing etc that gets in the way.
In terms of graphical settings I can play on any it appears with good performance, its just the crashes really. Though because of it, I did tune all my settings down to the most bare bones I could, with no luck.

AMD Raedon R9 200 Series (4GB I believe)
Intel Quad Core i5-4690 @ 3.50Hz
8GB RAM, though I don't remember the model.

I assume my specs are awful and its too late for this PC sadly.
yrkPhgr.gif

Then again, I guess its not all doom and gloom since I'll be upgrading, but if there's any help that you could give I'd appreciate it, or at least your take on the situation!

They're still there with zero changes.

Those codenames are from December. Could they have had Haohmaru locked down that early?

Speaking of Libra of Soul, there are some new files for that mode among Cassandra's DLC files. Maybe new events?

I thought you said a few weeks ago that the codenames were removed?

Not sure what the problem is on a personal level, my specs are definitely outdated but I'm able to net 60FPS with ease, its just the crashing etc that gets in the way.
In terms of graphical settings I can play on any it appears with good performance, its just the crashes really. Though because of it, I did tune all my settings down to the most bare bones I could, with no luck.

AMD Raedon R9 200 Series (4GB I believe)
Intel Quad Core i5-4690 @ 3.50Hz
8GB RAM, though I don't remember the model.

I assume my specs are awful and its too late for this PC sadly.
yrkPhgr.gif

Then again, I guess its not all doom and gloom since I'll be upgrading, but if there's any help that you could give I'd appreciate it, or at least your take on the situation!
Those are actually pretty decent specs and actually pretty close to what I have considering the age of our PC's.

These are my specs for comparison.
i7 4790K stock clocks (4ghz)
16GB EVGA SuperSC DDR3 2400 RAM
Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP Extreme
1080p TV

So I'm thinking the nature of the crashes could be the graphics driver or does these kind of crashes also occur with other programs such as your web browsers for example?

Try reinstalling the graphics driver first, that usually is the case about 80% of the time from my time helping folks at Tomshardware forums.

1.) Download this extremely helpful and vital driver cleaning tool https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2.) Download the latest AMD driver for your graphics card

3.) Uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager of Windows

4.) Unpack both the uninstaller program and graphics driver, then reboot your PC in Safe Mode

5.) Once logged into Safe Mode, run the Display Driver Uninstaller program as that will perform a comprehensive driver cleaning as it removes all bits of previous drivers that the regular official driver install packages doesn't always remove

6.) Once done uninstalling the old driver with that program, reboot your PC normally

7.) Now you can install the latest driver you downloaded and it should be free from previous bits of previous drivers that are the main cause of the drivers acting wonky in the first place if you have never done a comprehensive driver cleaning.

It's actually highly recommended that when you install a newer version of the graphics driver, you always perform a comprehensive driver cleaning to remove the bits and pieces left of previous drivers you have installed.

You can also stress test your PC overnight with the following programs to test the individual components of your PC.

For stress testing your CPU, use this program.

To stress test your GPU, use this program to see if the GPU (I assume running stock clocks) is performing as it should.

You can check the integrity of your RAM and let this helpful program run overnight so that it thoroughly test your RAM for any errors and such.

If your RAM is good, then you can try moving or better yet, downloading and installing the game on another HDD but a SSD is better if you have a spare one you can install the game on. Also note that if you are already using an SSD for Windows and the game is installed, make sure to have at least 25% free space at all times, it helps keep the SSD operating optimally. The same applies the HDD as well, so if your main HDD is full, move the game onto another HDD or better yet, reinstall it onto that different HDD/SSD. Your PSU could also be affecting your PC if you haven't upgraded your current PSU when you put that GPU in. This is especially crucial if your PSU is the no name cheapo unit that shipped with your PC.

One last thing, heat is a killer and dust inside your PC components are a main source of failures because they both trap heat and can also conduct static electricity to short out components of a board. So if your PC hasn't been cleaned in months, I would highly recommend buying a can or two of PC compressed air to safely clean out any dust/debris that could be causing your components to overheat/malfunction.

Your PC is still actually decent to upgrade, just buy a used i7 4790k, used GTX 980 Ti and maybe a 16GB RAM kit if your current RAM is not working good or at least make sure you buy another 8GB kit with the same clocks and latency to keep it running optimal. But if you feel you still want a new PC, I can help you assemble one with gaming in mind depending on your budget and I would always recommend brand name instead of cheapo no name that fails often.

Last edited:
welp rip my hdmi cod. cant play until god knows when i can replace it.
Just buy the $5 cable at your local electronics shops, 99% of the time, they work just as well as those overpriced Monster cables and such. This is especially more true with consoles and even gaming PC's. Unless you live next door to a particle accelerator or military radar installation, then that $5 cable should be good enough, don't let marketing nonsense fool you into buying those expensive cables that have nearly no real world impact over their cheaper alternatives.

welp rip my hdmi cod. cant play until god knows when i can replace it.

Just buy the $5 cable at your local electronics shops, 99% of the time, they work just as well as those overpriced Monster cables and such. This is especially more true with consoles and even gaming PC's. Unless you live next door to a particle accelerator or military radar installation, then that $5 cable should be good enough, don't let marketing nonsense fool you into buying those expensive cables that have nearly no real world impact over their cheaper alternatives.

i say get this HDMI cable, just do what my neighbor use to say "why have money when you can just expend it all"

HDMI.PNG

but seriously a cheap off brand would do fine.

in her trailer, Cassandra had a move where she kept kicking/bouncing back her shield against her opponent. How do you do that move?

I thought it was part of her Critical Edge, but it doesn't seem to be.

For those on Xbox, Bamco are aware of the issues with redeeming Cassandra with the season pass and are working on a fix.

I feel like I'm the only one that didn't have the problem lol.

for some reason this pose isnt selectable in the pose menu for screenshots but it’s the default for choosing ur weapon?
View attachment 64421

Yeah I couldn't find it either. I kept on looking through all of her poses just to find that one but no dice :/

For those on Xbox, Bamco are aware of the issues with redeeming Cassandra with the season pass and are working on a fix.

I feel like I'm the only one that didn't have the problem lol.

Yeah I couldn't find it either. I kept on looking through all of her poses just to find that one but no dice :/
Have you tried reinstalling the season pass and/or the game? Sometimes, uninstalling the game with all data erased (make sure to back up your saves to the cloud or another storage unit first such as a USB flash drive). That's one of the first things I would try and thankfully, SCVI isn't that large of a download compared to say Destiny 2 plus all current DLC that's nearly 100GB...yikes! Try that, I have had success doing so in the past when Destiny 2 on my XBOX One decides it doesn't want to recognize my DLC I purchased.

That picture makes me wonder how Rothion can look so puny for a blacksmith. He seemed buffer in Sophitia’s SC1 ending.

Hope if we get Setsuka, she gets the long ponytail and it can get loose. The longest hairstyles look a bit too neat.

in her trailer, Cassandra had a move where she kept kicking/bouncing back her shield against her opponent. How do you do that move?

I thought it was part of her Critical Edge, but it doesn't seem to be.
It's a variant of her CE. You need to do her CE when the lightning charges on her sword and shield.

Speaking of the lightning, does anyone know for sure how it charges/under what conditions you gain a charge?

Back