Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Should the guest styles be abandoned? I see no real way to salvage Yoda and Necrid's movelist because they are so bad. (Azwel is not taking cues from Necrid btw. He summons specific weapons)
The problem is some of the guest weapons are very similar to popular characters in the roster.

Like Link is a sword and shield user but his sword is significantly longer than the greeks. Spawn is an axe user, but Lizardman has an axe and shield and aeon is dual axes.
Perhaps they could make a brawler character by giving them cestus or steel gauntlets to replace hei and devil jin. Darth Vader could be replaced with a longsword style and remove the force powers. Perhaps give this style to Arthur.
Apprentice could be given to a scimitar user. Ezio could become a hunter character maybe....

A shame to work on these movelists and abandon them!

Should the guest styles be abandoned? I see no real way to salvage Yoda and Necrid's movelist because they are so bad. (Azwel is not taking cues from Necrid btw. He summons specific weapons)
The problem is some of the guest weapons are very similar to popular characters in the roster.

Like Link is a sword and shield user but his sword is significantly longer than the greeks. Spawn is an axe user, but Lizardman has an axe and shield and aeon is dual axes.
Perhaps they could make a brawler character by giving them cestus or steel gauntlets to replace hei and devil jin. Darth Vader could be replaced with a longsword style and remove the force powers. Perhaps give this style to Arthur.
Apprentice could be given to a scimitar user. Ezio could become a hunter character maybe....

Then as Rusted Blade said, Lyse Hext would be the guest character you're looking for (the woman in my avatar). She is a Monk in FFXIV and Monks do use weapons despite being fist type fighters.

702952d840b8eb99bf01c61f7e24ec2b.jpg

Hell yes. The stages ideas are absolute perfection and it would be a great way to introduce a weapon style that would essentially match SC6 very well.
I might go for Sophia's stage because of the music and because we could get a stage reminiscent of Phantom Pavilion with that too.
However the finale stage would look very cool I think.

Estinien's armour would also look great in the game I imagine.
I feel character wise, he's also one of the better choices.

I doubt they'd do it due to the nature of FF14 being an MMO, but I'd be invested in something like that and love it. FF14 has done so many great things.
If they tackle FF14 I imagine though they'd go the route of Shadowbringers content though.
Not sure if Estinien is a part of that though.

But I'm totally down for this in terms of guests, it to me would be one of the less disruptive guests and stages and also bring enough of its own flavor.
If they approach guests again, I suppose this would be a VERY ideal route, I'd be surprisingly excited.
Also an SC event in FF14 would be interesting to see, they can go about it many ways.
Estinien is considered a major recurring NPC even deep into Shadowbringers (won't spoil for those that play this MMO). So he is still very relevant into this new expansion that released earlier in the summer (early July).

I do like Sophia's theme song, but it's hard when you have master pieces such as these and this only the tip of the iceberg of FFXIV music.

(This theme dramatically changes at the 4:20 mark and would be an epic theme of a clash between Soul Calibur and Soul Edge).

Isn't Y'shtola the poster child of Final Fantasy XIV? I don't play the Final Fantasy MMOs, but anytime there's a crossover, it seems like it's her for FFXIV.

Well they did salvage bits and pieces of Kratos for Aeon in SCV. I’d imagine something can be done for Vader and Ezio at the very least.

Isn't Y'shtola the poster child of Final Fantasy XIV? I don't play the Final Fantasy MMOs, but anytime there's a crossover, it seems like it's her for FFXIV.
While that seems to be the case, I think it's more because she is a cute kitty girl while the Warrior of Light (main character...your character) should be the main star and should allow you to customize their looks like in FFXIV since they are essentially CaS customizable.

Here is my Miqo'te Warrior of Light that I main as a Dragoon in FFXIV for years now. I think it's because I've been a Seong Mina main since Soul Blade that I liked pole based weapon users such as being a Hunter Arcstrider in Destiny 2 as well.

ffxiv_08022016_074016.png

I'm not sure if I would want to see a Final Fantasy XIV guest character in SoulCalibur VI (especially since I think it's about time we get a new character in place of a guest for a potential Season 3) but I wouldn't be opposed to having creation parts based in it so we could create a Dragoon in the game.

What I WOULD WANT TO SEE though are SoulCalibur parts in Final Fantasy XIV. I am leveling up my Dark Knight right now and about to start Heavensward as soon as he gets to level 50 (so no spoiler please) but man would I LOVE to get Soul Edge as a glamour piece for my character. Give me Nightmare's SoulCalibur 2 outfit too!

I’m sorry I can’t see anything from Final Fantasy XIV getting a guest spot.

The game is still going strong but the characters in that game don’t have the same draw as the offline games.

It’s for the best too. Nobody would ever rematch me when I tried out Noctis in T7!

I’m sorry I can’t see anything from Final Fantasy XIV getting a guest spot.

The game is still going strong but the characters in that game don’t have the same draw as the offline games.

It’s for the best too. Nobody would ever rematch me when I tried out Noctis in T7!
I tend to agree. I still wonder if a Tifa guest spot couldn't be in the cards, however, if there were a Season 3. Admittedly, there's a bit of confirmation bias going there, as Tifa is a personal favourite character from that franchise -and- I want a brawler in this game. But objectively, there are arguments to be made for why it could happen. The timing for a guest from FFVII would be perfect, if there was a third season: the first installment in the FFVII remake will be out late this year or early next year, and the next one probably not quite two years after. This means, SCVI DLC proceeds at roughly the same rate it has been, the third season pass wold drop right in between the first two FFVII installments. SquareEnix will be looking to push promotion on the series, and Namco will be looking to capitalize on a big name character, as they did to a lesser extent with lesser square star Noctis. But because of the episodic nature of the FFVII remake, there will be a limited roster of classic FFVII playable characters to choose from. Furthermore, I don't think Cloud is feasible quest for SC purposes: he's just too OP as a visual matter. Then again, they may retcon the superman shtick (particularly pronounced in Advent Children/Compilations of Final Fantasy VII, but present to some extent in the original game), for the sake the seamless gameplay in the remake. So who knows. I'm sure that Namco would love to have him, but I have to tell you, the dream for me with regard to such a guest would be Tifa.

I'd say Tifa wouldn't be a good fit for SoulCalibur in the same way that Noctis wasn't a good fit for Tekken, but we've had Devil Jin style in SoulCalibur V, sooo... it's not quite an impossibility. Though, for my money, I'd rather have Cid, if we were getting someone from Final Fantasy VII. It's not likely that Cid will be in Final Fantasy VII Remake until late in its second part or maybe not even until its third part, though, so that seems unlikely as well. Cloud really would be the best choice, but if we're talking about superhuman power that shouldn't be in the game, the collective consciousness of Algol, Azwel, and 2B compels you to reconsider. Besides that, Cloud was already in another fighting game back on the PS1, a pretty bad one, at that, but wasn't really a superpowered beast there, so it's not like he would absolutely have to be OP or anything.

I'd say Tifa wouldn't be a good fit for SoulCalibur in the same way that Noctis wasn't a good fit for Tekken, but we've had Devil Jin style in SoulCalibur V, sooo... it's not quite an impossibility. Though, for my money, I'd rather have Cid, if we were getting someone from Final Fantasy VII. It's not likely that Cid will be in Final Fantasy VII Remake until late in its second part or maybe not even until its third part, though, so that seems unlikely as well. Cloud really would be the best choice, but if we're talking about superhuman power that shouldn't be in the game, the collective consciousness of Algol, Azwel, and 2B compels you to reconsider. Besides that, Cloud was already in another fighting game back on the PS1, a pretty bad one, at that, but wasn't really a superpowered beast there, so it's not like he would absolutely have to be OP or anything.
The problem is actually bigger if he isn't faithfully represented though. The only way he works with PS's methods of adaptation is if he is significantly toned down in the first episode of the remake. Which, to be fair, is entirely a possibility; the devs for that game have made clear that the game will be a lot more grounded, especially in the first episodes. I think we can safely say that Cid is not happening though: he would have very little cross-promotion appeal for Namco. As to Tifa being ill-suited, I'm not sure I can agree. As you point out, there've been a number of brawlers in the series, and I'd honestly view adding Tifa as the equal and opposite to the decision to add Noctis to Tekken. I suppose its still an extreme outside chance, but it would probably end up being my favourite guest of all time.

On a side note, I remember Ergheiz being faster paced than that...

I know, I'm debateful even if Red XIII will appear in the first part of Final Fantasy VII Remake, because he would be playable in so little of it, it would just feel mostly like a tease. And I'm also aware that Cid in general isn't nearly the same level of appeal as a character, I'm more looking at weapon style. Cloud or Sephiroth would mostly just be another massive sword user, not really so exciting. So in that way, I can agree that Tifa would be a fine choice, though that being said, as magically-inclined as SoulCalibur VI is, you might even be able to argue Aerith as a possibility, whacking things with her staff and conjuring up various spells, maybe not just magic attacks but also summons? It can't be any more ridiculous than 2B or Azwel.

But no, Ehrgeiz was a slag, though at the time, before Compilation FFVII stuff, it felt like the characters in that game were pretty fair representations.

I would much rather we not get a guest character since it's about time we get a new character to promote the game instead. But since we are talking about Final Fantasy and a guest character, there is no question that it's going to be Cloud. Sure it might be a bit redundant since we have Siegfried and Nightmare but the whole point of guest characters is to help market the game, not necessarily to make the game better. Cloud happens to be the face of Final Fantasy so it makes the most sense for him to be the character they put in the game if they ever add another guest character. Even people who have never played Final Fantasy know about Cloud; however, the same can't be said about other Final Fantasy characters.

@artard4321 You might want to grab some popcorn for the postgame ending~
No spoilers, the game literally warns you it's gonna be a ride before it starts :D
Yeah dude, I just finished A Realm Reborn two days ago. The game told me that I'm in for a long cutscene but I did not expect it to be THAT LONG lol. I haven't started Heavensward yet though but my Dark Knight is finally level 49 so I'll be starting it soon.

I dropped FFXIV 3 years ago. One day I shall continue where I left off....
Tira is a good choice for a guest to promote FF7Rbut a bad choice for SC6

Back