Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

GG Hwang, I feel so punked right now lol. So much for "resurrection" character. But hey, it makes sense, Hilde brings the most uniqueness to the table.

But like I said, in a fighting game, plot means squat. Mechanics and popularity trumps the setting and that's why I wouldn't count Hilde out.

EDIT: Thinking about it, "resurrection" could also mean retcon lol.

source.gif

Hello everyone! New to 8wayrun. Since the Invitational is coming up, I feel like it’s my last chance to talk about the first character to possibly be revealed at the event. For a long time, I agreed with @DanteSC3 and others that Hwang would be the yellow slot (which I really want ). But, recently, I have been thinking it will be Hilde. Why:

+ Noticeable appearance of Wolfkrone soldiers in story modes/Libra of Soul.

+ Hilde has a unique move-set, popularity, and a recent model/move set. I think the budget for every character is a factor in this choosing. In comparison to Hwang, Hilde may be a much safer/cheaper implementation (especially as Hwang’s move set finalization would be risky: which move set do we choose?What did fans want?)

This post hurt to write lol. I really want Hwang in the game.

Sorry for the long post lol
Good shit, lol

So a lot of great things came out of this:

A tournament scene that brought some good Calibur.

Azwel being dethroned yet again.

Mitsu joining Azwel, Nightmare, and Voldo among humanity’s saviours.

An amazing speech from Okubo himself.

Hilde being revealed, with a brilliant new design for her.

And last but not least... the Soul in Calibur continues to burn within the franchise.

Overall, a successful event and year for the community. Now I guess we wait for NEC for more competitive Calibur.

Hilde's armor JESUS
She's looking regal as hell, the coat too!

I legit did not expect Hilde this season at all.
I didn't believe it, but here we are...

This is why I knew it was wrong to have optimism and to think Yellow = Hwang
I guess Hwang might be pink now, because Seong Mi-na is pink, and he wants her to notice him.

Especially since they said the content wouldn't reach SCIV back when it started, and I just thought Hilde would be saved for SCVI.
Technically still not, though, unless her story is radically different, her outfit looks befitting of someone on a throne, so we're likely seeing prequel Hilde, not SoulCalibur IV Hilde.

Does Hilde have short hair or long hair I couldn't tell
It looked short, makes sense as this would be her younger self, takes some time to grow hair that long!

@LisaK

Now will you please stop being so moody about Yun-Seong being dead. Hwang is over.
I know right. But... is Hwang pink now? Confirmed Maxi's lover.

GG Hwang, I feel so led astray lol. So much for "resurrection" character. But hey, it makes sense, Hilde brings the most uniqueness to the table.

But like I said, in a fighting game, plot means squat. Mechanics and popularity trumps the setting and that's why I wouldn't count Hilde out.
It was speculative that resurrection didn't literally mean resurrection, I had my doubts about it. And plot still does matter, this definitely is young Hilde.

Does Hilde's reveal skewer Setsuka's chances at all? Would they really want two more females this season after the whole 1st season was female? Don't get me wrong, I like Hilde but I would have preferred Sestuka.

Does Hilde's reveal skewer Setsuka's chances at all? Would they really want two more females this season after the whole 1st season was female? Don't get me wrong, I like Hilde but I would have preferred Sestuka.
Not really. I'm pretty sure they know the ladies will sell. I'm betting pink is Setsuka, because that's a color associated with her costumes.

I had this odd feeling for a while now that Hilde would be the yellow slot. I still really want Hwang. But, I am happy for those who really wanted Hilde : ).

Also, I don’t think this is the end for Hwang (yet). If the season pass is:

+ Hilde

+ Setsuka

+ Yun-Seong

it should do well enough for a season 3 (hopefully) : ). Also, I wish I knew if the swords meant anything. Hilde’s golden redesign could hint at the grayish slot being a redesign/color change for another character ( Hwang : ) ->I’m biased on this lol)

If not, hopefully a season 3 : )!

Back