Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I just generally wouldn't be surprised if PS felt that since we got a total of around 15 creation parts with Hilde (freebies included) that they didn't have to put as much equipment in the actual creation pack.
I would honestly rather that be the reason Pack C was so bad than just poor judgement of what makes a good pack, y'know? Because if it's the latter, I shudder to think what the next 3 packs will be.
I guess we’ll find out based on what Pack D looks like, but assuming that Haohmaru isn’t customizable and we don’t get his parts, we may not really know for sure until Pack E what to expect for Pack F.

I had no idea SC 6 dropped down to DoA 6 levels yikes...
nah its not DOA lvls of bad for twitch, i have seen the numbers going up in the evening and staying 80% of the time above DOA i dont know of the steam numbers tho.
I have not been playing SC6 cus of SC6 fatigue, too much of it has made me play terrible and have poor judgement on how to play so i have been playing COD for the time being and will be back in a couple of days.

nah its not DOA lvls of bad for twitch, i have seen the numbers going up in the evening and staying 80% of the time above DOA i dont know of the steam numbers tho.
I have not been playing SC6 cus of SC6 fatigue, too much of it has made me play terrible and have poor judgement on how to play so i have been playing COD for the time being and will be back in a couple of days.
Was only referring to Steam Charts because personally I never even cared about Twitch.
I was trying to get back into SC but even with Cassandra in the game I'm having troubles. Perhaps one day tho

Was only referring to Steam Charts because personally I never even cared about Twitch.
I was trying to get back into SC but even with Cassandra in the game I'm having troubles. Perhaps one day tho
I can’t really blame you, with Cassandra not really being all that Cassandra-like with her holy magick abilities.

Like Konami or EA Kappa?
I'd much rather stick with Bamco through thick and thin.

Oh dear God no haha. I mean't more like Atlus-SEGA or Square Enix. Konami & EA are gaming cancer. I guess I would just like it if it felt like Namco took more pride in SoulCalibur. Hell, Namco didn't have much faith in SCVI until they saw that the game did decently in its first year. Bleh, I guess I just hate seeing SC play 2nd fiddle to Tekken haha.

Is the new stage a factor as to why Haohmaru is taking so long?
Then again the T7 got Fahkumram & stage in a timely manner.

Surprised to see Okubo still bring up the possibility of continuing the World Tour considering the current pandemic could be around longer than expected, a last resort could be to have another invitational type tournament.

Happens when there’s no tournament scene and no content updates. I’ve been playing other games in the meanwhile, and I’m sure others are doing the same.

Though on a tangent, I remain thoroughly displeased with Code Vein’s DLC, finally got the last piece yesterday, but all of it is so low effort and without story tie-in that it actually feels like worse treatment than SoulCalibur.

The wait was so long, for no reason due to their simplistic nature, while last year they jerked us around with holiday pack free DLC and beach towels, hyping up the real DLC from the season pass even more, to have all three parts be soulless reused content maps and enemies leading to one “unique” (stolen from God Eater) boss each, having to run each one multiple times in a grind for no reason to unlock all the content, which pales in comparison to the stuff you already had from the base game, with nothing to use it on, because you’ve already 100%’d the base game, and there’s really no replay value to be had.

Worst season pass I’ve experienced in some time, and I really regret having faith in Code Vein enough to buy the deluxe edition. I’m even turned off from God Eater, which I was looking forward to being lured in by the lore in the DLCs, yet there is no lore to be had.
Speaking of code vein, I heard that the dlc came out bugged for a lot of people, with one of the vestiges needed to access the boss being unobtainable. That's not something that should be happening. Dlc coming out unplayable is ridiculous.

I just hope the boss isn't as much of a chore as the last one. Hellfire kniht was fun enough, but empress was like running through a bush if brambles and then getting a lemon juice bath to clean off. It was painful.

Surprised to see Okubo still bring up the possibility of continuing the World Tour considering the current pandemic could be around longer than expected, a last resort could be to have another invitational type tournament.

He has no choice if he wants to preserve the Soul series hype.

He has no choice if he wants to preserve the Soul series hype.
Agreed. Of course, let's be clear: the entire tour could end up a pipe dream, and it's probable that Okubo (or someone else higher in the hierarchy at Namco) fully recognizes this fact--it's just that they gain nothing by cancelling prematurely. In the short term, even if they have invitationals with no audience, there's unlikely to be a time in the next few months where most events could get more than a fraction of their desired invitees, where such invitees a) would not have travel restrictions thwarting them either in the way to the event or returning to their home country, and b) are also willing to take the risk for the love of SoulCalibur/the level of prizes those events offer. And that's saying nothing about the complexity of planning for whether or not such gatherings would be permitted under the quarantine policies of Country X on date Y. No matter when you planned it, some substantial portion of the invitees would likely be barred and most of the ones that weren't would not be willing to attend or could not really plan to attend given the layers of uncertainty.

On the other hand, there's very little to be gained from announcing the cancellation immediately. Nevermind that they'd like to at least leave the door open to some miraculous change of circumstances that rescues the back half of the tour, there's also the fact that they would kill one of the last sources of hype existing for the game right now if they announced those events as unquestionably not forthcoming.

It still seems like they could drum up hype in lieu of the cancelled events by letting us have Haohmaru alongside a message to start practicing with him for the upcoming world tour dates when Corona-chan leaves us alone.

it wasn't a joke.. bye..
I NEED the Butterfly Sallet. We just want Setsuka and one of the Dao users and soon. After that, we can have Season 3 starring Viola.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200325-224141_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200325-224141_Chrome.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 68
Is there any difference between the thin and average builds in soulcalibur 6?
Thin uses the 20 ticks before the -20 to 20 and thick-set uses the 20 ticks after the -20 to 20, but the differences between the extremes are less between -40 to -20 and 20 to 40 than are the ones in the average -20 to 20. But if you did thin 0 that would be average -20 and if you did thick-set 0 that would be average 20.

Agreed. Of course, let's be clear: the entire tour could end up a pipe dream, and it's probable that Okubo (or someone else higher in the hierarchy at Namco) fully recognizes this fact--it's just that they gain nothing by cancelling prematurely. In the short term, even if they have invitationals with no audience, there's unlikely to be a time in the next few months where most events could get more than a fraction of their desired invitees, where such invitees a) would not have travel restrictions thwarting them either in the way to the event or returning to their home country, and b) are also willing to take the risk for the love of SoulCalibur/the level of prizes those events offer. And that's saying nothing about the complexity of planning for whether or not such gatherings would be permitted under the quarantine policies of Country X on date Y. No matter when you planned it, some substantial portion of the invitees would likely be barred and most of the ones that weren't would not be willing to attend or could not really plan to attend given the layers of uncertainty.

On the other hand, there's very little to be gained from announcing the cancellation immediately. Nevermind that they'd like to at least leave the door open to some miraculous change of circumstances that rescues the back half of the tour, there's also the fact that they would kill one of the last sources of hype existing for the game right now if they announced those events as unquestionably not forthcoming.

I agree, it's in Namco's interest to create the illusion that the SCWT is still happening. SCVI isn't really in a position where it should be doing anything that would potentially stifle hype. Something like T7, SFV, Smash U, etc. would be ok, but SCVI is already struggling to get by as is.

Back