Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Setsukas gimmick is that she throws the umbrella at the opponent....
Please, no. I'm hoping they'll just flesh out her Guard Impact mechanics from SCIV. Like collecting a bazillion successful GIs will give her a super duper Auto-GI glitter explosion with 80 damage. That'd be optional enough and okay with me.

I'm seriously dreading something the likes of rose-hungry Amy, flash-flashy Cassandra or fugly-flaming arms Mitsurugi.
Please, PS, keep it pure and simple. Don't debilitate her gameplay and don't give us eye cancer, that's all.

OrH5.gif

I must say Haohmaru's moveset looks even more unpolished than I expected from the trailer. He doesn't really have a lot of moves either, does he?

Also, for example, his projectile just blandly floats across the stage, they didn't even add effects like dust or cracking of the ground. Hopefully, our dear Sets will not get the same rough treatment...
I'm sure they will give graphical updates later down the line if it's that bad.

And wonder what gameplay they go for both, guess Hwang will be easily the character with the most kicks moves in the game? Setsuka having an Umbrella could easily give imagination for her gimmick, i feel it will get some buff during her SC.
I've got to think that her gimmick will have something to do with her counter-into-pressure game. With the arguable exception of Amy's roses, I think it's fair to say that all of the recent gimmicks have been formed in the mold of the character's most obvious traditional strength. In other words, they all make those characters a little more like what they are best known for being. Maybe something that throws on effects into attacks if they are initiated from impact or involve particular timing? Eh, I don't know: she's so not my own style and I'm not a fan of the new wealth of gimmicks, so I'm probably the last person to engineer or accurately predict an engaging unique mechanic for the style.

I should have used red instead of black but I definitely think there will be a season 3, unless of course, Project Soul drops other characters alongside the remaining two in the season pass.

There is space for 4 more characters and I'm thinking Rock, Aeon, and whichever Dao user doesn't make it (Hwang/Yun). Li Long or Viola maybe.

That's also assuming Project Soul doesn't make new original characters post-launch like Tekken 7 has.

EDIT: possibly space for two or four more underneath inferno/Mina and Voldo/random
IMG_-mfz2ka.jpg

Last edited:
Surprised they went for Vanilla K-Pop over Strawberry after all. No offense, but he seems kind of generic in comparison. At least he’s less annoying.

But the other stages haven’t been leaked I assume...

I should have used red instead of black but I definitely think there will be a season 3, unless of course, Project Soul drops other characters alongside the remaining two in the season pass.

There is space for 4 more characters and I'm thinking Rock, Aeon, and whichever Dao user doesn't make it (Hwang/Yun). Li Long or Viola maybe.

That's also assuming Project Soul doesn't make new original characters post-launch like Tekken 7 has.

EDIT: possibly space for two or four more underneath inferno/Mina and Voldo/random
View attachment 72023

Some people still think that we will Rock or Aeon/Lizardman ans Li-Long XD XD
1st: Astaroth has technically a lot of useless Rock’s moves
2: Li-long (even if You didn’t mentionned it, i keep seeing ppl asking for him) was in SoulBlade, was removed for Maxi. So forget him
3: if a SP3 is coming (i dont think so but I hope for the game) I Think it would (again and again lol) a guest, but possibly 3 new characters... or Dampierre in it maybe? But i don’t have any veteran in my mind (Yun-Seong but it should be unfortunately Hwang in SP2)

Regarding the rumoured leaks, I don't want to get my hopes up but seeing Hwang really makes me thing Li Long is a possibility now. I hope many of you support his return if we get a season 3.

Regarding the rumoured leaks, I don't want to get my hopes up but seeing Hwang really makes me thing Li Long is a possibility now. I hope many of you support his return if we get a season 3.
Can't speak about other people. But, in a way, idgaf who we get if these rumours are true. Despite some people's gripes, everyone has been interesting so far (except geralt and to an extent 2b, to me personally) so as long as they do as good as they have with the last few characters I'm just happy to get new characters.

We have seen with Amy, Cassandra, and Haohmaru that you can have a similar weapon and still be a completely different experience now.
To say nothing of the other dozen characters they have done this with in previous titles.

For Li Long, he has two nunchucks but maybe they could do a three sectioned one or something. If Rock came back, I know they'd give him his onslaught mace and a different moveset.
I would have to think it would be dual nunchuku again. As you probably know, in the U.S. console port of SE, they transformed Long's nunchuks into an approximation of a three-quarter staff purely to get around goofy censorship issues that existed with nunchuks in U.S. media at the time. Or so the communit scuttlebutt has long held-- and its more or less plausible if you are familiar with the legal history of the moral panic surrounding these weapons in the 90's. Anyway, it looked awful, in that a three-quarter staff is an enitrely different type of weapon that uses entirely different motions and biomechanics in its basic application. And even more to the practical side, there's no way they are going to bring back this character after such a long delay and not make him more or less true to his original design--especially in this of all games, and especially if it means having to start a character from scratch rather than using his previous appearances as a strong template, with a moveset built around his legacy moves.

As to the more central question of whether he is likely to be added at all, I have to say I think he's just been barely edged out. First, I do think that while it's not a fait accompli that there will be a third season, it's certainly a much more likely than not situation. And based on the number of characters that would be available if the game proceeded through three season passes, I always figured there was just enough space for three DLC guests and the exact nine legacy characters that were necessary to re-composite the classic era (SCIII and before) main roster: Tira, Amy, Cassandra, Setsuka, Hwang, Yun-seong, Li Long, Rock, and Aeon/Lizardman.

But that was before Hilde through that possibility off. I always reckoned she was also a strong candidate herself, but her having been added means someone gets left out in the rain, since I think a third season will almost certainly included a guest (man do I hope it's Tifa--I can't say that enough). And I think the two classic era characters most likely to be dropped are Li Long and Yun-seong. So, long odds for Li Long at this point. Personally, I'd be thrilled to have him back though; his style is one of the best in SCIII:AE, an under-appreciated fact today.

Last edited:
Back