Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

8BBA9F1A-B32D-442D-82E4-617A71958455.jpeg

“Officially” Kappa Can we expect frayhuas triumphant return?

Today’s is April fool’s day. That is some very good timing. #creed.

Apparently they were sitting on this information for at least a week if not more! This only got out because one guy made a tweet telling Project Soul they should hide their stuff better and it caught the attention of a guy who works for avoiding the puddle...

Now then... how long til vergeben resurfaces?

As you probably know, in the U.S. console port of SE, they transformed Long's nunchuks into an approximation of a three-quarter staff purely to get around goofy censorship issues that existed with nunchuks in U.S. media at the time.

You mean the UK. Here we had stuff like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles chanced to Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and Bruce Lee nunchaku scenes removed. This wasn't lifted until the year 2000 IIRC.

I find Haohmaru to be the coolest and most interesting of the guest characters in this game. I think he's the most difficult guest character as well because of his execution. Some of his inputs are difficult to buffer, especially if you have to do them on reaction. I don't exactly know how strong he is at this point, but he doesn't seem like a weak character to me. A competent Haohmaru will be annoying to fight against because of his 236A+B reflect, 421K dodge and his Warrior's Focus mixups. He also has good lethal hits. Rage Explosion will always be a threat.

His 14-Slash Combo Soul Attack is cool as well. This is how it looks when you do all the just frames, it took me a while because it's very difficult:

So my thoughts on Haohmaru, he's good but his movement seems so jerky. I took him into training and then into ranked, sitting at 6k with him. He has a lot of very unsafe moves but they're rewarding. Also his 14 hit combo isn't very difficult to pull off. Also he has a move that heals him slightly though it's a somewhat unsafe fire move, but you can use a trick cancel version of it. Overall pretty good but I gotta hit training with him more.
Edit: I meant his 14 hit combo is very difficult to pull off

well how do you feel about the leaks? I know last year you were eagerly awaiting cassandra
About the characters? Or about how it was leaked? I discovered Cassandra and Amy in the files one year ago, and I waited to talk about it until it was leaked by others (which happened extremely quickly since they were right there in some INI files). I knew about this leak for about one week (I never discovered it myself. It was discovered by someone else who found a rather obscure list of DLC characters in the game. I suspect that list has actually been there since the Hilde release), and the people who knew about the leak agreed to stay quiet about it.

I'm of two minds when it comes to leaks. On one side it's kind of exciting to know about stuff before they're announced (and also, I do think the contents of a season pass should be revealed the second you can pay for it), but I also feel bad for the dev team who wants to make these character reveals a surprise. That's why I've decided to stay quiet if I know any datamined information like this without anyone making it public.

I think the characters are good choices. They're not big surprises, but it's a good thing they're going for characters which are in high demand. So yeah, pretty excited we'll finally get the return of Alpha Patroklos and Assassin!

Can we expect a podcast soon?
I wanna do a podcast about the new stuff, but it might take a week or so before I get around to it. I'm kinda knee-deep with modding and making videos of Resident Evil 3 and RE: Resistance.

Back