Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I must confess that I'm awfully anxious to see who is the third character DLC, if the leaks are true or not. I was hoping for at trailer this month and a release on June.

RIGHT!? They could even have just dropped the character with (truthful) Twitter information or SOMETHING if the budget and teamwork levels of producing an attractive teaser aren’t working as well in seclusion from proper interactions or whatever bullshit you know this company can finesse out but by the middle of June at latest is the absolute end of my tolerance levels before I stop caring about the game in general and just return to Tekken and trying to actually finish an RPG in full.

Jesus please let PS still release a teaser trailer or something. Anything, Lord, but please just be ON TIME.

I must confess that I'm awfully anxious to see who is the third character DLC, if the leaks are true or not. I was hoping for at trailer this month and a release on June.

With EVO US 2020 being cancelled means that Setsuka might release earlier & be extremely overpowered.

they don't make content for EVO. they make the content for us. They make trailers for EVO.....

do not forget that telework is a thing. Instead of content being "cancelled' they may instead be delayed. What are they going to cancel content for? You can't sell cancelled content....

Current online SC6 tournaments we have every week are pretty fun to watch. Playing online might not be the same as offline, but guess what, that's the reality of today, so people just need to adapt, which is something professional fighting game players are really good at anyway. Also thankfully SC6 has been balanced to be good both offline and online at the same time by desight from the start as stated by Okubo in the past (remember all the talks around when reverse flapjack ring out nerf occured).
Also PS4 users would have to jump into PC gaming for this one if they really want to seriously participate. No other way around it I think. That is still gonna be cheaper than travelling to Vegas for many people.

why is the ps4 version of sc6 so much laggier than the pc version?
Because PSN is dogshit, I need nothing more to say.
Current online SC6 tournaments we have every week are pretty fun to watch. Playing online might not be the same as offline, but guess what, that's the reality of today, so people just need to adapt, which is something professional fighting game players are really good at anyway. Also thankfully SC6 has been balanced to be good both offline and online at the same time by desight from the start as stated by Okubo in the past (remember all the talks around when reverse flapjack ring out nerf occured).
Also PS4 users would have to jump into PC gaming for this one if they really want to seriously participate. No other way around it I think. That is still gonna be cheaper than travelling to Vegas for many people.
I don’t think anyone has forgotten about the change to the flapjacks back then for Nightmare and Siegfried. It was honestly a pretty dumb nerf to me. But at least they changed it back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot_2020-05-04 マステル高橋 no Twitter Ali_Kageuchi autumnrequiem Believe it or not, he is no...png

Last edited:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking about it now, SoulCalibur II does look a bit like a generation shift. There's a bigger time gap between SoulCalibur I & SoulCalibur II than there is between Soul Edge & SoulCalibur I, and they also even tried to replace Sophitia with Cassandra (Sophitia wasn't in the original arcade version of SoulCalibur II). From the looks of it, they tried to make Kilik the sole pole-type weapon user but thank god Seong Mi-na came back along with Sophitia for the console versions.

Also, I honestly can't tell if that's Hwang or a prototype Yun-seong lol.

Seeing that EVO will make online events this year, either the devs are going to step up their netcode stuff or FGs are going to die.

Its funny how for the last years the FGC has been like "if you only play online, are you even trying to be competitive?" now they HAVE to compete online if they wana get to be at EVO.

how the turn tables.gif

ironic.jpg

they don't make content for EVO. they make the content for us. They make trailers for EVO.....

do not forget that telework is a thing. Instead of content being "cancelled' they may instead be delayed. What are they going to cancel content for? You can't sell cancelled content....

I 100% agree! They can always reveal and announce something without a special event. And I don't think about cancelled or delayed content! If they want to delay something they will announce it, I remember that Okubo-san had said in his Twitter a month ago that he and the Project Soul team are all good and healthy and they still working for the Season 2 from their homes! I'm still optimistic.

Siegmare’s mask is kind of interesting. Maybe as a transition between the two identities? But it makes him look like Claw wearing armor.

Also Kilik and Xianghua looked their best in SC2 before going back to something resembling their original designs.

Back