Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I’m certainly grateful for some sort of teaser in place of nothing, too, but personally, hell, I just wish it was someone new or something.

This is madness! There are so many different ways you can interpret the silhouette.... Lizardman, Algol, Hwang, Natalie.... the list goes on and on!

Seeing Oprah and alpha preplanned is just depressing, and reminding me of the whole “characters are just functions” in Marvel vs capcom infinite. Thank god Okubo and Project Soul currently don’t share this philosophy that Daishi had.
I've been a longtime supporter for Hwang's return but that's all that he is to me: a function. lol

I just really liked Assassin's moveset in SC2 and Hwang's moveset in SC3. I had more fun playing them than Xianghua or Yun-seong's moveset.

As a character, even I'd have to admit that Hwang is pretty dull compared to Yun-seong. But even so, Hwang is my favorite function in SOULCALIBUR and the character I want the most to return in SC6 and future installments.

My favorite character is actually Yoshimitsu (also my favorite character in Tekken) but I cannot play him at all since he is functionally difficult for me to play (I do enjoy playing him casually though).

It's Hwang. He's doing something similar to this pose but mirrored and he's holding the sword on his back
Sc-hwang1.jpg

lol where are you seeing his hair. It's Algol or Lizardman

Hwang's hair alone as a silhouette is right. All the Steam Datamines are right. Cassie & Amy in SCVI S1 had new designs before the original Datamine. The giant Datamine from January 2019 was right on with YELLOW. Yellow = Hwang in Korean. Hwang isn't a CaS enemy in LoS,

Attachments

• 7128fa812785d262c2d52a7559aa4803.png
    7128fa812785d262c2d52a7559aa4803.png
    737.2 KB · Views: 50
Yeah, the silhouette is a bit confusing. At first I thought I was looking at a full-body silhouette with lots of scarves, headbands and all that, but comparing it to the Soul Blade/Soul Edge intro, they might azwel go for a classic nostalgia moment here, showing just an excerpt of the concept art to keep us on our toes. The head angle is exactly the same.

Admittingly though, a pose like that would hide too much of what you'd be interested to see in a concept art and my theory doesn't explain the white spash/edge (?) in the bottom left.

Anyway, S O O N we'll know.

hwang_comparison.png

Frankly I can't tell what the hell am I looking at whatsoever.
Is it just the head? Is it a full body shot? Is there a SC6 traditional background coat of arms thingy involved? There probably is.
How soon is soon though? What’s the average track record with previous ‘soons’?
4 months is the recent average. We'll have the last World Tour online tournament on November 28th, which will be 4 months since Setsuka.

How soon is soon though? What’s the average track record with previous ‘soons’?
2B - 2 months
Amy - 3 months
Cassie, Hilde, Haohmaru, Setsuka - 4 months

I'm glad Hwang got a small teaser silhouette. If Setsuka got a teaser silhouette a month before her release that famous rant wouldn't have happened & she wouldn't have EZ inputs.

Back