Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

En0bPCYVgAEgOPp

giphy.gif

It has some Algol in it

Are they really gonna put Algot in the game?
5-pm-sunday.gif

Maybe he has much more fanbase that it loo like? mmm

I cannot cope with this uncertainty. Possibly a season 3 announcement at the same time which is what the stage is referencing..? (I say in hope)
Would be the best scenario case, but i don't believe it, too good to be true

tenor.gif

Last edited:
What if they didn't do this mystery fighter campaign for the sake of adding doubt to an inevitable Hwang reveal, but to soften the blow of an Algol reveal? "First invoke doubt, so the disappointment will be less severe."

Even with their attempts to ease people into it, nothing will deflate my hype more than an Algol reveal. I doubt I'll even play his story mode. I'm certain that even Dampierre would invoke more hype in most people. At least he's an oddball choice (instead of a boring one).

What if they didn't do this mystery fighter campaign for the sake of adding doubt to an inevitable Hwang reveal, but to soften the blow of an Algol reveal? "First invoke doubt, so the disappointment will be less severe."

Even with their attempts to ease people into it, nothing will deflate my hype more than an Algol reveal. I doubt I'll even play his story mode. I'm certain that even Dampierre would invoke more hype in most people. At least he's an oddball choice (instead of a boring one).
I completely agree. I just don’t see any need whatsoever for Algol in the game when we have the extremely similar Azwel - and neither seem to be especially popular characters.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but if it's indeed Gogol (French term for "retard"), I'm gonna die laughing 'cause bad habits never die!
This is why I like online forums. I get to learn amazing things from a variety of people, like how "gogol" is French for retard. My life feels more complete now. Tyfs!!!
Am I the only one who prefers the Dark Green / Red color palette ?
I mean I get the Blue / Black with Red accents is a call back to SC2 Raph.
I also liked the green and red color palette. He could have been my Christmas Raphy if they had gone with it... 🎄

Also random note on the mysterious stage that is part of the tease for the DLC character, it reminds me of SC3 Mina's stage (the one that had the "evil moon" theme), sp00ky and mysterious because of the influence of Soul Edge in the area.

If you had chosen a DMC character as a guest, would you choose between Dante, Vergil (V) or Nero?

I'd rather not have futuristic looking characters in Soul Calibur, 2B already crossed that line for me and her futuristic aesthetics are pretty tame compared to the DMC characters. I'd rather there be a spinoff game with characters from multiple franchises, it would allow them to properly shine with a crossover story as well as having the opportunity for minor characters to make a playable appearence. It would also allow the Calibur series to breathe as you can't keep rolling out the same plot lines for the characters otherwise nothing will matter. I mean I have it in my head that SC7 will cover the events of SC2 to SC4 so after that's complete, do this spin off not only for a fresh take on Calibur's mechanics, but it will allow the developers to figure out how to progress the Calibur franchise beyond the climax of SC4.

I mean, they have to know better than to throw in Algol as the last one, right? I don't hate him, but would they really pass over both Hwang AND Yun-seong to put him in?

It's Algol's son. lol
Lmao that would be hilarious and also destroy me at the same time 😂

But in all seriousness, I agree with the rhetorical question you're asking. They'd have to know better than to seriously put in Algol. What would they gain from it? How would it enhance SCVI and players' reception of the game and its additional seasons? 🤨

But in all seriousness, I agree with the rhetorical question you're asking. They'd have to know better than to seriously put in Algol. What would they gain from it? How would it enhance SCVI and players' reception of the game and its additional seasons? 🤨
Well you figure they gotta mix each season up with an appropriate dose of popular and not so much popular characters.

Last edited:

I dont see how theres even a question there. Why put in algol a character with one of the most unique styles in sc history who is a badass hero king weilding both soul calibur and soul edge.

Compared to a character that you can literally create with random cas pieces in 5 seconds and who got replaced by several characters throughout the games cause he is definitely not the most boring thing ever.

Back