Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I don't get it, either. I'm guessing perhaps due to the corruption with the Russian dudes, now Bamco will no longer partner with We Play anymore, which was helping with the competitive eSports for Soul Calibur. Hence, the esports scene for Soul Calibur has been damaged, on an administrative level, when you look who is running these esports? .____.' I don't even know if my interpretation is right :P

And this loss of partnership for esports might reduce the chance of a season 3 for Soul Calibur, is the result I'm guessing.

I don't even know if I used my brain correctly to figure all this out, lmfao

I don't get it, either. I'm guessing perhaps due to the corruption with the Russian dudes, now Bamco will no longer partner with We Play anymore, which was helping with the competitive eSports for Soul Calibur. Hence, the esports scene for Soul Calibur has been damaged, on an administrative level, when you look who is running these esports? .____.' I don't even know if my interpretation is right :P

And this loss of partnership for esports might reduce the chance of a season 3 for Soul Calibur, is the result I'm guessing.

I don't even know if I used my brain correctly to figure all this out, lmfao

This is basically how I understand it as well. Loss of sponsor means loss of publicity which, sadly, this game really needs. So I can see why how it could possibly affect season 3 chances but we don't know.

It won't damage a possible season 3 but it has damage the image of online competitions. A bloody shame because ESL has actually been my first experience entering fighting game tournaments and fighting against people that you see win majors. I'm sure Bamco will do something more concrete in the future for their fighting game division because as of now they were hoodwinked like the rest of us, but if it happens again it would be damning to the company as a whole which I imagine isn't something Bamco wants to have.

Seems like people, especially the competitive people, tend to presume the competitive scene has much to do at all with the actual marketplace. It's more of an optional extra. A bonus if you will for the publisher and as far as I can see this development will not have effected their plans significantly regarding development of the game one way or another. Whatever they were doing before this happened is still happening, anything else would be bad business and fiscal planning, development costs money whether or not it is seen through and any decisions they have made recently would've already been accounting for such things potentially occurring.

Believe it or not most people who play these games remain in blissful ignorance even to the existence of a 'competitive scene' or indeed any of us here at all. Some publishers even take steps to distance themselves from people like us for various reasons including these very happenings being discussed currently and pretend there is no interest in any competitive scene for their games even taking steps to stifle any that do exist.

While we're trying our best not to envy those aforementioned people let's sum up; if they were making your season 3 before they still are now, even if not, if you still want it I suggest not giving up. I on the other hand care very little so I'll just be leaving you to that.

E0TuKeVUcAMksr-
• turns out they wanted his belt to be a nunchaku holster in the back ? I kinda liked the holster in SC5 on the thigh
• Top left Maxi portrait looks like he has a Mallen Streak

Last edited:
E0TuR4QVUAMBzEE

Leftmost Maxi: I like the fur lining on his wrist bracers. The bright neon turquoise sash + dark indigo violet color scheme imo doesn't look good on him. SC3's darker teal sash suited him more.

Middle Maxi: Those tassels on the bottom of his jacket aren't good, but I see that they made the right and left pant legs different.

Nunchucks: Cool that they actually made them look different, with the leather strap weaved across the 2 batons.

Top Right Maxis: Scarf > Hood Maxi. They have the nunchucks also hanging on both thighs ? I dont know why those 2 designs make me think of the aesthetics Groh and Aval (same artist I get it)

Bottom Right Maxis: I prefer the rolled-up sleeve Maxi, maybe with the current SC6 color scheme. Nunchuks across the neck like a towel + Calf-Length pants (that look a little too modern for my tastes).

Overall seems like the chosen SC6 maxi design was the strongest of the concept and there isn't much that I'd prefer to have taken from the other concepts save for:
• asymmetrical design on the pant leg
• fur line bracers
• rolled-up sleeves rather than short sleeves with cuff.

Last edited:
Back