SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that Siegfried will be in the game, I heard to much info about him since summer (before the annoucement) and Nightmare seems to have a majority of his unique attack from SC3+. Even if it's Siegfried inside there will be a playable Siegfried.

Groh:
- easy to use, orthodox techniques
- short reach
- has a lot of moves out of 8wr, excels at fighting while avoiding vertical attacks (sounds like an enemy of raphael not kilik)
- separate saber stance, out of which he has fast continuous attacks and attacks that close the gap between him and the opponent
- from his SC transformation, he can teleport close to the opponent or in the air, can fight from any range

Pretty sure that Siegfried will be in the game, I heard to much info about him since summer (before the annoucement) and Nightmare seems to have a majority of his unique attack from SC3+. Even if it's Siegfried inside there will be a playable Siegfried.

That's when Zas revives Nightmare after Siegfried gets free will.

Xianghua's AABB in Soul Charge Mode is a full NCC where all 5 hits connect without the aid of a stun.
Xianghua's SCIV WS B is now 4A+B an it aGIs all horizontals. When aGIed Xianghua's Lethal Hit Triggers.

I am sure that Siegfried will be in the game. So there will be two versions of Siegfried, one is Nightmare (soul edge version) and the other is Siegfried (soul calibur version, possible SCIV version of Siegfried).

The interesting question would be how that impacts his movelist.

This incarnation of NM uses a lot of older moves, many of which date back to his SC1/SC2 version and have been made exclusive to Siegfried from SC3 on out or disappared from their movesets entirely.

This doesn't leave as many animation assets for Siegfried, provided that Namco actually stays true to their stated (?) intent of making sure there are no "clone" characters this time.

I find myself doubting they'd completely rework the movelist and stance-based gameplay, so what are we going to see here?

PS: Hoping for some of Strife's moves from the greatsword CaS moveset in SC3 personally.

Last edited:
Namco always said the same thing about clones in Tekken 7 and somehow we got over 3 flavors of Mishima, they said the same thing in V as well and we got 2 flavors of Pyrrha and 3 mimics.

Also Kayne is guessing, I have no idea why people think she got info, specially how short lived her Soul Calibur presence was in V, where she dropped the game less than a year in.

The interview+ leaks lead to believe we will be getting 26 characters, so at least one or two might be "clones" if you even can call Sieg and Nightmare that.

I'm going to assume the recolors are the 2P costumes because corners must be cut
While I don't know anything on that front yet, this game is apparently going to be retelling Soul Edge/Blade, II, and III along with SC1, so maybe they decided included outfits from other games would suffice in its place?
I doubt many people would complain if that is the case.

Why does Evil Seed Kilik summon fire when he grabs Xianghua?
Why does he heave energy tattoos / wild flowing hair (seems like visual tropes ala Necalli)
You'll notice his top clothing while he is staggering is still there, but after transformation it magically disappears. The trailer could, of course, not be continuous in terms of gameplay.
I hate to be that guy, but it's an old idea and design reference to a transformation in a manga/anime.
The idea that both Necalli and Kilik have with the transformation that gives them long, wild flowing hair and tattoo marking things came from a classic manga/anime back in the day you might have heard of called Yu Yu Hakusho.
Yusuke Urameshi (the main protagonist of it) would transform and get long wild hair and tattoo markings when he transformed into his demon form.
https://pm1.narvii.com/6308/112eb67f508e469ff49f53fa3a5425857cc1a7d9_hq.jpg

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...nyusuke.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171123113347

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/62/bd/dd/62bddd1e14d92bdae37c2f369e629672--yuyu-hakusho-form.jpg

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/009d17cd91ed7df30d110231db2a31b31383474317_full.jpg

As for what's going on with Siegfried.... like Hayate, I heard Siegfried's in the game. And given how the only old game that this game will cover where he didn't have his own dedicated character slot was on Soul Calibur II.... this game is still covering SE/B, SC1, and SCIII where he was his own character.
His SCIII character arc and redemption is something I highly doubt they're not going to retell.
And knowing that SCIII's Tira and Zasalamel are part of SCVI, it makes all the more sense to include Siegfried as himself as well on VI just because of III being retold as part of this game, if nothing else.

Last edited:
This doesn't leave as many animation assets for Siegfried, provided that Namco actually stays true to their stated (?) intent of making sure there are no "clone" characters this time.
By this logic there shouldn't be Nightmare, here should be Night Terror and Siegfried.

Nightmare:
It appears that when Nightmare successfully lands an armor move, his Soul Edge will go red. in that state, he can use SC-specific technique only once

Kilik:
- SC results in his transformation that will gradually eat his life bar.
- this is specific only to Kilik, no other character has this mechanic
- his transformation will continue until he is defeated, or he uses his CE
- Kilik's CE can be blocked, Devil Kilik's CE is UB
Do you know if Kilik's old 2A low attack is now his 4A? Wonkey said 4A is now is old spinning low, but that could be any move.

This screenshot from Famitsu is so gorgeous it makes me wish for a photo mode like in DOA5
5a691f7c11408.jpg

I can't help but wonder how Evil Kilik is going to work for CaS characters with his fighting style. Same with glowy Grøh, but to a lesser extent. I've honestly been kinda worried that we won't be able to make custom characters and instead only be able to make costumes for the main cast. I hope that's not the case and I'm just being paranoid.

I can't help but wonder how Evil Kilik is going to work for CaS characters with his fighting style. Same with glowy Grøh, but to a lesser extent. I've honestly been kinda worried that we won't be able to make custom characters and instead only be able to make costumes for the main cast. I hope that's not the case and I'm just being paranoid.
I am not worried about that, it’s like having nightmare without the claw
Kilik’s rage mode probably only changes his appearance and a CAS would be the same looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back