SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I wish that they brought back was the cool dodging animation when a character just barely sidestepped a vertical in SC2. Definitely added a lot of flair to the whole importance of movement.

Did you ever seem anything Maxi has worn, Maxi is not even a top dude.

Also, you seem to be giving way too many fucks, chill.

I'm sorry for being salty about bullshit leaks that should have never been spread in the first place. Cmon....seriously...One Piece? Seriously?

We had discussion about a One Piece character being genuinely considered as a legit character in Soul Calibur. Not even the poster boy of One Piece.

I'm just glad we had Geralt torpedo that rumor to oblivion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes may have deceived me but I thought I saw some of Ezio's moves in geralt's quick slashes. I'll do a relook.

The Witcher's chain mail doesn't seem to have bump maps to refract light to give it a 3d appearance
Chain Mail.jpg

It looks just like painted textures at the moment. I'm not an expert on these things, but it was very apparent to me.

Hopefully things get polished as we go. Hungry fans demand trailers, and I am in no way complaining (just pointing out the progression required at this stage of development).

The Witcher's chain mail doesn't seem to have bump maps to refract light to give it a 3d appearance
View attachment 48678
It looks just like painted textures at the moment. I'm not an expert on these things, but it was very apparent to me.

Hopefully things get polished as we go. Hungry fans demand trailers, and I am in no way complaining (just pointing out the progression required at this stage of development).

I noticed the same thing. these guys seem allergic to normal maps - They did receive official assets from CDPR, but who knows what they got.

Reactions: Ave
View attachment 48678

That's underwhelming for current gen hardware

View attachment 48678

I was trying to figure out what bugged me in the trailer! I also hope they get fixed, shave off some of Zasalamel's Towers of Terror and sprinkle them on Geralt's sandwich slices.

Have to admit it's extremely off putting to look at as the chain mail looks like it's printed making Gerald's armour look like some kind of cosplay knockoff.

I mean I knew from the getgo in december from the visuals that the game wasn't going to be a knockout.

But the art style in those stages and the effects brought the visual game up.

Unfortunately that chain mail and geralt's stage is a sort of step down.

Regardless I doubt this will be an issue for me on Ultra or high settings PC :)

The trailer, character and stage defi itely look unpolished and unfinished. Judging from how the game gets better at every new build, I'd say this will get cleaned up soon enough.

Hm. Not the best boxart of the series, that's for sure.
Also, I wonder if that fight scene between Mitsu and Geralt is in the intro. It'd make sense, since the other possibility is Geralt actually having some kind of role in the story which I can't imagine them doing. Or, rather, doing well.

Maybe those scenes would be like the Virtua Fighters in DoA’s story mode? Still going to feel completely random but it might mean we won’t get the storybook sketches.

search

1363680270904412588.jpg

Now the problem is that CDPR didn't do it that well themselves, then gave the assets to Bamco.

Saddens me that SCVI doesn't have material, face, and geometry detail like this. I know it has to be 60fps and all that, but The Witcher 3 has an open world and numerous NPCs to contend with.

Between this, Tekken 7, and MVCI, I'm not too big on UE4 as a fighting games engine. Maybe the teams at Namco and Capcom just aren't up to snuff to get the most out of it, but their proprietary engines last gen impressed me quite a bit more, given the hardware limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back