Soulcalibur V Tournament Videos from TGN 30

Masakarijin, who runs MASTERCUP which is a Tekken 5 on 5 tournament series, and who today became a member of 8WayRun, has added match videos to the Media section from the tournament that was held at Tokyo Game Night 30. You can find the videos, which are in 1080P, after the break.

I'm also looking forward to the tournament series which also kicked off at TGN 30 called Strike. Strike will also be holding a final tournament for Soulcalibur IV before moving onto holding events for Soulcalibur V.

MASTERCUP
Strike: Soulcalibur Grand Prix | Twitter | YouTube | Nico Nico
Tokyo Game Night

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we were usin 360s.
The 360 can be set to output D5 (1080p) and it upscales- no matter what the native resolution of the game is.
The YouTube resolution is the resolution of the recording, not necessarily the same as the screen output of the game.
SCV native resolution is D4 (720p) I think.

I got to see my mains in action so i will sleep well tonight! ^w^

Hilde, Maxi <3<3<3 ... Now, where is Talim?

Maybe it's just my imagination, but siegfried seems slower this time around.

On the other hand it seems like he hits significantly harder.

And I saw a move from sc3 I've been missing a lot...22_88 BB...Only this time I'm pretty sure the commands are different and possibly a move within a stance now?

Unfortunately I only got to see 1 move from NM that was new. The rest is same old stuff. His speed seems unchanged from sc4.

Voldo seems slower too, yet he also seems like he hits harder as well.

Overall the game isn't as fast as I would like it to be. Faster than sc4, but not by all that much. Sc3 was still faster by a long shot.

They need to tone down the visual flashes, or replace it with something less annoying and eye-hurting. It's far too distracting for a fast paced game like SC.

Maybe I missed it, but I swear I did NOT see a single GI. What's up with that? Is GI useless now or what?? I figured since it works on low,mids and highs with one button input, I would've seen it more often. Not to mention several times people had built up meter and did nothing with it, so why not GI??

Was this a serious tournament, or just people experimenting around?

i just realized how funny Pyrrha's grab is. when they both start falling the opponent is trying to struggle because they know what's coming so they're arms are flailing about.

The pushback on these characters is astronomical. I swear they better give close range characters some mobility, because blocking is not an option when the bigger doods (and Ivy, because she's a special doodette) can push you out so easily. I'm guessing you can still step these moves and the game is still early. But if it isn't...

The pushback on these characters is astronomical. I swear they better give close range characters some mobility, because blocking is not an option when the bigger doods (and Ivy, because she's a special doodette) can push you out so easily. I'm guessing you can still step these moves and the game is still early. But if it isn't...
Yeah and think about the guard damage that's being done when playing keep away. It eventually becomes big damage

yeah they should tone down the efects a lil bit, the characters are starting to look like super sayans, with all the yellow flashes and the weapon tracers also need to be a bit more transparent

Live streams

7 Viewers
TheLazyD
TheLazyD
My soul still baliburs
3 Viewers
CSpringer205
CSpringer205
Back from Frankenmuth + Zas Birthday Stream
1 Viewers
lilsurikata
lilsurikata
Surikata Style :P chill stream večer z gamezone Teplice 😊 zivy live chat na tik toku i zde nebo se pokusim 😅 GAMEZONE TEPLICE GAME (Název)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back