Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sadly don't think there is a way to get anything out of this :/
I don't even understand why they changed the character select screen now, and do they really plan to leave that middle empty, come on, put CAS there ffs...
Yeah, I don't think there's anything to get out of character positioning. I think it's pretty clear they've been very arbitrary with the design of it. Heck, we now know we had placeholder slots in the release build of the game.

It might be Hwang/Yun-Seong and Amy/Viola due to the positioning. Or two guests. I doubt Namco would make more new characters besides Groh and Azwel.

I doubt it's any other guests (for this season pass, at least), only because we were only told we'd be having one extra guest for the game besides Geralt.

Honestly having both Geralt and 2B has gathered so much attention that I think they have guests covered plentifully.

I wouldn't be surprised if they include a total of 4 guest characters which I'm quite okay with it, but I would like Hilde to be included as DLC if possible.

They really made it a point to mention but not show Hilde and Yun-Seong in Libra. Still going thru and screenshotting as needed for my personal considerations.

I was curious if they positioned the new character select screen in a way a full new row would fit, but I don't think they planned that. It would start to collide with the banner.
2b-character-select (0-00-00-00).png

She had a 3D model in Libra? Where?
I believe he's talking about this:
Face02D_503_R_Normal_00.png

That's a 2D portrait you see during Libra of Soul. Personally, I feel this portrait lowers her chances of making it than anything else. This does not look like a work-in-progress for a 3D model for her. This looks like the development team took her SC4 model, added the rose object from SC6's character creator, and added rest of the details by drawing over the picture.

I was curious if they positioned the new character select screen in a way a full new row would fit, but I don't think they planned that. It would start to collide with the banner.
View attachment 54401

I believe he's talking about this:
View attachment 54402
That's a 2D portrait you see during Libra of Soul. Personally, I feel this portrait lowers her chances of making it than anything else. This does not look like a work-in-progress for a 3D model for her. This looks like the development team took her SC4 model, added the rose object from SC6's character creator, and added rest of the details by drawing over the picture.

They can change it again though if they do decide to add more characters / have a season 2.

They can change it again though if they do decide to add more characters / have a season 2.
That's true, but I was curious if there was any indication they changed it in a way where they could easily add more slots beyond what we have. To be honest, I feel they've been awfully sloppy with the design of the character select screen. Questions like "Where should be the boss be placed?" and "How can we make sure we expand the select screen?" are questions they should have had answers for a year ago. That way they would have avoided issues like a corner slot forever being shown as blank when playing online and a blank centre slot not actually being in the centre.

Here's the whole roster so far.

roster.png

T.b.h, I'm a bit nervous to know exactly who they're planning to reveal after 2B.

Who are your best guesses regarding the 2 unrevealed characters ?

Here's the whole roster so far.

T.b.h, I'm a bit nervous to know exactly who they're planning to reveal after 2B.

Who are your best guesses regarding the 2 unrevealed characters ?
Lol what? What do you mean you know "exactly", why would you know that? xD

Lol what? What do you mean you know "exactly", why would you know that? xD
All we can do regarding the unreaveled characters is speculate for now, that's why I said 'exactly'.

We have no idea which SC characters or guests they're going to be.

Back