Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Honestly, I mostly hope for Hwang and Aeon/Lizardman. If only because it makes the most sense, as this game essentially is a retelling of SC1 with a bit of SC2 thrown in and Tira retconned in.

...let's be honest, knowing that Zasalamel can reincarnate, he may very well have been here from the very beginning.

Your hoping for NPCs.
And wishing for Amy and Cass isn't?

Let's be honest, Rock has zero chance since Astaroth has his moveset, Hilde would be, what, ten when SC1 is going down, so unless they make a new character for her moveset, her presence's unlikely, and V is pretty much nigh-universally hated for nearly killing the franchise, so I don't think Okubo would want anything to do with it. Also, what are the ACTUAL odds Setsuka would even make it in?

And wishing for Amy and Cass isn't?

Let's be honest, Rock has zero chance since Astaroth has his moveset, Hilde would be, what, ten when SC1 is going down, so unless they make a new character for her moveset, her presence's unlikely, and V is pretty much nigh-universally hated for nearly killing the franchise, so I don't think Okubo would want anything to do with it. Also, what are the ACTUAL odds Setsuka would even make it in?

Amy & Cassandra are also NPCs.

2018-10-20_1202.png

Citing a Hayate video (speculation) as a source doesn't really support your claim. It's as valid as anyone else's speculation.

And no, I've never said that Setsuka shouldn't be in the game, not sure where you're getting that from. It just doesn't seem reasonable that she would be. That's not the same thing. It would make far more sense to save Setsuka for the sequel, where her story can be properly and fully told, instead of just throwing her in just because, when there are other stories to be told, like Hwang and Amy, being the other halves of Seong Mi-na and Raphael, much like we had the pairings of Ivy and Cervantes / Siegfried and Nightmare. The only way I can see Setsuka or Hilde making it is if they don't have stories like Tira did. But that would be a disappointment.

@RagingGhost -- Tira's not a retcon, we just didn't see this part of her story in-game before. It was recorded history, however.

Then, shouldn't she be 13? I mean, SC6 is a retelling of SC1.
She would be 9 in 1583, and 16 in 1590. For the purposes of establishing a standardized look, as well as reusing assets, she looks more like 16 instead of 9. It's the same like Talim, who is appearing as 14, despite she would be 7 at the start of the timeline, her events don't happen until later in the timeline, so it's pointless to see her at the beginning of it. Tira's ends closer to the end, as well, so she looks like she would nearer the end. If Amy was on the roster, the playable form would be how she looks at the end, not her little orphan version.

Citing a Hayate video (speculation) as a source doesn't really support your claim. It's as valid as anyone else's speculation.

And no, I've never said that Setsuka shouldn't be in the game, not sure where you're getting that from. It just doesn't seem reasonable that she would be. That's not the same thing. It would make far more sense to save Setsuka for the sequel, where her story can be properly and fully told, instead of just throwing her in just because, when there are other stories to be told, like Hwang and Amy, being the other halves of Seong Mi-na and Raphael, much like we had the pairings of Ivy and Cervantes / Siegfried and Nightmare. The only way I can see Setsuka or Hilde making it is if they don't have stories like Tira did. But that would be a disappointment.

@RagingGhost -- Tira's not a retcon, we just didn't see this part of her story in-game before. It was recorded history, however.
Leave it man, just because of this guy I reeeeeealy want them to not include Setsuka now, damn that's annoying and childish.
If Amy and Hwang/ Cassandra aren't the 2 other DLC I would rather take 2 more guest to be honest.

She would be 9 in 1583, and 16 in 1590. For the purposes of establishing a standardized look, as well as reusing assets, she looks more like 16 instead of 9. It's the same like Talim, who is appearing as 14, despite she would be 7 at the start of the timeline, her events don't happen until later in the timeline, so it's pointless to see her at the beginning of it. Tira's ends closer to the end, as well, so she looks like she would nearer the end. If Amy was on the roster, the playable form would be how she looks at the end, not her little orphan version.

Yeah see that is something i never understood in all the months we've been going on with these debates on who makes the roster. People have been clinging to excuses about timelines, age and all that but hasnt it always been clear this game's this game's setting was a stretch of several years and not just one particular moment?

These seem like the most realistic options, but I'd add one more:

Group E) Namco has lost all marketing sense and one of the DLC characters is Edge Master. The reason why I'd add this as option is because Edge Master is listed as a selectable character and fighting style in the game code. But maybe he's a character they were considering to add but they changed their mind, or maybe his name was used as a sneaky placeholder for 2B.

Overall, I'd say B, C, and D (D probably being Setsuka and Hilde) are the most likely options. I don't think A is very likely (I think they planned Lizardman to be AI-only from the start).

And after the reveal of 2B (like most people, I didn't expect the first character reveal to be a guest), I think the possibility of group B is pretty strong. I don't like the idea of a season pass filled only with guest characters, but as long as Namco can make those deals, then it seems like a good business decision. I'm seeing a lot of people saying they're interested in SC6 only because of 2B, and the 2B trailer is the character trailer with the most views. I don't think any returning character announcement could garner this kind of excitement.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't take too long before the other characters are revealed. It looks like 2B started development around January, and if that's the case, then I think it's very possible we don't have to wait a long time for the other DLC characters. I think it's realistic they would have had the time to finish up most of the work on 3 DLC characters since January.

One last thing to add, in this interview Okubo said the season pass could include a returning character from IV or V: http://kayane.fr/2018/08/23/kayane-...h-motohiro-okubo-producer-on-soul-calibur-vi/

Okubo has been surprisingly willing to throw out hints in interviews, so this could be a strong hint we'll be getting characters from 4 and/or 5 in the season pass. If it's from 4, then it's Hilde or Amy (though I'm not sure if Namco sees SC3 or SC4 as the proper introduction of Amy). I have a hard time seeing them add anyone from SC5, but if they're doing that, then surely it's ZWEI or Viola.

don't forget okubo's dancing partner needed tweet for Raphael.

Well, maybe we'll get an announcement in a couple days. That will be two weeks since 2B.

they are releasing CaS stuff next supposedly, so might be a while for the next character reveal

Back