Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry, the most I'll accept is 1 mimic and even then I'd prefer a unique character if possible over one of them. The reason it was so noticeable and criticised in SCV was because there were legitimately 3 unnecessary mimics put in when we could have had so many other unique characters in the roster instead, such as Talim, Zasalamel, Yun-Seong, Cassandra, etc.

For me a concept of a Mimic, is like once you reach a point where you have some knowledge with every character in the game, you will pick this mimic for fun, while you don't have any idea on how he'll fight until the game start, that feeling is quiet interesting, unique and special, that you only get when you pick a Mimic character. Even tho a Mimic is not a "MUST BE in the game" for me, but it's a quite cool addition.

So that's why adding more than 1 mimic is just unnecessary and super nonsens in the end, and tbh it just feel like a lazy and cheap way to fulfill empty slots...

Also a mimic have to make sens on why he has expertise with each weapon and martial arts, Edgemaster is a good example of a good mimic in every aspects, and Mokujin in Tekken as well, But Kilik in SCV? not one bit, why not we'll give a Katana to Maxi and a Sword/shield to Tira and a Nunchuk and Jet kune do moves To astaroth while we're at it...

A really left field pick, but how about Zoro from One Piece as a guest? There is a new One piece game coming called World Seeker, he's a pretty popular character from a popular series, his swordstyle is unique and lends well to the stances direction that the game is taking.

It's pretty a 'out there' choice I must admit, but could be interesting if handled well and bring attention to the game which is the main point of guest characters.

Last edited:
Would you consider CaS as mimics? All they do is copy movesets from any one of the original cast.

If your answer is yes and one mimic is enough, then CaS shouldn't be in the game if I understand correctly.

Also what about bonus characters in SC4 like Shura who is basically a copy of Cervantes with extra reach and smaller hitbox; would they be considered mimics as well?

Last edited:
@franman No, its not. Mimic characters are those whose sole purpose is to use the movesets of various other characters while not having a default one. A CaS may pick the moveset of a playable character, but that moveset will still be the CaS' default.

What kind of comparison is that. lol
How could you and @jtdam09 not see the resemblance? What do "Mimic Characters", CaS and SC4 bonus characters have in common? they copy move sets from other characters. It's not rocket science just the actual definition of how "Mimic" is implied, and when you associate with "character" it simply suggests that this character imitates another character's move set in fighting games that's pretty much common sense.

How could you and @jtdam09 not see the resemblance? What do "Mimic Characters", CaS and SC4 bonus characters have in common? they copy move sets from other characters. It's not rocket science just the actual definition of how "Mimic" is implied, and when you associate with "character" it simply suggests that this character imitates another character's move set in fighting games that's pretty much common sense.

Well, Character Creation doesn't randomly mimic all styles, you can actually choose the style you'd like. It's more like creating a skin. You can't do that with mimic characters. The style is set to random, and you cant create the skin. Comparing Mimics to the Random button is more fair.

Also, casuals, or most players in general don't really love the creativity they can explore in Mimics as much as Character Creation. It's not as big of a selling point, shockingly.

They are completely different things. CaS use one moveset like every other character in the game. Mimics change movesets every single round.

Though if we don't get a mimic character we can still be okay with a mimic style for creation, no? Also with male and female options? Or maybe even a pick your own styles to swap through option? It doesn't affect the roster at all.

I personally don't have a problem with mimic being a style option for a CaS character. I wouldn't use it myself, but I don't think it would be anything negative for the game.

I would hope the leak isn't true.

But I sort of believe it if they are basing it from SC1 to, I'm assuming, the beginning of SC3. These are characters with pivotal points in the timeline, minus Z.W.E.I. and Viola, but I'm sure their case may be either for the styles or their need of a backstory. Maybe even both.

But Cassandra being excluded on the list makes it even more questionable.

That list is clearly no leak, but somebody's wishlist. It's like something I've seen from people constantly trying to make fake leaks of Nintendo Directs before the real thing went in a different direction. I'm expecting no one other than the original SC1 roster with a few newbies and maybe minus Siegfried.

Completely forgot about this, but in one of Raphael's endings, Amy meets Kilik and he cures her of her malfestation. I in general also kind of forgot that from the beginning Raphael's plot is entirely about Amy. So I feel like Amy does have a chance of making it into the main roster. She's just probably gonna look more like SC3 Amy than SC4 Amy.

Completely forgot about this, but in one of Raphael's endings, Amy meets Kilik and he cures her of her malfestation. I in general also kind of forgot that from the beginning Raphael's plot is entirely about Amy. So I feel like Amy does have a chance of making it into the main roster. She's just probably gonna look more like SC3 Amy than SC4 Amy.
I feel like if Kilik had cured Amy's malfestation that he could do the same for Raphael, really. Kind of curious why that was even a thing, having that power to just cure malfestation is kind of ridiculous. And I would say Raphael's plot became about Amy after the events of SoulCalibur II, because it was Amy who nursed Raphael back to health, and they formed a bond over that, or at the very least, Raphael developed an unhealthy attachment to her and sought to repay his debt by devoting his life to her. It is true that Amy helped Raphael escape from the soldiers in the SoulCalibur II opening, for inadequately explained reasons, but Raphael didn't even so much as mention Amy in all of SoulCalibur II. Soul Edge really screwed him over. But yes, taking Amy out of the story affects Raphael's outcome pretty strongly. If she doesn't help him get better, it's possible that Raphael just breaks down and goes full evil malfested at the end of SoulCalibur II and perhaps becomes the next Nightmare, albeit as a beacon of madness instead of the cool and collected tactician that he is in SoulCalibur V.

I feel like if Kilik had cured Amy's malfestation that he could do the same for Raphael, really. Kind of curious why that was even a thing, having that power to just cure malfestation is kind of ridiculous.
In Soulcalibur III, Kilik uses the Dvapara-Yuga in the Romanian Valley to bring people who have been infected with evil back to normal. So he was interfering with Raphael's plan to change the world for his foster daughter, Amy. But then Kilik was defeated by Zasalamel, and he lost his fragment of the Dvapara-Yuga during the battle.

I feel like if Kilik had cured Amy's malfestation that he could do the same for Raphael, really. Kind of curious why that was even a thing, having that power to just cure malfestation is kind of ridiculous. And I would say Raphael's plot became about Amy after the events of SoulCalibur II, because it was Amy who nursed Raphael back to health, and they formed a bond over that, or at the very least, Raphael developed an unhealthy attachment to her and sought to repay his debt by devoting his life to her. It is true that Amy helped Raphael escape from the soldiers in the SoulCalibur II opening, for inadequately explained reasons, but Raphael didn't even so much as mention Amy in all of SoulCalibur II. Soul Edge really screwed him over. But yes, taking Amy out of the story affects Raphael's outcome pretty strongly. If she doesn't help him get better, it's possible that Raphael just breaks down and goes full evil malfested at the end of SoulCalibur II and perhaps becomes the next Nightmare, albeit as a beacon of madness instead of the cool and collected tactician that he is in SoulCalibur V.
Raphael's story was already about Amy once he was introduced in SC2. She's the reason he went after the sword in the first place and got injured, so he already cared a lot about her to do that.

Bamco don't give a REAL alternative costume for her
tumblr_on368cxLux1u6n38po1_250.gif

Expectation:
latest

Reality:
5faa873fda6888b12494cec2c411fcfb.jpg

Last edited:
Tbh my favorite Amy costume is her SC3 one anyways so if she’s in hopefully they take inspiration from that. She’s never had a real 2P costume so I have no idea what to expect from that.

Back