Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Perhaps we have a spanish-speaking member who could help translate?

The 2 most important vgame webs in Spain (that gameplay video and another one) say the next about the demo:

- Reversal Edge: Sudden Rock/paper/scissors kinda moment to help newbies have some chance against pro players. Pro players are not gonna like it but they assume it won't be used in pro gaming.

- SCVI is really agile, it gives more importance to being tactical, side-stepping and finding a chance to punish the opponent rather than using infinite combos like in SCV.

- Its a re-interpretation of the story of SCI. Thats why we will see many chars from SCI and SCII and some from III. Also new ones and guest ones. But the main intention is to see the most classic and charismatic characters of SC shinning again.

-It reminds A LOT of the first installments of the saga cause 1 good hit might be more important that a whole long combo.

- Critical Edges are very easy to execute an hit (as in SCV), but they dont take as much life as in other fighting games. Still can't say if they can be comboed on air.

- New Mechanic: Soul Charge makes your weapon shine and hit harder for some seconds consuming 1 bar.

Vergeben just mentioned the number of character slots in the demo build aren't final and that we should expect just a bit more characters than SCV but nowhere over 30 in the roster. That would be basically all the characters from SC1, and then eight or nine more slots reserved for some characters from later titles + new characters.

Well thats good news. The way the select screen looked lead me to believe that they would need an artist to redesign it in order to add more character slots. Which I guess isn't out of the question, and gives me hope that the hud also isn't final

Here is my characters list

Must haves : 19

Nightmare
Siegfried
Sophitia
Kilik
Mitsurugi
Xianghua
Astaroth
Cervantes
Ivy
Maxi
Taki
Talim
Tira
Voldo
Yoshimitsu
Zasalamel
New character
New character
Guest character

Would like to see: 7
Setsuka
Hilde
Raphael or amy
Algol
Yun-Seong or Hwang
Natsu (With different fighting style)
3rd new character

Total: 26

I think the roster will be something like 26~27 and they want to get characters up to SC III but they want a lot from SC I- With the new info if I had to guess.

SCI
1-Sophitia
2-Mitsurugi
3-Kilik
4-Xian
5-Maxi
6-Nightmare
7-Sieg
8-Ivy
9-Cervy
10-Taki
11-Voldo
12- Astaroth (Maaaaaaaybe Rock, but they never really had much love for the guy)
13-Yoshi
14-Mina

SC II

15- Yun(Maybe Hwang with his style)
16- Raphael (Maybe Amy if they retcon her age a little bit)
17-Talim
18-Cassandra

SC III
19-Sas
20-Tira
21- Setsuka

New
22-Dual Blade
23- Parent (Whom if I had to guess, it is Hilde's father)
24- New Style
25- New Style
26- Guest
27- Mimic

(Aeon is really a wild card at the moment, but I don't doubt we see him back)

I just hope Setsuka makes it. If not at launch, then DLC please!!
giphy.gif

Well thats good news. The way the select screen looked lead me to believe that they would need an artist to redesign it in order to add more character slots. Which I guess isn't out of the question, and gives me hope that the hud also isn't final

Here is my characters list

Must haves : 19

Nightmare
Siegfried
Sophitia
Kilik
Mitsurugi
Xianghua
Astaroth
Cervantes
Ivy
Maxi
Taki
Talim
Tira
Voldo
Yoshimitsu
Zasalamel
New character
New character
Guest character

Would like to see: 7
Setsuka
Hilde
Raphael or amy
Algol
Yun-Seong or Hwang
Natsu (With different fighting style)
3rd new character

Total: 26
Why would Natsu be in the game before she was even born? Generally, this kind of time-travel stuff is reserved for fan-favorite characters, not characters like Natsu. Otherwise, pretty good.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure if the roster number according to this selection screen is official, but.....interesting.

soulcalibur6-dec2017-character-selection-screen.jpg

If it's based on that, I definitely don't see plenty of characters appearing. If I were to take a guess, besides Sophitia and Mitsurugi

Definite
Kilik
Xianghua
Maxi
Astaroth
Hwang, in order to revamp his/Yunseong's style.
Ivy
Cervantes
Nightmare
Taki
Voldo
Yoshimitsu
Aeon Calcos
Obligatory Guest Character
Obligatory Mimic bc Namco loves those (Edge Master)

Not Sure, but likely
Zasalamel
Raphael
Dampierre (DLC, again)
Seong Mi-Na, for the "loss" in the storyline.
Rock. Rivalry with Aeon Calcos.

As far as any potential "new characters"?

-George von Krone, to maintain Hilde's style. Also has importance in war and Evil Seed events.
-Shugen Kokonoe, to maintain Setsuka's style and leaving creativity for any storyline he might have before his death. Plus Setsuka would be too busy being Mitsurugi's fashionable jobber once again, so let's save her the misery this time.
-Salia Olschmidt. Leads Schwarzwind group during this storyline.

Last edited:
They already confirmed that characters from II and III are in it. And please, no more replacements.

As I already said, I really really hope that more characters are unlockable, and what we see is just the starting selection. But with the slots being empty... I don't know. Maybe if there will be unlockable characters, it'll just fill the slots you already see, like in the earlier games, rather than adding new slots to the screen...

I'm a little worried that the lack of mention of characters from SC4 means that Hilde won't get added. That'd be a shame. I wasn't that attached to her moveset but she had easily my favorite aesthetic in the series, being the only armor-clad woman to be introduced.
If she doesn't make the cut, hopefully a new female character will replace her as an armor-wearing warrior lady. Maybe Salia?
Please no

About Hilde, there was concept art of her as a teen from the SCNLOPS book:
Young Hilde.jpg

Even though i don't expect her to make it (at least not in the launch roster), it wouldn't be too shocking either if we end up getting a 14 y.o Hilde. As much as i like her (She was one of my mains in SC4 & SC5), i think they'll prioritize other characters over her and end up adding her as DLC if the demand is high.

–Alrighty,

So I've decided to start keeping track of roster predictions until release. My guesses are based on the absolute worst-case scenario (to keep expectations tempered and realistic), which means making the following assumptions:
  • The leaks are not (entirely) reliable. We've already seen that the source claiming a switch port was incorrect. I know other sources are more reliable as they've correctly predicted the dual blade newcomer, but for the sake of parsimony I will assume they're all wrong until proven otherwise.
  • Twenty (20) characters on release. Okubo has insisted that the current UI does not represent the final product, but for all we know those comments could be referring to DLC.
Again, keep in mind this is a worst-case scenario based solely on what little we know for sure. With that out of the way, here's a composite of people's predictions for the roster:

Calibur Guess Dec 2017.png

Confirmed - These characters are known to be in the game. Darth Maul is a placeholder graphic for the dual-blade newcomer.
  • Mitsurugi
  • Sophitia
  • Dual-Blade newcomer
Absolute Certainty - These characters have been in every numbered installment of the Soul Calibur series, as well as most spinoffs, and are crucial to its brand recognition. This list also includes a guest character since it's basically been confirmed by Okubo (Ezio graphic is a placeholder for the time being).
  • Ivy
  • Nightmare
  • Voldo
  • Maxi
  • Kilik
  • Astaroth
  • Cervantes
Fairly Certain - These characters are also staples of the series, are extremely popular, and play an important role in the story this game is known to tell. I included yoshi here and not above because he's missing in some spinoffs and he's technically a Tekken character before a SC character, although I'd say he's a staple at this point.
  • Taki
  • Xianghua
  • Yoshimitsu
Somewhat Likely - These characters are also very popular, appear in most games, and placed very high in the infamous Facebook poll. Their inclusion is primarily contingent on the scope of this reboot –that is to say, whether it will focus exclusively on the first game or also include parts of SC2 and 3. I've also included lizardman here (even though I personally think he's a staple and should be higher) because he placed relatively low in the popularity poll.
  • Siegfried
  • Raphael
  • Tira
  • Talim
  • Lizardman/Aeon
Long Shots - These characters have not been in most games, but are popular and unique enough to warrant their inclusion. For the time being there's only one spot in this category, and it was highly contested between many interesting characters with a ton of potential. However, given his apparent popularity, I've chosen to give the remaining roster spot to the following character for now:
  • Zasalamel
There are also characters like Hwang, Seung Mina, Rock, Cassandra, and Setsuka that are popular and would make sense with the limited knowledge of the game we have at this point, but I only had 20 slots to work with here and I've given priority to staples. I also know it's unrealistic to expect only one newcomer (especially with what we know from the leaks), but I needed some constraints to work with in the absence of data and I think the assumptions listed above make sense for now.

In my opinion both blue and green (along with Aeon and Siegfried) are pretty much guaranteed. In fact, if we do end up getting more than 20 characters I'd say all of these except for Zas are locks. It is my personal hope that 20 characters is just the base roster before unlocking the rest in story mode. However, I don't think it's an accident that they showed 20 slots. It is entirely possible that we get 20 characters on release and 8 as DLC, adding up to the alleged 28. At this point we have no way of knowing.

I'm open to comments and criticisms here. I intend to keep updating this as we learn more about the game.

View attachment 47738

Even though i don't expect her to make it (at least not in the launch roster), it wouldn't be too shocking either if we end up getting a 14 y.o Hilde. As much as i like her (She was one of my mains in SC4 & SC5), i think they'll prioritize other characters over her and end up adding her as DLC if the demand is high.
This design contrasts so much with Amy's it is kinda of amazing really, if Hilde does come back, even if not as a teenager, I wouldn't be mad about those.

View attachment 47738

This what really worries me. I didn't want to pay to play as one of my main characters but now even DLC seems unlikely. They should have include her just for having a unique style&mechanics imho.(not to mention she has one of best character design & personality as well)
SC4 had the best roster in all of SC series.

Back