Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
...if she's back, do you want her as a brunette or a blonde ? I imagine her as a brunette, but with her blue eyes from SCIV. She will be amazing like this.
I like her SoulCalibur III 2p costume best, blonde with long hair, stylish clothes, but also without showing too much skin, just enough I think.

In one way, I'm glad people still seem to think the base roster is 20 characters. It lets you know which "leaks" are bullshit.
That one is actually using the extended square beyond the circle 24/25 slot model depending on using the center slot or not, though.

Calling it now, PS knows Taki is the most anticipated returnee and they're saving her for E3.

Hi guys, here's my character select roster for Soul Calibur VI! I hope that we'll have at least two more newcomers and the characters that they introduced in SC2, SC3 and SC4 will also returned like Raphael, Talim, Cassandra, Tira, Setsuka, Hilde (Zasalamel already confirmed)! I also think that it will be a submenu for some bonus characters or DLC characters if the character select menu has fewer slots! So, what do you think?

Backgrounds.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, here's my character select roster for Soul Calibur VI! I hope that we'll have at least two more newcomers and the characters that they introduced in SC2, SC3 and SC4 will also returned like Raphael, Talim, Cassandra, Tira, Setsuka, Hilde (Zasalamel already confirmed)! I also think that it will be a submenu for some bonus characters or DLC characters if the character select menu has fewer slots! So, what do you think?

View attachment 48904
I really hope for you that you temper your expectations, first of all, the number of characters sugggested here is way too big realistically for a base roster, it should probably be trimmed down by at least 4-6 characters, also, Hilde, Aeon, Rock, Hwang, Seong Mi-na, all together? not-a-chance, just 1 out of these 5 alone is VERY unlikely already.
if I had to come up with what I think the playable roster of characters will be in SCVI, I would think it should look something along the lines of this :
top row : Siegfried, Zasalamel, Nightmare
second row : Xianghua, Talim, Sophitia, Cassandra, Tira
third row : Maxi, Kilik, CaS spot, Groh, Astaroth
fourth row : Taki, Mitsurugi, Geralt, Cervantes, Ivy
fifth row : Yoshimitsu (a maybe), Newcomer, Voldo, Newcomer, Raphael (a maybe)

DLC : 3 guest characters.

Last edited:
I still need to update this image at some point, maybe tonight when I'm at work, to make Zasalamel, Ivy, Siegfried, and Taki purple, and fill in Geralt's name, but I still kind of want to wait and see a new build before I do, to add or remove credence to my prediction, since mine isn't just about who is there, but also why each character is exactly in which spot they are. There's a couple reasons why it could be wrong, because it's possible that the middle spot will either be Bonus Characters (ala SoulCalibur III) or DLC (which are orange), perhaps both, though mayyybe it could be custom characters, I doubt it based on symmetry and previous games in the series. Either way, yeah, still holding firm on my January prediction until proven wrong:

tPt3Vhg.png

Some of you guys seem to be really optimistic about DLC characters, I wouldn't hold on to these predictions if I were you, you don't want to get disappointed, do you? you're better off with realistic expectations.
also, even if by some crazy chance we'll actually get returning veterans instead of guest characters as DLC, I don't see it going anywhere above 3 characters, I imagine if that scenario was to happen, we'll probably just get 3 popular NPC characters from the story.

I'm also going to update the predictions I made in this post: https://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcal...-speculation-thread.19677/page-19#post-728141

CONFIRMED
100% GUARANTEED
MY PREDICTION
MY IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
  1. Mitsurugi
  2. Sophitia
  3. Kilik
  4. Xianghua
  5. Nightmare
  6. Groh
  7. Ivy
  8. Zasalamel
  9. Geralt
  10. Siegfried
  11. Taki
  12. Maxi
  13. Astaroth
  14. Voldo
  15. Cervantes
  16. Yoshimitsu
  17. Edgemaster
  18. Seung Mina
  19. Hwang
  20. Rock
  21. Lizardman
  22. Tira
  23. Raphael
  24. Cassandra
  25. (new - female)
DLC
  1. Guest Character 1 (2B)
  2. Guest Character 2 (Goro Majima's non-union samurai equivalent from Yakuza Ishin)
So far, most of the roster reveals have been pretty obvious. But I did predict Geralt and Zasalamel, which I'm pleased about. Still not expecting very much DLC.

There are like, 34 unique fighting styles in this entire series, add Groh, his papi, and Geralt, that's 37. I don't see why we can't just get like 25~28 characters at launch and the remaining 10~13 as DLC. Divided into season passes, they can experiment and see if the first one sells, continue. This series can benefit from it's short amount of unique fighting styles, especially if they want to achieve longevity.

I don't see why we can't just get like 25~28 characters at launch and the remaining 10~13 as DLC
It's not that they can't. It's just that plannings tons of DLC for a niche game doesn't make much financial sense.

Remember that Tekken is their more successful fighting series, and far more popular than SC among competitive players. And yet Tekken 7 only got three DLC characters.

It's not that they can't. It's just that plannings tons of DLC for a niche game doesn't make much financial sense.

Remember that Tekken is their more successful fighting series, and far more popular than SC among competitive players. And yet Tekken 7 only got three DLC characters.
They don't have to start developing all those characters right away though. We're guaranteed to get DLC characters, and if the first season pass (let's say 5 characters) sells well, then they can start developing season 2 (the other 5).

Or they could just sell CAS parts, which are cheaper to develop. Just sell swimsuits, school uniforms and maid outfits. Easy money.

I'd love to be wrong, but the fighting games that get lots of DLC characters are typically the ones with strong competitive scenes. And Namco seems to view SC as a game for casuals. Why would casual players want to pay $8 to play as Li Long, when they can just make Goku in CAS? (And then put Goku in a maid outfit? [That'll be $3 please.])

I'm also going to update the predictions I made in this post: https://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcal...-speculation-thread.19677/page-19#post-728141

CONFIRMED
100% GUARANTEED
MY PREDICTION
MY IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
  1. Mitsurugi
  2. Sophitia
  3. Kilik
  4. Xianghua
  5. Nightmare
  6. Groh
  7. Ivy
  8. Zasalamel
  9. Geralt
  10. Siegfried
  11. Taki
  12. Maxi
  13. Astaroth
  14. Voldo
  15. Cervantes
  16. Yoshimitsu
  17. Edgemaster
  18. Seung Mina
  19. Hwang
  20. Rock
  21. Lizardman
  22. Tira
  23. Raphael
  24. Cassandra
  25. (new - female)
DLC
  1. Guest Character 1 (2B)
  2. Guest Character 2 (Goro Majima's non-union samurai equivalent from Yakuza Ishin)
So far, most of the roster reveals have been pretty obvious. But I did predict Geralt and Zasalamel, which I'm pleased about. Still not expecting very much DLC.
Where’s Talim?

Back