Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
A thing to consider is if the Season Pass is indeed full of cut characters or undesirables....then they won't tell you until after the game has launched like tekken 7.

It's pretty difficult to get refunded on digital season passes on console. By withholding the information and making it seem like we get waifus like Tira, they get more sales potentially.

And reactions if Lizzy got the same treatment?
Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I'd be 100% ok with him sharing moves with Sophie with a few of his own moves mixed in like his headbutt. If he was essentially SC2 Lizzy, i would be completely happy. Though I'd prefer his SC4 incarnation.

And reactions if Lizzy got the same treatment?

I'd be upset. The main cast is better than they've ever been. Giving each character more strings and their own gimmicks has been great for diversifying each character. It's the kind of treatment I'd like to see every series mainstay get, even if it means them being DLC. A near-clone Lizardman isn't worth having in a game like this. He deserves the Seong Mi-Na treatment.

Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I'd be 100% ok with him sharing moves with Sophie with a few of his own moves mixed in like his headbutt. If he was essentially SC2 Lizzy, i would be completely happy. Though I'd prefer his SC4 incarnation.

I'd be upset. The main cast is better than they've ever been. Giving each character more strings and their own gimmicks has been great for diversifying each character. It's the kind of treatment I'd like to see every series mainstay get, even if it means them being DLC. A near-clone Lizardman isn't worth having in a game like this. He deserves the Seong Mi-Na treatment.

Difference is that Mi-na always had her Zanbatou ever since Soul Blade. Rock was the original Giant Ax guy till Astaroth happened in SC1 and later got a mace in SCIII & IV. Very little effort was put into Rock when he got the mace when his moveset is similar to Astaroth's but worse. Aeon(Lizardman) was a Sword & Shield clone of Sophitia, but not as diverse as Cassandra till he got a hand axe in SCIII & IV. Effort was put in to make Mi-na & Aeon to make them different than Kilik & Sophitia.

I think it would be best for the series if each s1dlc had a unique fighting style. I think cass would be best with amy and hwang/yun in season 2.

I'm gonna want my main and that's ok. The whole "unique weapons come first" thing doesn't matter that much to me when you've now got 3 Zweihander fighters.
Everyone keeps saying that so and so should be season 2 when that's not even a certainty. There may be no season 2 and this may be the last SoulCalibur game if we're unlucky. I'm gonna want and ask for my main.

Inferno being the way she is, really confuses me. I would rather have clones of other characters than of nightmare. Hwang, Rock, Aeon, Cass, Amy, even LI LONG. Just... why...

Back