Soulcalibur VI Petition

Do you support an update for SCV and/or SC6?

• Yes

Votes: 249 97.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
Hey guys. So, after looking at all the updates and releases they have been doing for Tekken, DOA, SF, Smash, Lost Swords, etc, I figured that it's about time WE (the main SCV make) get something as well. They have time to create swimsuits and thongs for Pyrrha, they should have time to put DLC characters or patches as well.

With that said, I would like to get the entirety of what's known as the Soulcalibur community and tweet to @hoshino_calibur, @Harada_TEKKEN, @JKartje or Namco for a patch, update, or DLC to the mainstream game. We deserve some support as well. I know the French, German, and Japanese community are willing to support this too once this "movement" gets started. You can tweet for a whole new game if you want, the point of this is to speak up for something, unless you're all ok with letting Lost Swords have everything.

Namco can ignore a few people, even a handful, but they can't ignore an entire community across countries reaching out to them for this. Will you guys support this?

1. not a girl
2. i dont mind your opinion on the matter, i'm just saying "smdh" is not helping you, but thats more or less nit picking
That was a part of a quote from the TV show Game of Thrones during an intellectual conversation between Arya and Tywin (I say TV show because that particular scene does not occur in the books).

Last edited:
Truth of the matter is this late in game we really need to just let SC5 be what is. What we need is a complete SC6. I like SC5 but I don't think its worth patching a game that only a select few will play.

With SC6 it would be a new game and much more people would play. If it is made right it could have a long lifespan and even be an official game at EVO for at least 2 years. With SC5, the game fell off so fast. One EVO and then the majority of people seemed to move on. Part of that is on the community and the other part is on Namco for making a very incomplete SC5.

For SC6 they should bring back all the characters they got rid of. For all the characters that got replacements such as Taki and Xianghua, they should use skins and separate voices so fans of the old characters can still use them. Bring back old moves from previous iterations of the characters. Fine tune the balance of the game. Bring back team battle mode, great for casual fans and also practical for side tournaments.

As much as I would LOVE an update to SCV, it is way too late for that to happen. They should have made an update a while ago.

Clearly they have Lost Swords on their mind more, so planning on SCVI would be my preferred choice.

SCVI? Yes.

Super SCV? No.

I'd say yes if this was a year and a half ago, but releasing a "super edition" of an incomplete game about 3 years after the original release and making people pay full price to finally see the real SC game that they petitioned for?

Nay I say. Put full resources into the next SC game rather than trying to revive a dead horse.

me? I think a new sc is a great idea, but i think the petition is not enough, I suggest that we think of something online like.. I don't know filling the global rooms to the top or something and reporting it in the forums?

Unfortunately, I don't think Namco is interested in making a game for old and new generations...so when they do make a SCVI, it will DEFINATELY only be for 4's & ones...the thing is they won't release a 6 until enough consoles have been sold and are on networks. This is so supply and demand stay friendly. There was 4years between 4 and 5, and that was on the same console!

yep. Maybe we just have to wait, until the ps4 and xbox one are old enough to have a better sc , after all we have evidence in the changes in the character bios of the official site that things are not going to be the same. still this petition is a great way to make them know fans do exist, and if the numbers are enough might even catch their interest and recognize they have to invest more in this franchise.

Haven't had time yet but want to read all the previous replies.

It's too late and Namco's done w/SCV.
If anything a new game (if they think there's $ to be made- if they do it right I'd think they would make $ on it).

And ya, this time put Talim in it!

Well I was going to say a bunch of shit to the people arguing on both sides (casuals and competitive) but fuck it. The fact of the matter is one of our beloved members here (well I love the guy) went and spoke to Harada at a recent Tekken tournament (kind of makes me think twice about loving him) and it went something like this.

Member: Hey Harada, Calibur? EVER?

Harada: I wouldn't hold your breath.

So yeah, learn to love what we have people or just go away. I for one know this won't happen so I'm slowly but surely just fading away from it all thanks to Namco and thanks to the ignorant ones who can never be happy with what we have and overall just make this a negative environment.

I bid you all a good day.

P.S.

I would like to say though that I do support people reaching out and letting Namco know we're still here and by no means am I shitting on anyone's efforts. So carry on and I wish the best of luck to you all.

SC 1 and 2 were the last great games. If Namco can make another Soul Calibur with the feel of 1 and 2, I'm sure the game will take off. Beta test it correctly, take the time to test out glitches, and release a quality product. Keep the online netcode the way it is. Problem solved.

Live streams

5 Viewers
duskybook342150
duskybook342150
💙🙃💋 adult content [18+] and 420 friendly, 🎙️mic optional
1 Viewers
blue_beards_ultimate_time
blue_beards_ultimate_time
CAN YOU STOP THE EVIL BLUE BEARD MY VIEWERS GIVE IT YOUR BEST AND HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 Viewers
MrWahve
MrWahve
Streaming because I'm bored

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member