SOULCALIBUR VI v1.02 Patch Notes Revealed!

• Admin
Scheduled for release tomorrow on PS4, and later in the week for Xbox One and PC/Steam, the first post-release patch for SOULCALIBUR VI has been revealed. These patch notes are being taken from the Japanese Soul Archive; so bear with us for the translation:
  • Voldo and Tira Soul Gauge bugs have been fixed. They will no longer be able to use Soul Gauge techniques before they actually have the required amount of meter.
  • Adjusted the tracking of Geralt's and Tira's unblockables. Not quite sure what this one means, but it is assumed to be an adjustment to their ability to tech trap.
In addition to the above changes, there is also a fix to the rankings display for the PC/Steam version of the game. Again, we don't really know what this means.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I'm awaiting the traditional button mapping options (where you can have more than 1 button assigned to an input).

I think they took that away on purpose. Mapping multiple buttons is somewhat of a soft cheat. I kinda miss it too though.

To make Siegfried's agAi easier?
no I like having both my shoulder buttons as guard. Habit I picked up from smash brothers and I feel more comfortable with it.

And even if somehow that makes aGA easier, the game should be balanced based on that level of execution, not based on some handicapped button layout.

I haven't seen anyone discuss the possible game-breaking bugs that would come from multiple inputs, and assigning specific buttons to something like A+G or B+G is strange to me when you can just hit 2 buttons for that specific command.

Multi map is gone to prevent another Hilde nightmare. Multi button map is there to support pad players that cannot hit diagonal buttons without either the former or latter. Since the former was game breaking, we have the latter. You also don’t want people doing piano inputs to get just frames... I would abuse that all day.

I must be out of it:

1) Hilde was a nightmare because of charge glitches and not because SC4 was a ringout monster ? Did something happen in SC5 I wasn't aware of ?

2) Its pretty hard to reason when you balance the properties of just frame (slide input or otherwise) on the basis that you intentionally don't plan for people to be able to do it regularly. That just seems ass-backwards.

I get you're explaining a possibility, rather than justifying so its not a personal attack on you as an individual.

no I like having both my shoulder buttons as guard. Habit I picked up from smash brothers and I feel more comfortable with it.

And even if somehow that makes aGA easier, the game should be balanced based on that level of execution, not based on some handicapped button layout.

I haven't seen anyone discuss the possible game-breaking bugs that would come from multiple inputs, and assigning specific buttons to something like A+G or B+G is strange to me when you can just hit 2 buttons for that specific command.

For this new SC, I have switched to a fight stick, so needing one button to do two things isn't really and issue anymore, but when I used pad in the previous games they were a life saver. I still can't do B+G on pad without it being the shoulder button.

Live streams

7 Viewers
Deyzuna_
Deyzuna_
Hey! Some Soulcal til PoE Necropolis League :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back