Strategy/Playstyle Discussion + general Q&A

Hey guys Engared tells me you NM users all like to help eachother out quiet alot (wish seig was the same). Since We haven't posted any clips on youtube lately you wont have been able to tell but in case you wanted to know take this from me, Engared has gotten a Shitload better and I think he has some of you to thank for that :). BD probs helped a little too haha

Wow Izaak. Thats so sweet. How much do i have to pay you for that compliment lol. The NM community is great though. Tiamat's guide is arguably the best guide in the whole of 8way and maybe even the best amongst other fighting games. He should write strategy guides lol. Everyone also helps everyone out as well, no matter how bad.

So what's the frames on 11K on block? People keep using this as a frame trap on me online, was wondering if it really is a frametrap or is it maybe neutral or small negative frames?

a teched FC throw gives a +5 frames advantage for nightmare
follow it with a 6A, aga, 3AA or 3A2A and you can easily convert a teched throw into a RO

if your opponent tech a FC A+G or FC B+G (he has to be standing guard, coz crouching guard will block nightmare's FC throws)
nightmare still got the upper hand with +5 frame advantage

for standing throws, the advantages and pushback varies with the speed of the tech (fast, normal and slow)
not as interesting as a teched FC throw

Engared said:
Hey bud, sorry to bother but ill like to know how does a nightmare go about fighting Ivy. Cause there are very few match videos of good ivys fighting good nightmares, so i was wondering if you could share some insight on the matchup.

Just for you:

Keev Vs Malek : 5-3

I cant' say if we are good nightmare and good ivy player but anyway. That's one of our FT5.
Keev won, so I hope you will find some way to defeat Davo with Night (!!!).
I'm still waitong for some explanation from Keev on this match-up. I will post as soon as I know something.

One more FT5 from Keev for Nightmare players.

Ahriman Vs Keev : 2-5

1A: if it's blocked what SHOULD you do ?
what i would do: OH NO IT'S BLOCKED ! i try to throw random GS A

are there any mixups for just plain 1A ?

also is 1[A]6 GS > grab better than 1[A] > run up to the and grab ?
at what ranges ?

maybe close range 1[A]6 > grab is better since opponent is in range without stepping forward

thanks .

EDIT : post NSS [A] > NSS K combo usually i just run up or do 33B6 or pressure with iaGa , what would you do ? sorry if i ask about too much . just very curious since my nightmare is noob =\

1A punishment: WELL, if 1A is blocked you are punished. If not then you should stop playing because: 1.It's too laggy for good play. Or 2. Your opponent is not really worth your time.

Post 1[A]: Uh, they're both ok. GS mixup can be interrupted way more easily but is harder to react to and allows you to do 2A+G for oki/RO and maybe maybe WR B for good damage, while standing mixup is safer and A+G wakes are great, too.

NSS [A] NSS K: I personally like 2A+B AT wakes, I dunno about y'all. I see Silentwall doing the 3B techtrap sometimes.

PROTIP: I AM MORE SUCK THAN YOU (dun listen to me)

Just for you:

Keev Vs Malek : 5-3

I cant' say if we are good nightmare and good ivy player but anyway. That's one of our FT5.
Keev won, so I hope you will find some way to defeat Davo with Night (!!!).
I'm still waitong for some explanation from Keev on this match-up. I will post as soon as I know something.

One more FT5 from Keev for Nightmare players.

Ahriman Vs Keev : 2-5

Thanks bud. Great fights. This will help alot haha.

I am not sure i understood the question, so i am just gonna point out some facts

Only the second hit of a combo give the opportunity to air control
In this case:
- u cant air control before the GS B and its a ground hit anyway
- 66K6, GS A works too as a combo and no air control either because of the spin motion (gives a RO/wall splat opportunity)
- 66K6, GS KK doesnt hit

Back
Top Bottom