Summer Jam 5 Official Results

Summer Jam 2011 is now over! Woahhzz from Philadelphia takes the singles event in a stunning runback against Mick in Grand Finals! Team "Nothing-Common", aka "Team lolo and 2 scrubs) takes the teams event. This was a huge tournament with a great turn out, and we're hoping that North East Championship 2011 can be even bigger on December 4/5!

Videos will be uploaded throughout the week.

SC4 Teams: (11 teams)

1: Nothing-Common (Woahhzz, Ramon, lolo)
2: Broken (Mick, RTD, thugish_pond)
3: The Three Amigos (OOFMATIC, Eli123s, Partisan)
4: MTB (MTFighter, Human Typhoon, BlackMamba)
5: Upset (LostProvidence, Hawkeye, KrayzieCD)
5: EEEHHHHH!!! (Goofus, Nightblade, Lasercakes)
7: WashedUp and Random (BrewtusBibulus, Jaxel, KidDZaster)
7: Scrubs (PhoenixIvan, ZeroEffect, Saion)
9: Hanbark (Alucard, Hanbark, OneEye)
9: Philly (FightClubHuBBs, Sporko, Malice)
9: ACHookers + Jian (Rekki, OmegaXCN, Jian)

SC4 Singles: (41 entrants)

1: Woahhzz
2: Mick
3: Thugish Pond
4: lolo
5: MTFighter
5: Fundraiser (LostProvidence)
7: Unidentified26128 (MaxxDreamkiller)
7: RTD
9: NDK
9: Partisan
9: KDZ
9: Oofmatic
13: JustKill
13: Rekki
13: Sporko
13: HumanTyphoon
17: Last Dragon
17: Lowsweep
17: Saion
17: BlackmambaMoan
17: Hawkeye
17: Eli123s
17: Sephalump
17: Ramon
25: Malice
25: Goofus
25: Bibulus
25: Hubbs
25: Gr8 ONe
25: Kikaleek
25: Syphon
25: ZeroEffect
33: Lasercakes
33: Honkey Kong
33: JRWR7
33: Jaxel
33: Jian
33: Mark
33: Patrick Jones
33: Arctic Komodo
33: OmegaXCN

Old School Vs New School:

Old School: BrewtusBibulus, KrayzieCD, MTFighter, Goofus, RTD, Jaxel, thugish_pond, Mick
New School: Partisan, MaxxDreamkiller, LostProvidence, NDK, lolo, Kikaleek, Woahhzz, Ramon

New School wins 8-7

Battlelog:

Partisan (Cassandra) defeats Bibulus (Voldo)
Dreamkiller (Amy) defeats KrayzieCD (Mitsurugi)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats LostProvidence (Setsuka)
NDK (Voldo) defeats Goofus (Voldo)
lolo (Yoshimitsu) defeats RTD (Apprentice)
Kikaleek (Yoshimitsu) defeats Jaxel (Talim)
Woahhzz (Mitsurugi) defeats thugish_pond (Amy)
Ramon (Sophitia) defeats Mick (Xianghua)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Partisan (Cassandra)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Dreamkiller (Amy)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats NDK (Voldo)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats lolo (Yoshimitsu)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Kikaleek (Yoshimitsu)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Woahhzz (Mitsurugi)
Ramon (Sophitia) defeats MTFighter (Xianghua)

BracketSummerJam5.gif
TeamsBracketSJ5.gif

Props part 1:

Static - It was cool to finally meet you in person. We didn't get to play as much as I wanted but it's cool, we'll definitely get the chance in the future. Thank you soooo much for helping the Canadians and me out with the housing situation, you made this trip a whole lot easier for us (especially me). Hope you had a good time, and I'll hopefully see you at T12 or NEC later this year! Fuck splitscreen CoD 2

Sephalump - Yooo! Nice to meet you in person. At first we didn't talk much, but as the weekend progressed and everyone opened up a bit more we started to hang out quite a bit. It was mad cool talking/hanging out with/and playing with you for the past few days! Hope to see you at one of the upcoming tournies, you were one of the coolest guys there and have A LOT of potential as a player!

Woahhzz - Good to see you again, and congrats on taking the singles tourney and teams! I really enjoyed our matches in casuals but it's a shame we didn't get to play more, hopefully that will be different at NEC!

Ramon - YO. Good to see you again! It's always a good time when you're around. I can't think of a time I wasn't smiling or laughing like a little girl when you were nearby. Good stuff in the old vs new school battle and GGs in the few matches we had! I still have problems vs Sophie in general but I think I did pretty well this time around. I'll keep up my practice routine (not playing the game at home) so I can start WINNING next time! See you at NEC or maybe T12. It was nice meeting Brittany too!

DK - Yoo. Good to see you again! It was fun hanging out this past weekend. We didn't get to play at all unfortunately, but there's always the next event!
PS - I'm still eating those colossal sliders, and rebuilding my roof with those hash browns

MTFighter - Nice meeting you! Good shit in...well pretty much everything lol. I was really impressed by your X/Soph and your playing in general, especially considering you haven't been that active with the game for the past few months (as far as I know). Thanks for the compliments on my Cassy! I'll see what I can do to put up a better fight at the next tourney we are both at :D

MORE TO COME.

Edit:

PS - We're having a tournament in Toronto, Canada on the September 24th weekend. http://8wayrun.com/threads/sep-24-2011-t12-toronto-fighting-game-championships-toronto-on.7699/

If you have any interest in attending please hit up that announcement thread so we can build up as much hype as possible! If you have any questions be sure to hit up Neorussel or myself.

Good games everyone. I'm too lazy these days to write up individual props to everyone, but I'll say this..

You guys are like a family to me. I fucking love all of you. I can't wait until you guys meet my son in the future, and together with RTD's son Kai, they will start kicking all of your asses in SC! ;)

Let's make SC5 the greatest era the SC community has ever experienced! HYPE!

Congratulation Whoaaaz, Ivy take it again that's NICE !

Grats to all other players, and particularly to MTFighter and lolo.

Ramon, what's happened in the solo ?

This was by far my best tournament, in fun factor and performance, I finally made my point with Yoshi, in short and mid range, he is super dangerous, and yes, like I said 2 years ago, Yoshi vs Ivy, is 7-3 for Ivy, lol.
This was my third tournament, I level up like 10 levels in every tournament, next time I will be unstoppable.

I don't know if I can make it to another tournament for SC4, international traveling is so freaking expensive, over 400 dollars each time, so far Philly has been a good option since I can visit my sister after the tournament, damn, I want NEC!!!

Woahhzz: It's always cool to hang around with you, you are getting to a mad level, I can only imagine how you will play when you get the confidence that you should.

Mick: You are always adapting in this game, you are the Amy raper, that's it, I was shy to use my X while you were around, but I was kicking some asses with my X too. I'm still learning from you, so any advises will be more than welcome, cause I know you saw my flaws like no one else.

RTD: Amigo, you are always nice, and you enjoy the game like a few players does, I still remember what you said in NEC last year, perfect defense, those are the things that I tried to apply along with my disruptive offense.

KrazieCD: Nice meeting you man, I'm a fan of the old school players, since I'm really old school, but I wasn't able to travel at that time, I could only dream watching your vids.

DK: Tu no fuiste a jugar, fuiste a emborracharte man, como siempre gracias por todo, me la pase increible.

Ramon: Hermano, you are an integral part of any tournament, as a player and as friend to anyone who is there.

MTFighter: You came from less to more, tough I think you were sandbagging me in casuals, cause in the tournament, damn, I wasn't expecting you to play like you did, after all the beatdowns in casuals people usually is scared and make my work easier, but that wasn't the case with you, your performance was stronger than ever, you are like a stone golem.

Canadians: Crazy crew, you are so funny, specially Page. Partisan, you have talent, but as well as Eli, you both get so nervous, this was my third tournament and I finally get rid off the nerves and did it great, I'm sure when you can do that, you will be more awesome.

Bibulus: You said now you are a fan of me, I've been a fan of yours from some time now :), the way you play Voldo, is not about winning, is about having fun with the most fun char in the game, show me, I want a freak show using Voldo and Yoshi.

LP: We didn't get to play, but that Sets was scary, funny shit all the time with you.

OmegaXCN: Are you the official Soul Calibur commentator?... If not you should, that's your thing man.

Hawkeye: Finally we got to play, best Taki in America, period.

Thugish: You damn robot calibur player, what would be a tournamet like this without a tough boss like you.

Oof: You still kicking asses with Vader, I'm sure you would have made it better if you haven't faced your apprentice, your play style is tough to read.

NDK: With a little more confidence, you are gonna shine, keep it up with those great chars.

Zephalump: You showed so much talent, don't worry, your nerves will dissapear with more experience, you'll see, and welcome to this great community.

Greatone: Nice meeting you again, you are always funny.

Sweets: I remember those early matches online, nice to meet you.

Hawkeye: Finally we got to play, best Taki in America, period.

I really do appreciate your Compliment, and it was a great to finally play you OFFLINE..Lol. I enjoyed watching your matches and THX FOR THE TEQUILA!!!

Props Later.

Malek i was struggling all day! if i would of done the MM with mick it would of been sad also! next time i PROMISE not to dissapoint!

Reactions: LP
Ugh i dunno about shout outs =\
I know i love u all. Too many laughs...way too many laughs.
Special shout outs to seph, Juan, lolo and khent. U guys are on another tier of awesome.

Hey guys, keep in mind that nobody writes a book in one day. if you look at it like that, you'll get overwhelmed and not do shout outs at all. just break up your shout outs like Partison did. even if it's just one person for now, that's fine.

i'm just going off the top of my head as to who i remember for shout outs. if you were lame or you didn't make an impression on me, then how do you expect me to remember you?

Shout outs part 2:

Malice: I was really impressed with the way that you captured and hyped up the event. You had pictures, fried chicken and videos for days. Good shit man.

Hubbs/Jaxel: wow on such an excellent event. It was well run and on point. You all make tournaments for us worth the while.

Lolo: so Ivy is the only character stopping you at this point huh? Don’t feel alone because it’s not just Yoshi who she beats, it’s the rest of the cast. As S-U mentioned, the only character that can stop her has been banned. Either way, people had a chance to see your raw talent as you dominated with multiple characters. Your tournament nerves have matured, so now you are deadlier than ever. I look forward to watching our new school vs old school match because it seems like a candidate for match of the year.

Woahhzz: your confidence is low and you had a blister on your thumb and your hands shake and you hide them under a blanket when you play. But that didn’t stop you from winning because you have the soul calibur gene. You represent the best of the breed for the new generation and I told few people on the phone that you were the best player.
You just need a little fire under your ass before you start to perform at your best.

Mick: Way to rep X. Now everyone is playing her(even Malcom). Are you happy now? Hit little Kai up when you get a chance.

KrayzieCd: it’s a good thing you stayed with us because we wouldn’t have had much fun without you. We go way back so we just have that connection. During commentary we gave peeps a few history lessons and such which was good. We didn’t’ play but you didn’t miss anything because I’m not confident in my game yet. If I had Hilde, I would’ve been calling people out, picking fights and ‘deeboing’ folks for no reason.

JR: it was fun hanging out with you because you tell it like it is and you have no filter. I just made sure that I didn’t play you because I want to live to be your age. Your wife was lovely. I hope that she enjoyed it and that she will tag along for more events.

Ramon: personality-wise, you top the charts and you were the guy to be around for a good laugh/entertainment. At first I didn’t see how you could pull a girl like that but after I hung out with you more, I still wasn’t convinced. Can you ask her what she sees in you?

Oofmatic:
You are on for the bet to see who’s son wins the first tournament. Haha. It was fun to hang out with you and to meet your lady apprentice. We also had some epic star wars matches. People may complain about them but there are higher tiers out there that we could whore.

Partison:
You represent a very strong player and a extraordinary commentator in the new generation. Welcome aboard to the SC club.

MTFighter:
You’ve become stronger as the tournament progressed, which is what I expected out of you since you were the undefeated online champ when you played. You made Maxi look broke with unblockables online. I can’t say who you’re stronger with but you do really well with Sophie and Xianghua. Hilde is gone now, so we can enjoy the game again. Hit me up online and we’ll play.

Thugish:
I’ve been a fan of your cold-blooded play style since day one. Whenever Soul Calibur gives you a fast whore with 50/50s, you go to work naturally. Everyone is scared of the way you play and there is no one that can consistently beat you. That says a lot. Because of this, you will ALWAYS be a threat to be feared.

S-U: we really missed a strong Kilik representative to mix things up at summa jam. something tells me that we will see you at NEC because you are a person that can’t sit back and watch on the bench for long.

KDZ: you were like “let’s get this shit over with” every time you played. It’s good that you are enjoying yourself with multiple games. Most of us wish that we could cross over like that.

Zephalump: as a new face on the scene, you surprised everyone with that solid Cervy. You have some of the best players to play against in Chicago. Usually most players are quite, but your personality has a likable style.

DK: me and you were first and 2nd every tournament at NEC last year. Looks like it’s time to redeem ourselves. Even though you lost your bag, you were still happy and bubbly. Good to see you again.

Greatone: I’ll hit you up but you are the man with stories for days. You looked out for everyone’s room/food too which really helps a lot for those of us who are financially unstable.
Thanks bro.

MORE TO COME...i think

Someone broke my comp while I was at sj but, luckily, my guy is on the Geek Squad so shoutouts should come soon! In the mean time, keep 'em coming! Love reading what people have tp say.

I want to thank everyone for the great support on the online stream commentary. It was my first time commentating for anything, so it was a great ego boost for me seeing my commentary received so well by the community. Thank you so much.

Special props to Partisan, Bibulous, Ramon, DK, KrayzieCD, Kit, RTD, Jaxel, and Tom Brady (out of no where!) for being so awesome on the online stream with me. Rock on.

I suppose it kinda makes up for my crappy performance in the tournament. I'm definitely motivated now to practice for NEC, so watch out.

Congrats to the placers and everyone who came to this amazing event. Teams, singles, the 8-vs-8 Old School vs New School team exhibition were all fine.

More shoutouts to come. I'm so happy that I came to this event

Live streams

13 Viewers
Draethiox
Draethiox
It's that time again folks ("Late" Edition)
1 Viewers
LittleeMacc
LittleeMacc
THE SOUL MIGHT BE CALIBUR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back