Summer Jam 5 Official Results

Summer Jam 2011 is now over! Woahhzz from Philadelphia takes the singles event in a stunning runback against Mick in Grand Finals! Team "Nothing-Common", aka "Team lolo and 2 scrubs) takes the teams event. This was a huge tournament with a great turn out, and we're hoping that North East Championship 2011 can be even bigger on December 4/5!

Videos will be uploaded throughout the week.

SC4 Teams: (11 teams)

1: Nothing-Common (Woahhzz, Ramon, lolo)
2: Broken (Mick, RTD, thugish_pond)
3: The Three Amigos (OOFMATIC, Eli123s, Partisan)
4: MTB (MTFighter, Human Typhoon, BlackMamba)
5: Upset (LostProvidence, Hawkeye, KrayzieCD)
5: EEEHHHHH!!! (Goofus, Nightblade, Lasercakes)
7: WashedUp and Random (BrewtusBibulus, Jaxel, KidDZaster)
7: Scrubs (PhoenixIvan, ZeroEffect, Saion)
9: Hanbark (Alucard, Hanbark, OneEye)
9: Philly (FightClubHuBBs, Sporko, Malice)
9: ACHookers + Jian (Rekki, OmegaXCN, Jian)

SC4 Singles: (41 entrants)

1: Woahhzz
2: Mick
3: Thugish Pond
4: lolo
5: MTFighter
5: Fundraiser (LostProvidence)
7: Unidentified26128 (MaxxDreamkiller)
7: RTD
9: NDK
9: Partisan
9: KDZ
9: Oofmatic
13: JustKill
13: Rekki
13: Sporko
13: HumanTyphoon
17: Last Dragon
17: Lowsweep
17: Saion
17: BlackmambaMoan
17: Hawkeye
17: Eli123s
17: Sephalump
17: Ramon
25: Malice
25: Goofus
25: Bibulus
25: Hubbs
25: Gr8 ONe
25: Kikaleek
25: Syphon
25: ZeroEffect
33: Lasercakes
33: Honkey Kong
33: JRWR7
33: Jaxel
33: Jian
33: Mark
33: Patrick Jones
33: Arctic Komodo
33: OmegaXCN

Old School Vs New School:

Old School: BrewtusBibulus, KrayzieCD, MTFighter, Goofus, RTD, Jaxel, thugish_pond, Mick
New School: Partisan, MaxxDreamkiller, LostProvidence, NDK, lolo, Kikaleek, Woahhzz, Ramon

New School wins 8-7

Battlelog:

Partisan (Cassandra) defeats Bibulus (Voldo)
Dreamkiller (Amy) defeats KrayzieCD (Mitsurugi)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats LostProvidence (Setsuka)
NDK (Voldo) defeats Goofus (Voldo)
lolo (Yoshimitsu) defeats RTD (Apprentice)
Kikaleek (Yoshimitsu) defeats Jaxel (Talim)
Woahhzz (Mitsurugi) defeats thugish_pond (Amy)
Ramon (Sophitia) defeats Mick (Xianghua)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Partisan (Cassandra)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Dreamkiller (Amy)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats NDK (Voldo)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats lolo (Yoshimitsu)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Kikaleek (Yoshimitsu)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Woahhzz (Mitsurugi)
Ramon (Sophitia) defeats MTFighter (Xianghua)

BracketSummerJam5.gif
TeamsBracketSJ5.gif

Yo guys, finally got some Internet access (on the bus no less) and just wanted to say congrats to all the placers. I had a fuckin blast this weekend so I wanna give a big thanks to hubbs and the other organizers and Static for helping me get there.

I'll see you all at NEC if not at Dev somehow.

More props to come.

P.S GIANT sliders

Congrats to Woahhzz, Mick, Thugish Pond and lolo.
Wow... every players in this tourney are strong from what I see on stream. Woahhzz is the man.
Anyway, Canadian players have a safe trip back home. We are waiting for you.

Congratulations to all placers! I bet this was a great time. My street was too flooded for me to make it out to Philly, next time don't hold a tournament during a hurricane, haha.

What about Ramon vs Mick MM ?

We played some matches that partisan will put up. Ramon was going to get 5-0 if we played. Seriously I want him to be at 100% which won't make much of a difference. You all will have a few matches between us when partisan get time. Props will come later. I can't wait for sc5, I won't be denied.

Btw fuk ivy too... Lol.

Hey guys. Kai and I make it back safe.
I gotta say that this was an all out Epic hurricane MTFighter, Lolo and Woahhzz tournament. The scene for Soul Calibur is stronger than ever now.

Jaxel's stream consistently had 300 viewers with players doing most of the commenting.
Thanks to Partisan, Malice, KrazieCD, Bibulus, Jaxel, etc. for repping the event to our stream monsters and for OmegaXCN and Ramon being god-like on the mic

I wanted to point out something real quickly though because i was wondering how Human Typhoon got 13th place at such a high level tournament and discovered the following:
For the top bracket, you had:
Oofmatic, MTfighter, Thugish, KDZ, Gr8 ONe, Patrick Johnes, RTD, Lolo, NDK, Lowseep,
ZeroEffect, Kikaleek, Woahzz, Omega, Ramon and mutha freakin Mark.
That shit was beast!

And for the bottom bracket, you had:
Mick and Human Typhoon
ggs

Ivy rant disclaimer: Ivy is a f'ed up character yes, BUT with the way Woahhzz was defending and breaking %95 of the grabs, he could've won Summer Jam with Talim. Woahhzz also plays this game more than anyone else and he never stopped playing when everyone else quit. Did I also mentioned that he's asian?

So here are the props part 1 section:

Hawkeye: You know that I was avoiding that annoying Taki in the tournament because I didn't want to get Soul Crushed on the stream. I expected you up there with LP on the results though but when I heard what happened, it made sense. good to see the Chicago crew repping strong!

Lost Providence: eyes closed like Woahhzz and beast mode enabled? that's how top 5 does it? You were probably Woahhzz's most difficult match all the way down to the last round; not to mention that he won the tournament. Had your pad been a little more hot pink, you would've definitely taken the whole thing.

Enkindu: That's a good observation. I believe that I'm about %80 percent there with the stick and I like it so far . I expect some return on my investment in a few more months. Besides, I cannot let Harada down ;)
Other than that, I'm not sure if I'll be able to overcome the tier hurdle of beating Ivys, Amys and Yoshis with Apprentice. But I'd like to keep trying.

IdleMind: it was good to see you again and thanks for the words of encouragement for little Kai. He will look back at this in a few years and become inspired to know that he was apart of such an event with a fun and loving community.

Kikaleek: Thanks for watching Kai and he says hey. You guys had some epic battles and i'm sure that when you post them, they will go viral everywhere. good to see you again man.

Props 2, 3, or whatever are coming later.

Hyping the crowd is more fun that trolling stream monsters. My throat hurts so much, but I'd keep doing that over commentary.

Had a fun weekend. Saturday started out awful, but everything after that was great.

Also, special thanks to InsaneKhent for giving me a place to stay, and for getting the most baller post-tourney casuals room setup in the entire building. You left so fast that I missed you and didn't get to say thanks.

For like the 4 people that bothered to kick my ass, good games, for everyone else, why you so scared?

Just got back at 5 in the morning after dropping everyone off. Gotta a busy day ahead of me but definitely dropping lots of props. Really, though, best fuckin' tournament ever. Really wish everyone could see how long people were trying to stay. =P

got some sleep finally!

Props soon to come!

let me just say it was the BEST TIME i've had with you fucks!

It really sucks being back to reality now that the tournament is over. But anyway, I am taking some time off. I'll write some shoutouts once I get the chance. Shoutout to everyone who came through in a hurricane. If yo ass wasn't here, you know now to show up to an event.

Yeah, I honestly feel sorry for people who couldn't make that. It was probably top 15 times of my life. If you haven't made it to a major offline but are considering it, do it. Without a doubt. I came home loving this game more, which I didn't even think was possible. I learned a lot for the in game, got to finally see where I stand among others in it, and finally got to try execution in a nervous setting. What really got me though, is this community. They are absolutely great. I'm a little cautious about doing a props list thinking it would either be super long or I miss somebody...or both. So honestly I can say if you spent more than 10 seconds talking to me, we played games, or you were a part of setting this up, making it possible for other people, or making it so others could join in and watch the good times thank you a lot. I met a lot great players at this, and I met just as many great people. I can't wait for December to have the good time all over again. I miss random round-table talks already =\.

Lol, why so many "BYEs" at the beginning? How was that organized?
Some people dropped out of the tournament on their own will, or they signed up for more than one and were gone too long for keeping them in to be time-efficiant for them to bounce between.

Ok, time for props.

Eli123s- I think I got to play you the most. Our Ivy mirrors were a lot of fun and challenging. A lot of our matches were really close but I still have a ways to go before I reach your level. GGs and sorry for being so quiet, lol.

Partisan- It sucked that we didn't get to play very much but you were pretty much owning me with NM even after I switched (ran) to Amy. Nice commentating, too.

OOFMATIC- We only played 3 matches and I got owned pretty bad but it was still fun. Nice meeting you.

Hawkeye- I was really impressed with your Taki. Hope we can play again soon in Chicago!

Woahhzz- I think we played around 15 matches and I won like once. Good stuff. Congrats on first.

Lasercakes- Nice to finally play you offline. Had a lot of really close matches. GGs and I hope to see you at another offline event.

Malice- I had a really hard time keeping up with your Cass. It was a lot of fun playing you, GGs.

ArcticKomodo- Nice to finally meet you. Had a lot of great matches.

For the rest of you guys who I didn't get to play; It was nice meeting you all and I had a really great time. Again, sorry for being so quiet but I was just really nervous. Everyone I met from this community was awesome.

PS: Sorry if I'm forgetting anyone! I just got home after being in Ohio all day so I'm really tired.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back