Talim Q&A / General Discussion

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and I've been playing Talim quite often. I find her to be a really fun character to play as, so I come here for most of my resources on how to improve my game.

Anyways I've got a question about a certain mix-up string that seems to be working on most of my opponents.

AA6BA4, WL A, FC3BB, 2A+B, AS A, 88_22 WC....

the WL A can be changed to WL K/B depending on how quickly your opponent catches on to it. the 2A+B hits and bounces the opponent the perfect AS distance away. The problem I am having is, after I do the AS A (which for the sake of this example, hits and causes stun), I'm having problems following up with it! I hit with it, it stuns, but by the time my WC is over the opponent has fallen on the floor, and I end up doing a WC into automatic AS.

What could I do to improve? D;

heh, so i turned on soul cal cause i was going to call BS on WS A, WC AA, WC (blank) actually giving you a guaranteed mixup change at the end, but i found out that you are indeed right shenyu.

However, i did find something funny in that if you hit them CH with WS A and you try to WC AA WC, you actually leave yourself at a disadvantage.

...*shrug* just a dumb random thing i noticed

Lol. Why wouldn't you get mixup out of it?

WC wouldn't be nearly as good if you couldn't do WC AA WC -> mixup.

Though the CH thing is somewhat surprising. I might test it later. There's plenty of time to hit-check WC AAB anyway.

i actually was under the assumption that WC AA left you at 0, but that's because i tend to be stupid and refuse to look at what's "really happening".

__

But as for CH WS A, WC AAB, what im saying is if you only WC AA (so that you can WC again) you actually put yourself at a disadvantage. Meaning, from what i've seen, if you get CH WS A (or 1A i think), you dont want to WC AA WC unless you've trained them to block after AA regardless (which isnt bad)

No it's not ok....

How do you get Talim to say "No it's not OK" instead of "Wind hear me"...... I've selected her a few times and she's said this but it's very very rare. I'm thinking I've got to press something? Anyone know? Thanks

no i didnt really pay attention to that, i found a very useful move that will help. there are times where you are running at a standing opponent and then you slide. i think that if your opponent is up then run and in a sudden just WC either 2_8 and then do B:B, it seems to work, just wanted to let you know.

CY asking for Talim help.

Ok, I throguht this thread would just be spam, but I throguht hardedr, and said," what the hell." I have paly and main Talim since the first time she was in the game. SC 2 you guys. So what is my question? Well, I have seen retarded good Talims, and seen oofmatic fucking take names with Talim like it nothing. My question is how can I improve with Talim? I can play a decent pressure game, but I think I'm missing something with her. Plz help guys.

Also, no Ivy rape apples were not harm during this post.

CY

While posted something about it in another thread, I thought this question would be more appropriate here.

What do you guys normally do against mitsurugi spammers? I can see their moves but because of either lag or my mood, I'm unable to block 2KA or 1A on reaction. And besides that Talim doesn't have lot of moves that out prioritize or overpower Mitsu's to my knowledge, and, even for stuff that's punishable on block all I'm able to get in is 4B, so I'm at a loss. Really, I can't stand losing to Mitsu spammers and it really frustrates me when it happens, so any help would be appreciated.

So anyone got any strategies for Sieg vs. Talim? One of the locals is pretty good with Sieg and he tears me apart (Doesn't help I like playing characters with little range).

So anyone got any strategies for Sieg vs. Talim? One of the locals is pretty good with Sieg and he tears me apart (Doesn't help I like playing characters with little range).

my buddy plays with Siegfried and the way shut him down is i got used to his combo set, meaning most players usually will stick to a certain combo set and that way u can see whats coming and punish accordingly. at the beginning i was not very good against him, but when i started to play against him i began to notice his combos and punish in ways that are effective. i shut him down so badly that he is switching to another character because i always beat him when he picks siegfried and i am always talim and i dont play with anyone else.
what i really use agianst this specific siegfried player is i use 3:B::B: alot and i always try to mix things up. most everyone i play against falls for the WL :A:+:B: unblockable and then cancel it either go to AS :A:+:B:, but he really falls for it then i usually like to give them good damage with WL :A:+:B: unblockable then i do AS :B:+:K:, :A:+:B:. also since talim really has to work hard to give damage, i would recommend using the 2 part grab if u are very good with it. another thing i also use is :A:+:G: if i am on the 1P side and close to the ring out area that way it is an automatic ring out.
hope this helps and if u need more tips then ill be more then happy to help u against him, just ask me the moves he uses and ill tell u what i use to counter him. just describe him move and not the imput until i start to get familiar with the his moveset inputs then u can use the input commands. GOOD LUCK AND SHOW HIM WHAT TALIM CAN DO!!!! KICK SOME SIEGFRIED @$$!!!!

I think some one posted a little about the input speed- if you input :A::A::B: too fast it won't come out.
:3::3::A: is the same (you'll get :A::A:). Gotta stay calm and get the right speed...

Don't know if anyone posted this- Talim says different things for :3::B::A:. It depends on how long you hold the :A::
If you press and release the :A: immediately she says 'Aay' (I use Japanese)
If you hold :A: a little she says 'Kono'
And if you hold :A: until it releases (full) she says 'Ya'.

Maybe someone can confirm this to me but when I'm doing WC AA, 8/2 and then follow it with the GB version of WC BB, I seem to get a just frame. What's strange is that if I do a straight WC B:B (Or however the notation is for the GB version), I can't seem to get the just frame. Maybe I'm just too slow.

EDIT: I was able to get a JF out of the GB version of WC BB but it seems really tough. I just wish I knew the advantages.

WC B:B
-does more soul gauge damage (dunno if it actually does more damage)
-if it hits, it can be followed up by AAB, K, (or a few other things)

^^^ WC B:B is also safer on block. However WC B,B actually does more SG damage than WC B:B does.

i think we're all typing this wrong.

Are we supposed to be talking about WC B*B, or are we actually talking about WC B:B?

There are 3:

WC BB
WC B:B
WC B,B

The last two can KD, and the last one does the most SG damage.

ok, so we're not notating that with *, got it.

and B,B really does more SG damage than B:B? I'ma have to look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

Back