Talim Video Archive

I second that- after playin SCII and SCIII Talim this Talim really requires more precision input and timin for her moves.

It's makin me get better that's for sure.

I'm gonna post the video where i lost this sunday

I prob wasn't playing my best but the guys have learnt to block and punish her know.

Thanks for puttin em up!

It's gonna make you a better playa, man.

Now you're gonna have to mix it up, GI, 'trick em', etc to get damage now.

Nice vids. I especially loved the Siegfried fight. It really showed that he learned Talim's moves better.
However I think now is the time to alot more cancels and/or safe moves. Like WL A+B cancel into AS A or AS A+B (or if you are Oofmatic-godskilled like you can do the AS K JF into whatever you like..) I think that in alot cases vs Siegfried and versus Nightmare WC can be really good for alot of nasty moves like 3 and/or the night stance B (The low one I mean I don't know what the inputs really are). You seemed to jump into alot of them with AS or WL.

But I really like these vids. I learn alot from these. Thanks ^^

In my case, we have someone record them and then upload them to youtube.
In our most recent casual session, Malice and I had a grudge match night. There were 3 FT5 sets. I beat him 5-1 in our first set so he called for a rematch. This time he came back from being down 2-4 to win 5-4. Then we did the final set.

Due to unfortunate circumstances, the finals are the only vids available from this "Nigga Moment" grudge match. They're still good vids though so check em out if ya like.

Nigga Moment Finals set 1 - Malice (w/ Sophitia) vs. ZeroEffect (w/ Talim)

Nigga Moment Finals set 2 - Malice (w/ Sophitia) vs. ZeroEffect (w/ Talim)

Nigga Moment Finals set 3 - Malice (w/ Cassandra) vs. ZeroEffect (w/ Talim)

I only saw the first 2 vids but I definitly saw you playing more aggressive then usual (wich ofcourse is how I like it xD). However the Sophitia player knew that and seemed to punish alot. But in the end alot of your mix-ups were succesfull only sometimes like in the 3rd round of the second vid you don't complete your combo because you are afraid to RO yourself. In such situitions you can safely short AS :A:+:B: I thought. You would have got the round there then but ah well you won in the end so it doesn't matter ^^.

Also after watching the first vid I looked to some relative videos and it was quite hilarious that there was a lot of 2pac or other black inspiration music. Possible due your 'trashtalking' in your vid xD.

Yeah, it's cause of the whole "nigga moment" title and theme. I'm actually surprised the Boondocks episode with the same title wasn't listed. But yeah, In the first set of matches that isn't shown, I played way safer. But after I noticed him getting hit by a lot of my mixups I took more chances and played progressively less safe. My playing style changes in adapting to my opponents strengths and weakness. Basically if I'm not being punished for stuff, I'll normally abuse it until I'm forced to switch it up.

And I probably could've just used 2A+B in the end of that round instead of WL K. Short version AS A+B may have worked as well. But I didn't want to take any chances of ringin' myself out, and I thought WL K would pick him up off the ground.

Is Malice always that aggressive and semi-unsafe? Surprised Zero could do anything. I'm stealin' his strat yet again tho he didn't seem to go for oki often. Vids need more fried chicken and baby mama drama. Very entertaining you niccas.

Nigga moment matches. Lol. I turned off my tv cause this is way more entertaining than anything since UFC went off.

2 pieces of advice that im seeing (cause im too busy laughing at some of these comments)

1) In the situations where you're kinda more pressed to get a KO, WC BB more. (you looked like you were doing WC Throw more, and it kept getting ducked). That's opinion, and dont take my opinion to heart -especially mine. lol-

2) If you ever land BT B and you accidentally WC out of it (cause you expected it to be blocked or whatever), WC K. That will still hit. Either that, or start scrolling through your options. I do the same thing myself with the BT B cause I make alot of people duck dumb throw nonsense.

1) In the situations where you're kinda more pressed to get a KO, WC BB more. (you looked like you were doing WC Throw more, and it kept getting ducked). That's opinion, and dont take my opinion to heart -especially mine. lol-

2) If you ever land BT B and you accidentally WC out of it (cause you expected it to be blocked or whatever), WC K. That will still hit. Either that, or start scrolling through your options. I do the same thing myself with the BT B cause I make alot of people duck dumb throw nonsense.

No you're right about WC BB/WC B:B. I used it more in the later rounds because he was always ducking the throw. Most people I fight don't duck until after I've landed a few WC throws, so it took me a bit to figure out he wasn't.

As for the BT B thing... The reason I end up using WC B instead of K is because my 3B input came out too fast and it registered as 2B giving me the WC B. I don't know if it would have let me use the K since I had already pressed B when I tried to do 3B.

ah.

Well i figured you did the same thing I did, which is to sometimes WC prematurely expecting the BT B to get blocked (cause.... well I love having an excuse to WC), but having that WC K there is nice when you do it.

Works great for ringout, too.

__

*laughs* I main pig girls. XD

I'll watch em all when I get some time- saw one though and it looks like he's doin pretty good.

Haven't watched all the vids yet but I've seen a good number of them. This Commi guy looks like he knows what he's doing as far as the basics of Talim strategy, which was good to see. As far as advice, I would use AA6BA a little less. It's a good transition since it goes into all her stances, but the last hit can be ducked and punished. I did like the adjustment he made later when he started using the delayed version of the move. That keeps people from trying to punish AA on hit. Mix those two up well.

I liked his step killing with AA or 33A. 33A is unsafe though so be careful. I use it more often than I should at times, but since it was working there's no harm in abusing it. It's all about knowing your opponent.

I noticed that after landing a WC throw (8B+K, A+G/B+G) he didn't take advantage of BT mixups on +12 advantage. Talim has good options here. BT 2K (easiest to land), BT B (if they duck or retaliate), BT B+K A+B (for guard break setups), turning and doing WC K/B:B or even another WC throw, etc...

AS A+K (Windsault A+K) is a great move when you expect to be punished after a blocked transition. Remember to take advantage of all the stances from transition to avoid being predictable.

And finally, try to work in a few more throw attempts. It can be discouraging sometimes when your opponent tends to break your throws consistently, but Talim's throws are actually very good for wakeup options. Especially her side and B throws.

Talim is all about mixups and conditioning. Her damage from combos and attacks depends on these things.

Endnow does have quite a big ego and it does feel great to beat him with talim. Unfortunately i don't play online, but hopefully you can pick up some strats from these videos.

However, he's learning to play against talim as well :)

I should be angry from reading this but... you speak the truth Eclair :P. Seriously tho how could you not have a big ego when your as good looking as me!?

Things have changed since the start of our offline sessions though. As in at the start I think i could have acurately gauged the order of best to worst SCer but now i think the line is blured. Id still say you have a slight edge on me as an all around SCer after having fought your X and lost more than won but as i said... SLIGHT edge :P.

Zero, your Talim has gotten SO much better.

I plan on playing my brother offline again sometime in the next couple days so expect a video ;)

Watched em.

Don't see any major probs- maybe use :A::+::K: or WC :A::+::K: more (don't think I saw em).

EDITs
Other moves you can add:
Prac the :B:::B: timin, do the chain throw, the :2::3::6::B: combo and :3::B:::6::B:.

Here's some of the streamed video footage from Saturday night's session. My matches are on the first two parts and about a minute into part three. It's me using Talim, of course, against FightClubHubbs using Yoshi, Asta, and Liz.

part 1 - http://www.justin.tv/clip/7b35bb032b26e679
part 2 - http://www.justin.tv/clip/505fd8f7ba0e5721
part 3 - http://www.justin.tv/clip/86c312af8160933e (Only up to 1:50)

Besides Astaroth, I've never fought an offline Lizardman or Yoshimitsu before him, so I may have made some mistakes or missed some opportunities. But it is casuals after all. The vids get a little choppy at certain points but they're definitely watchable.

Back