TEACH ME THREAD!

And I don't understand gamer talk like A B C D whatever..... Maybe that's what I need help with is understanding the input???I
i know there's a page somewhere explaining the notation but i have no idea where to find it. quick review: the numbers refer to the numberpad to the right of a keyboard. 2 is down, 8 is up, 6 is right, etc. (this is always assumed you're on the 1p side btw) the letters are the same as in the game, A is square/X, B is triangle/Y, K is circle/B, and G is x/A.

for some maxi stuff check out his SA: http://8wayrun.com/forums/maxi.102/

I need help learning to understand the inputs and what they mean.

hey whats good, ive played with you before on psn. i dont have my ps3 with me at school so i cant play with you right now but i can definitely help you with the notation. the numbers represent a direction, think of it as a numerical pad:
In numerical directional notation, it always assumes that you are on the player 1 side. think of the numerical pad kind of like an arcade stick kinda sorta. 5 is neutral, meaning that you aren't going forward, backward, up or down. soul calibur generally doesnt use 5. if it is a move put out in neutral there is usually no number but you will see it in other games. 4 is backwards, 6 is forwards and 8 is up. 1, 3, 7 and 9 are your diagonals.

the buttons in the game are A, B, K and G. A is your horizontal button. i think by default on ps3 pad it is square. these are your moves that will beat out people stepping. B is your vertical button, which i think is triangle by default on ps3 pad. these moves are generally a bit slower but more damaging and usually could be stepped to at least one direction. K is your kick button, circle on the ps3 pad by default. G is guard, or X on ps3 bad default. your trigger buttons by default are button binds, like A+B, B+K, A+G (a grab) or B+G (b grab).

other notations you should recognize, general and for maxi:
WR = while rising (moves that you use while getting out of crouching)
FC = full crouch
GI = guard impact (4A+B+K
JG = just guard

Maxi Stances:
RO = right outer
BL = behind lower
LI = left inner
RC = right cross
LO = left outer

I appreciate this a lot!!! Thanks. I hope we can play again soon!

np! i should be back on psn some time after im done with school. also, i want to throw in there that as far as character related things go, you should start off learning what moves maxi has that put him into stance and what stance they put him in. that's generally why i lose to maxi all the time because im way too lazy to learn that lol. there was actually just a podcast released last nightthats on the home page that my boy IRM breaks down maxi. check it out.

Okay I will try to find that after I leave here (work) I guess part of learning to play well really has to do with the WAY we learn in general. When it comes to memory I am very very auditory but this isn't just memorization to understand and grasp it- we want to be way beyond that we want to be good players worth our salt! It's not fun unless it's a challenge and it's not fun to lose over and over either.
Anyway my point is I've spent time in training mode and it's helped a great deal I think when it comes to video games my best luck in learning is just doing something over and over and over as many times as I can (boring yes, worth it though!) I don't however learn by someone telling me what to do like I do with everything else in life. So I will listen to the podcast and I'll let you know if it helps me. I think my best bet though is to have the things I do most wrong (like habits) pointed out and then practice over and over that correction. So when someone who's really good with Maxi has time to maybe play and then write down suggestions I could then go into training and just work on those points.

I'm back again, apologies for not committing to requests recently
Ivy, Viola, aPat
I'm on ValentineXXI xb
and bushindu on psn.
Sorry but EU only, sick of dealing with lag.

I'm searching for an experience Pyrrha Omega player to teach me the finer points of playing as Poe. I know the basics already; I'm looking for intermediate-advanced training. I'm on XBL, tag is in my sig.

I'm searching for an experience Pyrrha Omega player to teach me the finer points of playing as Poe. I know the basics already; I'm looking for intermediate-advanced training. I'm on XBL, tag is in my sig.

Judging by the way your Lexia raped me last night. I hope you die of goneria and burn in hell.....LOL I kid I kid!!

Try getting games in with Partisan. Or even TwistedRaven. Either one can help

Judging by the way your Lexia raped me last night. I hope you die of goneria and burn in hell.....LOL I kid I kid!!

Try getting games in with Partisan. Or even TwistedRaven. Either one can help

My girlfriend was watching, so I had to go all out. ^_^

I seem to recall you whipping my ass a few times before, as well.

I've messaged Partisan, but with no luck. I'll hit up TwistedRaven and see if I get a response.

EDIT: Scratch that - he just messaged me :P

You know what, I'm sorry I was so out of place there. you know what ... I'm a high level Edge Master looking for someone to teach me how to punish people with 3 bars and below connection quality. I would like to claim more than just my country on-line, but the entire world!

Character: Xiba
Looking for: Mentor/Tutor
Available: Anytime after 2pm GMT
Platform: PS3
PSN: Rhease

I'm extremely cooperative and a fast learner! (Or so I've been told and I have a mic.):sc5zwe1:

Still looking for a Tira mentor. If any are available please let me know.

The idea behind this thread was for the people that are looking to get taught something, they would contact the mentor in hopes of setting something up. We mentors dont check this page regularly for people that want to be taught, we are kind of expecting them to contact us.

There are 4 people up for Tira (see the first post in this thread). My suggestion is to get in touch with them yourself. Refer to this thread in your message and Im sure one of them will be happy to help. The 4 Tira mentors are some cool guys that Im sure would jump at the chance.

Back