Things you DON'T wanna see in SC6

SCV's soundtrack was great. Tbh only SCIV had a bad soundtrack. The only ones I remember liking were Glacial Coliseum and Phantasmagoria. And as for the rest, it was more this is coming after SC3 where nearly everyone had a unique stage and theme.

I guess I dont want too many shared stages and music.

At the very least, characters shared only locations, but the stages varied in times of the day in SCV. Wasn't like Soul Blade, where every character had a unique stage, and the stages themselves shifted in times of the day, but it was still progress.

SCIV had characters share stages. That was it.

SCII had characters share stages too, but some also had unique ones (Yunseong, Talim, Seong Mi-Na)

Last edited:
I want to see some things and these may sound contrasting. I'm sorry.

I want to see Talim be her cool SC2 style or her SC4 priestess style, make the SC4 style be her 1p with red pants, pink and white sc2 outfit being her 2p :P I won't blame them if they go kitty girl though, not one bit.

But what I don't want to see, is actually too much skin, I want the showiness level to go down a level from 5 to 6, I prefer the more modest looks of SC2 and SC3 to the showier 4 and 5.

I won't lie to myself though, I want some level of showy, just not too much! I mean, I like bounce, but I don't want to feel embarassed about the girls being all bounce ya know? Make em cute, have em flaunt it, but there is an art to teasing just enough to keep it cute and energetic without stripping characters down to thongs or something.

In terms of clothing destruction, I would like SC6 to continue NOT applying high/mid/low armor breaks with defense decrease. I'm happy they removed it in SC5.
I'm actually of the opposite opinion on the 3 levels part. I liked it. The defense decrease seemed negligible to me from what I remember– nothing to miss there. More control over what disappears to create some more “modest” armor break states (if desired) would be welcome.

I don’t want to see the horrible 5-sizes-too-big clothing pieces, though. At least SC4 had CAS clothes that fit.

Also don’t want to see graphics tied at all to last gen systems. It’s time to embrace the current consoles and PC fully.

Last edited:
Things I don't wish to see

Critical Edge... or any special attack that is less of a skilled thing

Guard Impact being bounded by soul gauge or anything.
(effectively the SC2, SC3 GI system)

Clothing break - make it an option for character to disable the cloth breaking
sometime combination of clothings can led to awkward result when clothes is broken.
that looks totally funny.

Things I wish to see - Weapon customization option
The ability to change guard, blade, handle... or accessories like tassel.
As well as ability to put logo on the weapon much like clothes in SC5.

How exactly is critical edge or brave edge less of "skilled thing" as you call it?

While I admit weapon customisation is an interesting idea, how is that gonna work for Edge or Calibur, which are essentially uniform pieces of meat and chandelier respectively

While I admit weapon customisation is an interesting idea, how is that gonna work for Edge or Calibur, which are essentially uniform pieces of meat and chandelier respectively
Those two are gonna be special uncustomisable weapons (and, hopefully, broken destiny, as it looks really cool).

How exactly is critical edge or brave edge less of "skilled thing" as you call it?

Critical Edge input is about one attack, but the amount of damage dealt is that of a string.
making it kind of off balanced. Maybe extend the input command to be slightly tricky.

Soul Edge & Soul Calibur are signature weapons so I guess the ability to add accessories would be sufficient, though not changing.

There can be 1 customizable weapon for each character, since it can be altered and saved with character creation data.

The customizable weapon might add a heap of accessories for one particular weapon.
For example a regular Zweihander Sieg or Night uses would have at least 4 options

- Blade customization
- Guard customization
- Handle customization
- Pommel cuztomization

(this is almost quite the standard for sword based weapons like Rapier for Raphael/ Amy)

Mitsurugi's Katana & Taki/natsu's wakizashi Would have added Sheath customization option.
Xianghua/ Leixia's Jian would have a tassel cuztomization option.

Cassandra/ Sophitia/ Phyrra/ Patroklos would have Shield Customization
that is placing emblem, shield shape etc.

The bare minumum options is allowing current weapons to be "taken apart"
players can mix and match parts from existing weapons into a "hybrid"
that is then rezisable and customizable (color setting/ place setting).

unlockable content (with player's level) might include extra weapons
which the accessories is locked so players is rewarded progressively.

For example Mitsurugi's Katana, the guard and pommel can be removed,
and the handle and sheath made to looks like a plain wood to obtain a "shirasaya" build
c107-33-o-katana-in-shirasaya-1000.jpg

Alpha Patroklos/ Setsuka sword making a "Shirasaya" would give something like Zatoichi's sword

folded_zatoichi__48627.1428513812.1280.1280.jpg

Xianghua/ Leixia's Jian can be customized with No Name 1P's handle and pommel (with "none" for tassel)
adding the No Name 2P's guard and resizing it narrower

can result in something that resembles a Han sword
han-straightsword-upper-range.jpg

Though players can get creative and customize fantasy weapons like Buster Sword for Nightmare
, Elucidator for Xianghua, Lambent Light for Amy, Excalibur (Fate) for Siegfried.
Scissors Blade, Elucidator + Dark Repulsor for Cervantes

Last edited:
SCV's soundtrack was great. Tbh only SCIV had a bad soundtrack. The only ones I remember liking were Glacial Coliseum and Phantasmagoria.

Phantasmagoria was awesome. It's the only track I even remember from that game besides Setsuka's stage. I like to pretend I'm leading an orchestra while it's playing lol.

I'm not a big fan of Critical Edges because they easily shave off a 3rd of your health in one hit. If they're gonna bring them back in the next game they should be like in Soul Edge where you need to land multiple hits with precise timing if you want to do the full amount of damage.

nah thats not right. CEs and BEs make the overall gameplay more "exciting" and non of the CEs are broken since they consume half the meter possible and most of them only work in certain situations or in some cases are super awful (Sieg). BEs are pretty similar for example they enable less skilled players to use attacks like 2aB with yoshi for a bit of meter in exchange(which is a good thing in my opinion). Just imagine algol or viola having the dmg they have without meter attached to it.

Critical Edge input is about one attack, but the amount of damage dealt is that of a string.
making it kind of off balanced. Maybe extend the input command to be slightly tricky

I'm not a big fan of Critical Edges because they easily shave off a 3rd of your health in one hit. If they're gonna bring them back in the next game they should be like in Soul Edge where you need to land multiple hits with precise timing if you want to do the full amount of damage.

I'm gonna be honest, these sound like some of the scrubbiest or most uninformed opinions I've ever heard.

of course the dmg CE deals will be strong, you're spending a entire full stock to deal dmg to your opponent...and even then, not every CE deals that kind of dmg, Violas, Leixias and aPat's deal some of the weakest dmg in terms of CE, Dampierres and NM carry specifications in order to activate and have a tremendously long start-up.
Algols CE requires 2 stocks to be able to use the full CE, using 1 does very meagre on it's own but sets up combo/reset potential which STILL isn't all too dmging unless you're willing to spend further meter.
Astaroths CE sux dick on it's own and needs a combo/to spend further meter for a better to be able to convert the dmg

Most CE's in general are punishable in some form.

While I agree that some CE's need to be balanced, some are too strong for what they do, however these statements sound as if they're coming from someone who's never even played V at all.

I'm gonna be honest, these sound like some of the scrubbiest or most uninformed opinions I've ever heard.

of course the dmg CE deals will be strong, you're spending a entire full stock to deal dmg to your opponent...and even then, not every CE deals that kind of dmg, Violas, Leixias and aPat's deal some of the weakest dmg in terms of CE, Dampierres and NM carry specifications in order to activate and have a tremendously long start-up.
Algols CE requires 2 stocks to be able to use the full CE, using 1 does very meagre on it's own but sets up combo/reset potential which STILL isn't all too dmging unless you're willing to spend further meter.
Astaroths CE sux dick on it's own and needs a combo/to spend further meter for a better to be able to convert the dmg

While I agree that some CE's need to be balanced, some are too strong for what they do, however these statements sound as if they're coming from someone who's never even played V at all.

Nightmares does yea but concerning damp his CE can activate almost immediately. But then again damp doesnt have any braveedges that are actually useful so that makes up for it. (and CE dmg varies)

Nightmares does yea but concerning damp his CE can activate almost immediately. But then again damp doesnt have any braveedges that are actually useful so that makes up for it. (and CE dmg varies)

well yh that's kinda why I said that Damps CE needs to meet certain conditions to activate, same as NM except his will activate regardless after 140 frames

I guess that sounds like someone who have never played older Soul Calibur games.

CE used to be the Critical Finish in SCIV, which is awefully OP since a guard crush with CF would be 100% fatal
It is a mechanic to safe guard novice players with a reasonably powerful move to counter experienced and skilled players

The soul gauge limited guard impact seems to be also a "scrub friendly" move.
Since this can potentially be annoying if you do not know how to break from

In SC2 and SC3 it is possible to be cornered into continuous strings when scrubs have no idea where to break out
of and simply got "overwhelmed" into KO. The power creep between skilled and unskilled is sort of ironed out with CF and CE.

Though I personally think a Fighting Game should be more skill based, and less of these
moves where it generally do not reward learning the game in depth.

Last edited:

Well since I didn't really like Soul Calibur V and didn't play it much I guess I would fall into the 2nd group there. Maybe if I played the game more I would feel a different way but as it is I think Soul Edge pretty much nailed how Critical Edges should be done and if we have to have them I'd rather them be like that. I'd rather not have super moves at all though.

I guess that sounds like someone who have never played older Soul Calibur games.

CE used to be the Critical Finish in SCIV, which is awefully OP since a guard crush with CF would be 100% fatal
It is a mechanic to safe guard novice players with a reasonably powerful move to counter experienced and skilled players

The soul gauge limited guard impact seems to be also a "scrub friendly" move.
Since this can potentially be annoying if you do not know how to break from

In SC2 and SC3 it is possible to be cornered into continuous strings when scrubs have no idea where to break out
of and simply got "overwhelmed" into KO. The power creep between skilled and unskilled is sort of ironed out with CF and CE.

Though I personally think a Fighting Game should be more skill based, and less of these
moves where it generally do not reward learning the game in depth.

I have played most of the previous titles, the only one's I haven't played is SC1, Lost Swords, Unbreakable Soul and Legends.

Did you really just say that the Critical Finish in SC4 was OP? most characters and players could barely pull that off unless they went into the final round and even then it wasn't as likely to occur since most defence gauges were pretty high, only character who made good use of this was Voldo since a lot of his attacks wrecked the guard gauge. So realistically the only ways you're gonna get CF'd is if you block too much.
If you honestly think it's a mechanic to counter experienced players...then maybe you're not as good as you think you are. granted SC4 was trash anyway.

lol what? what game are you even playing? I swear you're coming out with the most uninformed opinions...at this point I have to ask if you've actually played any of the SC titles at all.
Seriously...becoming overwhelmed by strings in Sc2 and 3? there's a pretty easy fix to that...training mode and working on your string defence.

you honestly sound like someone who just wants an easy ride and doesn't want to put any effort to try and widen the gap between himself and lesser skilled players and just expect wins to be handed down to you.

but lets run with that logic for a second, by that definition you should be able to come along and defeat me in SCV no problem, I like to think I've learned the game a fair bit, so by that you should be at my level despite not having put much effort into this game.

Last edited:
Well since I didn't really like Soul Calibur V and didn't play it much I guess I would fall into the 2nd group there. Maybe if I played the game more I would feel a different way but as it is I think Soul Edge pretty much nailed how Critical Edges should be done and if we have to have them I'd rather them be like that. I'd rather not have super moves at all though.

so then the solution is simple, don't make ignorant posts and educate yourself by understanding SCV a little better.

Back