Things you DON'T wanna see in SC6

which is just your opinion though. Because there simply is no such thing as good and bad if it comes to art or music made by professionals.

Yes, everything is subjective to opinion, but there are memorable and forgettable compositions, the musical score as present in SC V is for the most part forgettable, for every person that claims to like the music in V, at least an equal number can also be found to rate it subpar.

Yes, everything is subjective to opinion, but there are memorable and forgettable compositions, the musical score as present in SC V is for the most part forgettable, for every person that claims to like the music in V, at least an equal number can also be found to rate it subpar.
Compared to the jumbled mess that was SCIV's soundtrack, SCV provides much more of a hook (Tira's, and Leixia's, in particular) and describes each character better.

It is not the best, nor are many instruments "authentic" in some themes( *cough* every song by Hiroki Kikuta *cough*), but it is a step up to the right direction.

Last edited:
Compared to the jumbled mess that was SCIV's soundtrack, SCV provides much more of a hook (Tira's, and Leixia's, in particular) and describes each character better.

It is not the best, nor are many instruments "authentic" in some themes( *cough* every song by Hiroki Kikuta *cough*), but it is a step up to the right direction.

The songs go between seriously generic (like can't think of an example because I can't remember them) to incredibly memorable (Sacred Dawn, Wandering Seer, and Samsara come to mind). I definitely like how the songs are composed to fit the characters and not the stages.

I think they are also pretty memorable. Cant think of any song from previous games. Just kinda sucks thats midnight mystique isnt on the soundtrack cd.

I like the SCV soundtrack

Yes, just like flying, some people prefer window seats, and some prefer aisle.

I've listened to those themes for quite some time, but I would not buy them as DLC, as I have bought the memorable classic themes to be used in both SC IV and V.

The last one starts with some familiar notes from Maxi's original theme as a tribute, but then wanders off.

It is unlikely that themes from SC V will end up in Soulcalibur 6, but time will tell...

If Namco goes back to the winning formula of the original installments in a lot of things for Soulcalibur VI, they should also consider inviting Keiki Kobayashi and Junichi Nakatsuru for the musical score.

Last edited:
SCV proved to be a good starting point for where they went with soundtracks like Soul Edge, and SCII, which is orchestra and video game music. By VGM, I mean a certain hook that can be identified in an instant, and tends to appear throughout the entire song. Basically, how the majority of modern music is. All the while, basing the music on the character.

I wouldn't say that SCIV failed entirely on that, but it does seem rushed, and didn't handle it better like other games did.

Sacred Dawn, Samsara, Regalia, Midnight Mystique and, if that counts as scv music as it is just a mix, Venice Rooftops - those a good ost from scv imho. 4(5) - is, generally, as much as you could have actually memorable compositions in one game. Rarely any game surpasses that number. I thing everything is "ok" with scv music.

Sieg's theme, Elysium's, Algol's, and ZWEI's theme were good imo. Venice Rooftops is an obvious one but you can't really count it

Hilde's theme was my favorite in SCV. Nighty's is great too. On the other hand, I can't take Raphael's theme seriously because of how overly dramatic it is.

Back