Tira Combo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gloomy does have an extra hit that adds notably more damage, but there's a pretty clear extra hit in the animation of Gloomy.

It doesn't really suck if you think about it. It means you get maximum damage on everything to begin with.
It really depends on how Clean Hits factor into overall damage output of other characters and whether that was factored into the base damage of attacks with the Clean Hit property. If they decided to forgo Clean Hit attacks in favor of more consistent damage output then that's cool, but if she's simply losing out on the opportunity for extra damage that's less cool.

Ok fellow Tira lovers. Prepare to be amazed. Got this idea after messing around with a combo coldoblooded59 asked me about. Here's the super simple and beautiful result of my research:

GS 66A W! 3B W! 44(B)

The only problem is getting them to eat 66A.

Helloooooo my dear Tira players.

I've been thinking and testing for a while by now and I have some suggestions about what to do after GS 3B.
Here are my advices feel free to contradict them, say they're crap, that I'm noob etc....

The different options after GS 3B are:
(the damage may be not super accurate but its at least 2 or 3 damage near)

Without meter.
1)3B 4A 4K 66B, 71 damage (2xlittle chance of going jolly)
2)3B 4A 3AA, 67 damage (100% remaining gloomy)
3)3B 4A 4K 666B, 86 damage (high chance of going jolly)

With meter.
4)3B 4A 4K 66B BE, 86 damage (2xlittle chance of going jolly)
5)3B 4A 4K 666B BE, 97 damage (high chance of going jolly)
6)3B 4A 4K 3AA BE, 83 damage (100% remaining gloomy)

7) 3B 4A CE, 115 damage (100% remaining gloomy)

So with this I recommend this:

I suggest you forget about the combos 1 and 4 since the damage is not worth the chance of going jolly.
Stay in gloomy as much as possible, you need the pressure of that stance if you want to compete with the tools of other characters this is why I recommend using combos 2 and 6 mostly. I do believe the additional damage you get from combo 5 is not worth the mood change.
Use combos 3 and 5 when your approaching 40% health (for the mood change) or to finish your opponent (or put his health to 5%)
Ofc use CE whenever possible.

I have played Tira a lot against a lot of good players and this is the way I think is the best.

Edit: I forgot to mention something, the combos 2 and 6 whiff on Algol....you have to delay it to connect

I find GS 3B, 66K to be the best non-meter option, since it does about 70 damage with no self-damage and no chance to go into Jolly. (Plus face surfing is always fun.)

I've stopped using 3AA in that combo unless it's the BE (or near a wall/ring-edge), since 3B does roughly the same damage without any self damage.

I find GS 3B, 66K to be the best non-meter option, since it does about 70 damage with no self-damage and no chance to go into Jolly. (Plus face surfing is always fun.)

I've stopped using 3AA in that combo unless it's the BE (or near a wall/ring-edge), since 3B does roughly the same damage without any self damage.
I never even though to combo in 66k, cool I will start doing this.

Yes.

I didn't have space to mention this in the guide, but I would strongly recommend using this combo often.

As Zeik said, you don't hurt yourself, making it invaluable when you need to make a comeback. You also stay in GS which is absolutely paramount to winning a tough fight with Tira. You can keep your meter for a transition later or extra damage.

Another thing is the Okizeme afterwards is really good. BT B+K is an amazing move, and against those who try to block or roll, you can use a throw or 66 B (BE).

I am not saying always use 66K, because many combos after 3B have different and important uses, but 3B 66K is your safest option and one of the best.

I find GS 3B, 66K to be the best non-meter option, since it does about 70 damage with no damage and no chance to go into Jolly. (Plus face surfing is always fun.)

I've established that 3B 66K also gives the most amount of gauge while remaining in Gloomy, and it's also good after BT B+K. 66K hits at all ranges, while 4A misses if they're farther away when launched.
66K also leaves you BT so you can do BT mixups.

I just remembered that 4A does hurt you very slightly, so you can transition into Jolly if you manage to hit the 40% life mark after using it. But that's pretty rare since the damage is so low.

I think I've killed myself maybe twice.. I'm pretty sure only using 666B.. I'm trying to adjust to only using 66B now.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back