Viola General Discussion / Q&A

Sigh. I wish she had a mid punisher then I wouldnt really complain about anything. 4A+B kinda sucks with the low priority.

I dunno. I'm still working on this lady.

I also think 1K is better than 2A

what do you mean by mid punisher?

you can also do 6AB~2B+K or 6B+K btw, though obviously those are much less safe. B+K BE works too if you're willing to gamble a little :)

Why is the RO potential hilarious? I fail to understand there. Is there something you do afterwards?

If you do it right. It tosses them all the way across the stage. It can ring out really well. It has to be not exactly right under them, but very close so that they are pulled.

I've been using 6AB~B+K a LOT since I seen the frames in the book.
And those frames are...?
On hit B+K (orb return) actually combos. I use this more than I should at this point.

Right now it seems like its difficult to get the orb back when you want it back. Especially if you're being spaces. Cervantes and Siegfried give her HELL. If you have no meter you're better off sending the orb out but bringing it right back. But when you have the orb combo potential is low.
why would you want the orb? The only orb-only move I like is 6B+K since it's -1 on block, are there any others that are good?
Sigh. I wish she had a mid punisher then I wouldnt really complain about anything. 4A+B kinda sucks with the low priority.

I dunno. I'm still working on this lady.

I also think 1K is better than 2A
1K better than 2A?? for what?

Luff has a question: What do you guys think for her OKI game? I also noticed she can interrupt certain moves using the ball into other moves using the ball. Ex: B+K~6B+K.

Also, any idea's on how to actually use 6B+K?

Progressing quite well with Viola's execution but when matched against supposedly slower characters such as Siegfried, their powerful moves are faster than my normal one button input attacks...

Confused :s

She has no okizeme. Viola is playable, but she is very lacking.

It you mean 6B+K without the orb I do it then block, it tracks the opponent if they want to get into AA/BB wars and while it hits from behind I go for a low/mix mixup.
what do you mean by mid punisher?

you can also do 6AB~2B+K or 6B+K btw, though obviously those are much less safe. B+K BE works too if you're willing to gamble a little :)

Pyrrha's 236B, Youhi's 6B BE, Natsu's 66B..all mid punishers. Viola has to gamble on W/O 3B which has shit range and punishable to pokes. 8A+B and 6A+B are the best she's got which aint much.

2B+K after 6AB isnt good unless they are freezing up, even the BE can get stuffed.

And those frames are...?

why would you want the orb? The only orb-only move I like is 6B+K since it's -1 on block, are there any others that are good?

1K better than 2A?? for what?

6AB has a startup of i17 with the two hits being -6,-4 on block. So the positioning is great, but both hits are hit and thus the use is limited.

You want the orb when you dont have meter for brave edge and you're being spaced out. 3B becomes safer, and she gets access to 4A which is one of her only sidestep killers, and that shits -5 on HIT. But er, its the fastest thing she got for 8wr and spacing. You want the orb so you can kill step but continue to send it out. When Viola has no meter the best strategy is to build meter by being annoying.

Viola's 2A again, shit range. Story of this lady's life. I'll take bad on block 1K because the range is almost 3 times longer than 2A, which is special-low BTW.

By now I'm sure all the Viola players see how thoughtful you have to be using 4A+B

Viola isnt "slow" its just that her fastest moves end up having short range or being terribly unsafe/linear.

Its something you'll just have to learn to overcome if you choose to play this character.

You want the orb when you dont have meter for brave edge and you're being spaced out. 3B becomes safer, and she gets access to 4A which is one of her only sidestep killers, and that shits -5 on HIT. But er, its the fastest thing she got for 8wr and spacing. You want the orb so you can kill step but continue to send it out. When Viola has no meter the best strategy is to build meter by being annoying.

By now I'm sure all the Viola players see how thoughtful you have to be using 4A+B
Another orb-only tracking move is A+BB but it's -11 on hit LOL. There's a BE version that KNDs, but still, what a waste.

Keep the orb if you don't have meter?? why? You still get a huge damage boost from not having the orb, not to mention you can pull the orb back to get frame advantage or at least threaten to.

I'm pretty sure you can use 6AB without the orb, and even if you can't, you have 6AA still. There's also 6A+B which can be used the same way except it has longer range and no tracking.

I wasnt saying you could only use 6AB with the orb. I was saying 4A, 2B and 6B+K are invaluable to Viola when she has no meter to brave edge so you should hold on to the orb. Even when she does, they are really good tools for her, the only downside is that like you said she has no combo potential with the orb, but again, with no meter for shenanigans she's has more tools at her disposal.

I do things like (with orb) 6B+K just for spacing, then B+K call back as I 8wr around the map. Just fishing for pokes and run counters.

I NEVER do (with orb) A+BA ( i think thats what you meant), I do however do (without orb) A+BAB which works like (without orb) BBB so you get the anti-sidestep mid horizontal with the safety of BBB. Its like the slow mid version of AAB. Situational, but hey...its all about knowing the little ins and out of the character.

Still cant find a purpose for 22_88B+K in either stance. I mean, maybe if it actually AVOIDED something when she spins around. Who knows.

shes extremely fast, but very short ranged W/O the orb, you have to learn to juggle physically hitting the opponent and using orb in sequence

Ive challenged Sigs 3B against her B and his was faster...

challenged Sigs K from chief hold stance and his connected before mine.

Challenged Pats 3b against her 3b his was faster.

Challenged astoroths K against her K his is faster..

Man move Speed execution seems like a issue for her.. and shes incredibly unsafe after moves too!

yeah but thats because sig is a cheap ass hole
edit just saw others
I think shes kinda the new tira fighter, in the sense punishing with shitty moves and long combos to deal damage
eg 1k

Play her like a counterhit character and use those tech ducks.

She's no Dudley. Trying to outpunch people is bad.

yeah he is a bit dodge... he has a high horizontal you cant duck and a vertical you cant side step at close...

but hey Viola should be very quick for her size with normal attacks.. and i cant understand why they nerfed some of her attacks and reduced hits

sig is an ass, some of his vertical moves, keep hitting despite me quick stepping, I see the animation mid movement of him turning ffs. For viola moves like 1b ducks highs and some vertical moves, and ends in counter hit which can be strung into. aab combos.

Ive challenged Sigs 3B against her B and his was faster...

challenged Sigs K from chief hold stance and his connected before mine.

Challenged Pats 3b against her 3b his was faster.

Challenged astoroths K against her K his is faster..

Man move Speed execution seems like a issue for her.. and shes incredibly unsafe after moves too!
Theres a reason her single B, and single K arent listed in her "top 10 moves" thread. -_-

for those who play T6 play her like zaf its works
I think Viola is a little bit better than Zafina. Rotfl. I grinded it out with her at a tourney last year.

ahh considering her damage output is so ridiculously shyte, she should be faster and safe...

Since when was 90 with no meter shit?

You are in the Viola forums. You have access to all of our knowledge so what is the point of this thread? There is a good amount of information here that will point you in the direction of being a better Viola user. No she cant beat Siegfriend's 3B clean, most of the cast cant.

What are you asking? Your question was answered.

Viola is weak in using single blows, but thats not her thing duude, she can juggle very nicely and even nicer with meter. It just takes practice to know max dmg available

Back