Viola General Discussion / Q&A

And that's only as long as the move to be punished has absolutely no pushback.
There aren't many -18/-19 moves that push her out of 3B range. The ones that do are usually strings that are best dealt with through other means than just holding G.

At Maximum range you need to pressure then with 2B+K (6B+K to reset back into) 2B+K to keep them on their feet. This stops them from having time to think, and keeps them having to step constantly.

When they get hit by a 2B+K finally, this is your chance to get in. An important tool Viola has to get in is 6B+K, 1A+B. This is her best option because even if the 1A+B is blocked, the 6B+K makes it safe. Once you are in this is where the fun starts.
I just noticed a problem with this setup.

if 2B+K hits, I have the orb. if I use 6B+K to cancel 2B+K again, I lose the moment to move in because they can definitely step move away by then.

Yeah only do cancel loops when you are far out.

Violas shortcomings are
- lack of range,
-the abuse you suffer as viola player
-Come chars can push her out, so she cant punish.

I remember some guys said that 44A is relatively safe, but it's -15 on block. unless people are watching out for the 2nd hit, it should be pretty punish punishable. is it really safe to throw this out that often?

what exactly does 22B+K do other than orb cotnrol? does it have any dodge properties? never really see people use this move at all.

Pretty much just her punishment. She doesn't get much direct damage until -18 or worse, only Set BBB or 2A into mixup potential.

So in a sense her poor punishment is similar to astaroth ?

She has trouble with opponents spamming moves that are -16ish on block (or large pushout) that chew through guard meter ?

I know a lot of this may sound obvious to you, but i've only encountered online violas that basically gamble trading CH simply because of the absurd combo potential she has hoping to come out on top.

How does she fair against ranged lows ?

I remember some guys said that 44A is relatively safe, but it's -15 on block. unless people are watching out for the 2nd hit, it should be pretty punish punishable. is it really safe to throw this out that often?

what exactly does 22B+K do other than orb cotnrol? does it have any dodge properties? never really see people use this move at all.
44A is pretty safe, because she gets a 80% combo off it if she connects, so most people dont risk punishing it.
22B+K dodges right, but not a great amount isnt useful at all unless you are trolling.

I just noticed a problem with this setup.

if 2B+K hits, I have the orb. if I use 6B+K to cancel 2B+K again, I lose the moment to move in because they can definitely step move away by then.
the 2B+K 6B+K bs is just to keep them moving around, 6B+K to 1A+B is ok but not amazing because against players who have reflexes will stop her. IMO test the player with 6B+K 6B if they dont duck, next time try 6B+K 2k, or throw, they will eventually try to duck or sidestep, or just keeping chipping with 2k 1k s with 6b+K.

So in a sense her poor punishment is similar to astaroth ?

She has trouble with opponents spamming moves that are -16ish on block (or large pushout) that chew through guard meter ?

I know a lot of this may sound obvious to you, but i've only encountered online violas that basically gamble trading CH simply because of the absurd combo potential she has hoping to come out on top.

How does she fair against ranged lows ?
Well, what I mean by her not getting "direct damage" is that when she's at that much advantage, she can go for a 44A or 3B to beat out any attack the opponent might go for, and if they don't attack she gets a set 6B+K into nonsense. So yeah, basically like Astaroth.

Her low punishment game is basically just FC A and 44A. If it's far enough away and/or not -20, go for it.

As far as character struggles go, being horrendously dependent on moves that give 74 to 217 and 114 to ∞ damage respectively and are fairly easy to hit with isn't too big of a dilemma.

Last edited:
In what way is she CH dependent? The only move I can think of that has significantly better properties on CH is :1::B:, and who uses that shit anyway? Do you mean for like, poke damage or something?

lol forgot I had you ignored.
Yeah I was thinking about someoneelse when I wrote that, but all in all her poke damage is shit, so yeah CH helps that alot, and if you play against someone who can avoid the 3Bs, and 44A she has to rely on that shit.
1B is good if you know how to time.

I think you were going off about something or trolling and I just ignore anyone I cant be bothered to converse with. Un-ignored now.

hey guys found a viola combo for you :)

No Orb. 6B+K,6K,2B+K BE,66B,66A+B
No Orb. 6B+K,6K,2B+K BE,(turn around), aab,66B,66A+B
6B+K must hit in the air after 6K to make it work.
Have fun

Last edited:
hey guys found a viola combo for you :)

No Orb. 6B+K,6K,2B+K BE,66B,66A+B
No Orb. 6B+K,6K,2B+K BE,(turn around), aab,66B,66A+B
6B+K must hit in the air after 6K to make it work.
Have fun
Nice, but the combos you listed aren't really useful on terms on versatility. In terms of flash, sure, but not if you want damage. If you do, SET 6B+K 6B 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE 6B+K 66A AAB 66B 66A+B, you'll get a LOT more damage for one BE.

Also, I take it your username is a reference to Amy's 2B+K? Lol

yep i know just posted it because you can do it Kappa

wanted to use that Backturn kick somehow use the most stupid move in a combo you know ? :9

you can take my username as a reference to damp i main damp Kappa

Fun little combo.. (they must land with their head towards you after the first 66B)

SET 6B+K 33(B) 66B 2b+kBE 6B+K B A.A.B 2A+B 2b+kBE (small delay) 44aBE (<-max delay; after third orb hit->) 2b+kBE 6B+K B A.A.B 66B 66A+B.B = 223 / 2.0 meter

I need to ask this again. how does orb 33B 2A+B revenge work? because when I tried to do it in training mode, pyrrha's BB stuffed my ass.

so I set the CPU to block 1st hit and BB back afterward, and then I do 33B and immediately mash 2A+B, I saw my lightning thing comes out, but pyrrha's BB stopped the orb before it can even hit her.

I haven't tried the 1K version, but just how exactly do I make this work? do I need to do some sort fo special timing for the 2A+B? or do I need to press some other button to make myself recover faster or something?

Back