Voldo Movelist Discussion and Analysis

Guys ~ I need you to take a look at my pre-party vid at 25:53 -- What is happening, and why the hell am I glowing red after getting hit while doing MC B+K?! Aside from me getting pretty much destroyed, check it out -
There's some kinda auto-evade out of mantis. Maybe a replacement for the GI on the hump. First time I saw it was in the TGS footage and the guy got a BBB out of it. That's the only time I've seen something successfully gotten out of it.

Although now that I think of it, I wonder if regular A+K could get you a BBB.

So i have been fortunate enough to be playing Voldo the past 2 days. Not enough to get into practice mode and actually look but i did the glowing red GI by doing B+K while in MC and it started an Unblockable. I was hit out of it though because it countered a Natsu ninja bomb so i still dont know the full effect of the move.

Landfish seems ridiculously good in this game and doing the 22_88 A+K Will put you instantly into LFHF if held.
The [A] hold in LFHF does 3 quick sweeps with a guard crush on the 3rd hit. The best part is that you can delay the 3 swipes, so jumping them is pretty hard and it appears to track VERY well. The b+A+B+K is Huge damage and very very fast. To me it seems landfish is way more viable in this game then it ever has been in the past.

So I played the game a while too ~ Voldo's B+K from MC acts almost like an auto-GI, but it's very tricky timing it seems ~ after nailing it, he glows red, stands up and does three regular Bs (B,B,B) -- makes no sense, but that's what he does.

He also has another similar reaction from landfish, where he glows red, acts like he's going to explode on the ground, then fly into the air doing the last hit of 7_8_9 K,A. Crazyness =)

It's my opinion that MC and Landfish are 50% as useful as they were in SC4, or even SC3 ~ but he has potential in many other moves ~

He *can* combo his CE from CH BS 4B (his old BS B+K) for pretty damn good damage ~ And I'm just getting started =)

-Manta-

yeah I've sort of negated the advantage I had gained from getting it Saturday by not going to bed until like 6:30 in the morning on Saturday night/Sunday morning, sleeping 12 hours, waking up, and going back to bed 4 hours later. Dont' know what happened there, heh.

Anyhow, I'll be putting in my work tonight

Ok I just finished unlocking all the characters, and here are my Voldo impressions from a couple hours in story mode and beating legendary souls

Mystery Dance cancel, y'all!

Mystery Dance, BS 2A+B. Mystery Dance, BS 2A+B. Mystery Dance, BS WR B

Dance Dance Revolution

Ok I just finished unlocking all the characters, and here are my Voldo impressions from a couple hours in story mode and beating legendary souls

Dance Dance Revolution
I can't wait to try this. Is Voldo still on vacation?

Once more unto the beach.

Finally after sc3 and sc4 where it was useless mystery dance is back.Great, But i will really miss the CR cancel. I hope V is still in shape i`m getting hands on my copy on Friday, cant wait! I saw Natsu jumping from the wall and attacking. Can Voldo do a wall attack from MC like in SC2?

Found something fun. In MCHF if you do the rush and on hit do B+K the launcher will combo. So not only do do you get the run over low but it combo's into the launcher now! If you A+B when they are coming down you can also do the roll and if it hits you can get ~80 dmg for the whole thing.

Try this out, 666B,66B,A+B, 3B,3B,3B,3B it seems like you can tech it if you roll to the right but otherwise looks to hit for about 120-130 damage. *I have the computer set to all guard on 2nd action and tried all ukemi and right was the only one that they were able to tech out of* I might be doing something wrong but its worked in every mode besides practice mode too. The best part of this is that it ends up being a 6 hit combo where they can block after..but you can keep doing the B's and if they just guard you can do 236 A+B and slide in under them anyways and if they fail on the block you can just get A+B, 3B, 3B,3B (my notation on the 3B may be wrong because im not sure how to put it on here but its the hold 3B AFTER A+B and it puts you into the CR)

The notation for the A+B transition into CR would just be A+B~3 (or A+B3, I guess. I like the other way better)

So for what you said, I'd write that as A+B~3, CR BB

just decided to pick up voldo, had some noobie Q's...
1. are these combos smart to use... 6A,B,A and 4B,A,A? i think i like 4B,A,A better..
2. if you have a slight frame advantage after a hit, what move(s) should be used?
3. any tips for poking with voldo?

So just like MC B+K turns into standing BBB when you get hit enough times, LF B+K also has a retaliation if hit enough times. Basically its the 3nd hit of 7KA, but its an UB. Nice.

Things that annoys me about new Voldo:

BS BB gets you out of blindstance
BS 3B removed (not sure)
No old A+B =(
1K is 4k in blindstance, why the fuck did they do that?
No CR into Blind dive.
BS 4K,a is now 8K,a. BS 2B, K is now 8B, K. Who the fuck wants 8 inputs?
CR grab doesnt track. but it can be pretty fun jumping away from people on tiras stage.

Things that I like about new Voldo:

Old BS 1A which is now 1_2_3 A+B does more dmg.
New 1A is awesome.

oh man I discovered this 4 or 5 days ago and can't believe I forgot to post it.

If you'll all remember, in SC 4, if an enemy got hit by 2A+B and you transitioned into CR and did CR B, it would hit but it would not ring out. To ring out with CR B they had to block the 2A+B and fall fort he mixup or you had to do a CR B without a 2A+B starter

In this game, if you hit with A+B (what used to be 2A+B) and cancel into CR, CR A+B (what used to be CR B) is not only guarenteed to hit it *will* ring out.

So hitting A+B against an opponent at ring edge (and even a little farther, the RO range for CR A+B is great) is a guarenteed ring out

when the frame data changes, you must change with it. here are some observations i made earlier this evening. i simply compared some of voldos SC4 frame data from the wiki with the frame data from my SC5 book. either theres a mistake somewhere or im led to believe that oh say..Pyrrha cant punish voldo 3b with angel step b lol

the good...
...........................IMP....... ON BLOCK

3b,b ....old........21....................-18,-15
...........new.......19....................-12,-14

BS1k ...old........17.....................-8
(BS4k).new.....16......................-6

2a is one frame quicker now! IMP at 13 and is +8 on hit

the bad...
no more plus frames anywhere on 6A+B_6[A+B]. all are -14 on block and any of the three attacks when fully charged are all -4 on hit!
Old BS 1A which is now 1_2_3 A+B does more dmg.

keep in mind that this move was once -16 on block and is now -22. big difference, both still very bad on block.

ill post up anything else i deem interesting. ps sorry about all the dotssss....

Dance Dance Revolution

I use this now too it's very useful especially if you cancel with 2_8 A+K, it kind of allows for a double sidestep however if you press 22 A+B you have to press 8 A+K and vice-versa, otherwise he'll step back to where he was. Still, it's good evasion once you get the hang of it and you can go straight into MCHT or DR for more mixups.

also, did anyone else notice that 22_88 K rings voldo out if near an edge and is blocked? I was playing a nightmare player online and did that because he teched near the edge but he blocked and voldo fell to his doom :(

Back