Voldo Movelist Discussion and Analysis

Is Voldo the Character with the best String Mix Ups? I mean, in BS, he drops with both hands in a vertical attack, into that crab thing stance, then he can do a fast low or a fast mid. How on earth am I supposed to defend against this, other than guessing?

I thought about stepping, but there seems to be a JF version of the low attack that's way too fast. No way that can be stepped.

So, does it really come down to not stand in front (or in back -_-) of him when he is BS?

Hey people i discovered something cool and strange about V - remember when we were talkin about his strange red glowning MC evade, moment ago i was doing a LFHF B+K and i got hit, then voldo starts glownig red and perform a unblockable attack - looks similar like second hit from BS 8K,A. I dont know how i done it but it was cool ;]

Hey people i discovered something cool and strange about V - remember when we were talkin about his strange red glowning MC evade, moment ago i was doing a LFHF B+K and i got hit, then voldo starts glownig red and perform a unblockable attack - looks similar like second hit from BS 8K,A. I dont know how i done it but it was cool ;]

Yup, it was discussed earlier ~ It's almost like a super armor, similar to Astaroth's bullrush BE ~ but Voldo's are quite terrible, because they can be severely punished, and you can't cancel it, similar to MC B+K's standing up and B,B,B. I'm somewhat sad that PS thought these would be useful in any situation ~ the UB comes out slow, hits high and does pitiful damage, while the B,B,B also comes out slow and is prone to whiffing on crouching opponents. *sigh*

-Manta-

When the hell are you even using MC B+K in this game? I find myself in MC less in this game than I have in any other game, and the rare times I am in MC, I can't use B+K without it whiffing horrendously.

I found BS CR K or BS WR K used to be almost useless move in sc4 but now it gives+8 on hit and 0 on block, voldo stays close to opp after hit so its really god to pull BS WR K, 66A+G. Also BS WR K, A+B:G or any other follow up.

offtop: Anyone who wants to play Voldo mirror matches, to exchange experiences so far, invite me at psn, ID: Bolgan

What do you guys use for you main step killer? I've been using 22_88A and 44A quite a bit. 44A can be stepped if timed well but I find it's not usually an issue.

How about meter? I use mine mainly for 6B BE punishment and 66B BE in combos.

22_88A, 3A, BS 4B for step killing. 22_88A being my favorite cause of the freaking long range and TC
i use the meter for 6B BE getting huge frame advantage, following with BS CR B or BS throw mixup

I've been in the lab with Land Fish / Death Roll, making some science.

LF [A] or LF B BE causes a guard break that makes the next attack uninterruptable and unsteppable(?). It forces the opponent to block the mid/low mixup, and you can take advantage of that passiveness to charge another LF [A] or switch into MC. The "safer" options are K and B+K (which doesn't loop).

If the opponent blocks 8A, your only options are K to evade 2A punishment or B+K to "counter" 3B punishment (or a slow 2A). MC is also an option but it seems very random (possibly spacing dependent) if it works or not.

When you hit the opponent with LF B or B BE, you can follow up with a techable B+K. If it connects you're in a good position to press B+K to go into MC for another mixup.

CH 8A, B, B+K = 57
CH 8A, B, B BE =65
CH 8A, B, MC K = 58-65
CH 8A, B, MC A+B,G = ~50 ish, more MC mixups

9K, LF K - if you by incredible chance manage to evade and punish the opponent with this move, you get decent frame advantage for LF mixups.

9K, MC B - now this was made to punish 3Bs and the like. You must space it at max range though.

Not sure if it's been noted already, but 66[A+B] seems to be unlisted in the game/guide, unless there is an alternative input I'm unaware of? Or am I doing the move wrong?

Not sure if it's been noted already, but 66[A+B] seems to be unlisted in the game/guide, unless there is an alternative input I'm unaware of? Or am I doing the move wrong?

If you get a counter-hit then you get a nice followup. Maybe thats what youre thinking of?

Yup, it was discussed earlier ~ It's almost like a super armor, similar to Astaroth's bullrush BE ~ but Voldo's are quite terrible, because they can be severely punished, and you can't cancel it, similar to MC B+K's standing up and B,B,B. I'm somewhat sad that PS thought these would be useful in any situation ~ the UB comes out slow, hits high and does pitiful damage, while the B,B,B also comes out slow and is prone to whiffing on crouching opponents. *sigh*

-Manta-

can someone explain to me which moves trigger these 2 auto GIs? A, B, or K etc. i want to guess that both go off from your average (non stabbing) B but i would really appreciate an answer from someone who really knows. as crappy as these seem to be, the red glow seems to discourage some people from further attacking, i mean the players that don't mash like idiots. although i guess in this case it's what they should be doing.

at this point in time with all the new people playing they will at least surprise the new players and change their mood mid game. nobody else glows red after being hit in the game, not to mention explodes off the ground at you in retaliation.

This evening I had several matches where the CR hop-throw crossed up my opponent and triggered the back throw version. Working in training mode, I confirmed that it happens consistently when the throw hits the top of the player model while on the downward arc, which means that it's very model dependent.

Has this been consistent behavior through SC2-4? My only Voldo experience is limited to SC1 ("one and only dominator").

I've also enjoyed how fast the whiffed hop throw seems to recover into BS. I've had reasonable success baiting slow moves from the edge of range, BS CR hop to clear out and then responding. Probably not a technique with real longevity, but man is it fun for these first months.

I've only experienced that sort of thing vs an opponent that throws out an attack. I always thought they were just doing a weird horizontal that spun them and they showed their back but I guess it's just a voldo thing. I have also experienced that while my opponent was stepping the CR throw "auto-corrected" midair and snatched em up, lol

I am really disliking all of the whiffs I get when I use BS 66B up close. It doesn't make much sense why this move whiffs at this range all of the time.

I am really disliking all of the whiffs I get when I use BS 66B up close. It doesn't make much sense why this move whiffs at this range all of the time.

I feel ya Enk, idk when namco is gonna do something to patch these bugs. Until then, i guess we have to grit our teeth and bear it :(

Back