Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
From the video description:
Choose from a legendary cast of characters spanning the SOULCALIBUR series and fight through life-or-death battles in an engaging and highly customizable solo gameplay fighting experience.
SOULCALIBUR LOST SWORDS reinvents the world-renowned weapons-based fighting franchise with a brand new item discovery and forging system as well as elemental-based fighting mechanics. Special elemental effects such as Wind and Fire will be imbued into weapons scavenged from defeated enemies as well as forged by raw materials you will find.

Soulcalibur Lost swords will be available for free on Playstation 3 by Winter 2013.
For more information, Follow us on http://www.facebook.com/soulcalibur or visit your local Namco Bandai Games website, http://www.namcobandaigames.eu

Talk about this game, share tips & win goodies at http://www.namcobandaigames.eu/community

Does she have two CEs ?

The "Gods, Gods" Elysium attack where the enemy just spazes in mid air

and

her "This is the end"

where she does a tas B and a sword uppercut like her son's CE

Last edited:
http://gematsu.com/gallery/soulcalibur-lost-swords/september-19-2013/ Use this link it has a few more pictures

Knowing very little about game graphics, I'd like to see if anyone can spot differences between SC4 sophitia and SC5:LS sophitia

Soulcalibur-Lost-Swords_2013_09-19-13_010.jpg

Love that. "Cfafting" was a great success! Engrish still needs to get polished, as that screenshot looks like a ps vita version.
More seriously, does equipping specific weapon gives you access to weapon-specific CEs ? or the gems will somehow lock CEs to the weapons ?

Last edited:
Sophitia is amazing. Now with TAS B BE you can do it 3 times in the same combo and the JF will activate by itself.

TGS trailer
0:37 - Siegfried's agA & iag:A stuns, CH WS A[BE] makes up for B4's whiffing problems.
0:42 - It is me or did I see Mitsu CH 2A become +18 so FC 1BB can combo. Does it mean mean that genric CH 2As become +18 as well?
I'm pretty sure you can do 3 CEs now. 1:04, 1:05, 1:13.

Last edited:
Actually, we used to have 3 Shield & Sword styles Since SC2. Lizardman changed to be Aeon with the dual axes in SC5, so I don't mind they make Sophitia to be revived in Lost Swords.

I wonder if "Lost Swords" means every official old characters have disappeared from the SC5 stage? If it is, I will be very excited. They probably release a old character every month by DLC. (Dreaming)

Last edited:
New Trailer:

Game looks like absolute trash -__-

Best thing about this garbage is the "if there were any other way" theme from SC2.

Fuck yo Sophie, ugly ass new Nightmare design, and filthy ass custom using Nightmare's moves

Interesting... it almost seems like every move in the game can combo into something else... Other than that:
  • Really digging the multiple CEs.
  • This gem stuff smells more like SFxT than ToLS to me.
  • The particle effects are very distracting.
  • Those character creations are absolutely awful.
  • From the looks of it, you can equip CaS pieces onto 1P outfits. Finally.
  • Not sure why they amped up the saturation of Sophitia's colors.
Also:

SC_LC.gif

Half Life 3 Zasalamel confirmed.

The particle effects are very distracting.
Most likely placeholder effects. When Mitsu does his CE there's a BE flash. There was a bunch of stuff like that in the pre-release SCV footage.

Also nice Zas find. Bigger still:
c0f948406ace622d5c7414969108c83f.png

Live streams

8 Viewers
SC_Shadow78
SC_Shadow78
Got power outage but it get back after a few minutes (Still short stream)
6 Viewers
mellogoose
mellogoose
Getting that practice in

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member