Whip State Tips

It is something that my gameplay will appreciate a lot. thx man
Since i'll probably forget to test, If you know how much positive it is, just mention it here.
You're welcome. It's +1 only, but it's better than nothing (especially when we are talking about Whip State, where advantages on hit are very rare)

As for WP 44A_[A] - it's really great when it hits or gets blocked, but it's slow and high so do not abuse this! If you teach your opp to duck this, then this move becomes crap. And it's not for CS buffers either :) before you get from WP to SW, the advantage is long gone and you die.

Another interesting this is WP 4B,B+K. It works like CL 4B (and looks pretty much the same) when hits airborne opponent. But while CL 4B is NCc, WP 4B,B+K is 35dmg NC positive on hit (+1)

You're welcome. It's +1 only, but it's better than nothing (especially when we are talking about Whip State, where advantages on hit are very rare)

As for WP 44A_[A] - it's really great when it hits or gets blocked, but it's slow and high so do not abuse this! If you teach your opp to duck this, then this move becomes crap. And it's not for CS buffers either :) before you get from WP to SW, the advantage is long gone and you die.

Another interesting this is WP 4B,B+K. It works like CL 4B (and looks pretty much the same) when hits airborne opponent. But while CL 4B is NCc, WP 4B,B+K is 35dmg NC positive on hit (+1)

What I meant is that if SE 66K is guaranteed on a blocked WP 44[A], then you can get a CS buffer after the SE 66K hits.

Idk... I find that to be a good buffer time, but some other people might not.

Oh, sorry. You're absolutely right. I thought you were referring to WP 44[A]->CS. You can WP 44[A]->SS though.

WP 4B,B+K is one of the only reasons I still want to try WP from time to time. It combines the WP version's Soul Gauge damage (13 to break) with the far better CL 4B blockstun (-2).

Wait, you get negative on block with WP 4B B+K right? Am I reading that right?
I think that Linkrkc was just comparing these three moves:
- CL 4B (worse Soul Damage potential than WP 4B, but better blockstun)
- WP 4B (better Soul Damage potential than CL 4B, but worse blockstun)
- WP 4BB+K (Soul Damage potential equal to WP 4B, blockstun equal to CL 4B)

PS: I haven't really checked If WP 4BB+K's SD is the same as WP 4B, but it is certainly better than CL 4B's.

Another thing that I think I haven't seen posted in here, and has been known from CForum, is Ivy's little-glitchy-teleport...ok, don't get excited, It's not really a teleport ;p

So you all know this WP - transitional into CL - move:
WP 6AB+K
the thing is, If you delay pressing B+K (meaning: pressing B+K near the last moment you have the chance to), then Ivy will dissapear for a very short ammount of time (much less shorter than a second), and she will reappear a bit closer to opponent (about one WP-step closer to opponent). Nothing special though.

Nevertheless, as a move, WP 6AB+K, is really not that bad. Since it is a mix-up of the widely known WP 6AA, where people tend to duck the last hit. In this case, if they block, you just enter CL with a small frame advantage on block. Not bad (although nothing really commendable either ;p).
The annoying thing is that sometimes, WP 6A will land (due to big range), while at the same time B+K may...whiff (due to shorter range than 6A). And usually, this is where this glitchy teleport comes in handy. To make B+K land when it normally shouldn't.

PS: Once again, all this, is probably already known to older CForum members.

WP 6B+K hitbox and using it effectively?

So I'm trying to abuse 6B+K2_8 more. WHY? Because it has long range, catches side stepping, advantage on hit and pushes on block, AND does the most soul guage damage out of any of her moves. I find when I spam this my opponents are sure to block or get hit at least a few times before they can get passed it. Since I've been doing this I've been seeing a LOT of flashing red life bars making the final rounds easy with either a critical or just a fear of blocking my sword mode.

However I'm having issues using it well. I often do a move so that i can hold A then begin the spamming. Is there any way to not have to do an animation before hand so that I can have A held down to prevent it from turning into coiled? I notice if I switch to whip, don't move then throw it, the 1st one doesn't go to coiled but the second one does. What should I do here? Holding A all the time is a really bad habit and often makes it so I can't fire it out quickly when it's good and then continue the spam. I often do a move to allow me to get the A in, but that's when I lost the opportunity and it becomes a very bad choice due to it's speed. Any tricks here?

Also...what's up with it's hit box? It seems at the tip if you pull it one way it will catch sidesteppers the other way and if it's mid it will catch sidesteppers the way you pull it....then i notice sometimes it nevers hit period under these assumptions and i can't figure it out. Is this glitched? Are there sweet spots to sidestpe in that allow you to escape? Can come characters out sidestep the pull?

I really want to get this move down because it's really useful and annoying since the only way to stop it is to GI or use a well timed move to get over it (do not ever use on cervantes...ever!)

I would offer advice, but I'm in the same boat lol. I would suggest not necessarily throwing out an A move just to get the button held, but rather just pressing and holding A during G or right after G during blockstun.

I would offer advice, but I'm in the same boat lol. I would suggest not necessarily throwing out an A move just to get the button held, but rather just pressing and holding A during G or right after G during blockstun.

Yeah but then that means your probably not a good range to be attempting the move anyway. The move is only really good on long distance or when you have a lot of advantage. And at that close there are far better options with more damage and reliability. This move is great but you need good timing since it is rather slow and if you do spam it too much the GI is probably a horrific thing to endure. But it certainly has it's uses. I just wish i could throw it once, then hold A and then spam without it changing. Only way that works is if i change, then don't touch anything and throw it. It gives me one freebie without it going to CL (same with WP 1_2-3 B+K)

Whip Fails

Mbe u can type a bit more?

WP strong points are soul gauge dmg, RO, aGI and keepout. It can even combo now. Definitely one of her most dangerous arsenal. While not practical in close range or against something as fast as NM 33B, its terror for chars that tries to charge in.

Whip Fails

Mbe u can type a bit more?

WP strong points are soul gauge dmg, RO, aGI and keepout. It can even combo now. Definitely one of her most dangerous arsenal. While not practical in close range or against something as fast as NM 33B, its terror for chars that tries to charge in.

I'm just not seeing it. aGI options are risky, A+B is unsafe and 4A+B often pushes back too far for followup. The only good use is for strings that you can aGI like Sophie 11A. Almost everything in whip is unsafe. There isn't even a whole lot of pushback other than 6B+K.

Whip Fails

WP 6B+K is great, and really enough for pushback. WP 6bA+B is another good one, tho its best used at tip range for the best results and tracks to Ivy's right. WP 1B is safer and does pushback, yet slow and easily stepped. Theres also WP 66K, tho a high it gives +1.

With aGI, A+B still can be of use. aGI something you can grasp the timing. Like horizontal whores like Xianghua's AA, 3A, 4K. If you can read them and weigh the risk, its usable. Like it may be easier to time Sophie's 236A than 11A for sure. Tho its not something to throw out randomly.

I'd always try to use WP to the fullest potential and to see if my opponent can deal with it. If they start to find ways around it mbe its time to change tactics and use CL and SW.

If ppl start to step-G WP 3A, Ivy could SS them. WP is not the end of everything, if it doesnt work the first time, use it again later.

Whip Fails

I admit, I rarely hang out in whip for long.

3, 3A, SS, and 22_88B (for damage or RO cannon) are about all I use it for.

Maybe even WP WR BB to punish highs, but that's reaching.

Back